Eibach Springs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ddpunter

ddpunter

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 06:25 PM

just looking at the pvd site-nice goodies, but with the eibach springs-apart from lowering the car do they help or do they hinder the handling?? :blink: any help out there cheers d

#2 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 12:34 PM

I'd like to know the answer to this question too. Anybody know what effect dropping the car 20mm will have on the handling?

#3 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 14 June 2003 - 12:49 PM

I'm learning more and more on suspension through all the work with Nitron and the answer is that simply lowering the can 'can' screw up handling. It all depends on the length/set up of the dampers and springs. It is possible that simply lowering will knock out all the camber settings too. I'm sure thats not the case with the Eibach kit as they're very well known but to give you a comparison, for the Nitron kit its needed loads of cad design and measurement and loads of set up time once its on to make sure we imporoive the handling not feck it up :P

#4 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 14 June 2003 - 02:00 PM

replacing ONLY the spring is the "cheap" way to work on the susp. set-up it USUALLY adds some cornering ability and stiffness, but it might screw-up how front and rear interact, plus the camber has to be reworked like thorney said... in my case with the spax combo, I had to add 0,5mm at the rear and remove 2-3 mm at the front....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users