Tony Law Exhausts - Leeds

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Jamie K

Jamie K

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 09:58 PM

When I was at John Noble in Chesterfield the other day for my rolling road, the guy who I spoke to about mods suggested Tony Law for an exhaust and mainfold. I called them today and have provisionally booked for their next available slot (end of July :blink: ) I've read a couple of things on the web and they seem to be a pretty handy custom outfit, whatever you want, they will produce and fit, over the phone i was quoted a full mainfold and system (with a cat replacement pipe - just pop the original cat back on at MOT time) for £450 all in. I may well take him up on this. Has anybody else ever heard of them ? Jamie

Edited by Jamie K, 12 June 2003 - 10:00 PM.

#2 R3D VX

R3D VX

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:37 AM

have heard of them, sounds like a good deal to me. this may be the answer to my straight through questions. I'll give them a call. Mike :D

#3 Dave T-S

Dave T-S

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:41 AM

I've not used them, but know of them from years ago and have only heard good reports :)

#4 Guest_simon (Guest)

Guest_simon (Guest)

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:02 AM

Just a bit of advise these people obviously dont know what there doing we developed the manifold, cat pipe and silencer for Regal Autosport because of the OBD2 ecu you cannot run this car without a cat , because the engine managment light will come on and will have to be reset every couple of miles . Any further questions contact us on 02380 631166 or visit our web site www.stealth-systems.net

#5 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:08 AM

Simon, it would nice if you registered and then cleared any commerical posts with me - its only polite. :(

#6 Dave T-S

Dave T-S

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:28 AM

With the stage 3 turbo conversion and software as well this car is pushing out around 275 bhp  in a car that weighs as little as 650 kg.

PMSL - from the stealthsystems site referring to the VXT - 650kg? Must be Ricky's new turbo ;)

#7 Guest_simon (Guest)

Guest_simon (Guest)

Posted 13 June 2003 - 08:30 AM

Sorry Thorney just hate to see people throw away money on somthing that wont obviously work . only here to give advise not to sell anything !

#8 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:04 AM

you cannot run this car without a cat , because the engine managment light will come on and will have to be reset every couple of miles .

that's funny...on my N/A speedy I removed the cat, the MIL light is sure on, but no need to reset anything, it runs like a bat outa hell!

#9 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:05 AM

I am not commenting on the work of Stealth Systems but I would like to see more of this car. It looks erm, fabulous.

Edited by JimH, 13 June 2003 - 09:05 AM.

#10 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:06 AM

Sorry, I'm a tit.

#11 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:06 AM

With the stage 3 turbo conversion and software as well this car is pushing out around 275 bhp  in a car that weighs as little as 650 kg.

man, they must be magicians to vanquish 300 kg...all my respect!! :blink: :D
gotta be a typo... :rolleyes:

Edited by Ricky2772, 13 June 2003 - 09:19 AM.

#12 VEX

VEX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:09 AM

Haven't a number of people got a MIL? light fooler. One that makes the engine management think that sensor is still in place and working fine? My understanding is the same a Ricky, yer the light comes on, but engine still runs fine and dandy.

#13 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:15 AM

Haven't a number of people got a MIL? light fooler.

One that makes the engine management think that sensor is still in place and working fine?

two of us tried that, does't work... :(

#14 Dave T-S

Dave T-S

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:54 AM

It will be possible. I had this on my decatted Impreza. Different car, but same situation. Scoobysport had a little gizmo made up that plugged into the ECU pinout and fooled the sensor into thinking the cat was still there. NO further CEL problems. I know who designed/makes the gizmo, shall I have a word?

#15 Dave T-S

Dave T-S

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 09:56 AM

man, they must be magicians to vanquish 300 kg...all my respect!! 
gotta be a typo... 

Ricky
I thought you'd like that :D

I think they picked up the figure for the Series 1 Elise (which I have my doubts was ever 650 kg anyway ;) ).

#16 Jamie K

Jamie K

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:15 PM

The management light may well come on with no cat but what exactly would need "reset" ? I'm looking at a fully mappable MBE ECU anyway but would still like a 200 cell cat for MOT purposes. Mike - did you call them ? what do you reckon ? Jamie

#17 Dave T-S

Dave T-S

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:43 PM

The management light may well come on with no cat but what exactly would need "reset" ?

The ECU is cleared of the outstanding fault codes on a Vauxhall dealer's Tek diagnostic computer, and the CEL goes out.....but it will come on again when the rear sensor detects the cat is faulty (or sitting in your garage ;) ).

I've had a word with Pete at ScoobySport, and he reckons his gizmo may work on the VX with no modification - apparently it works on the new Mini.

Edited by Dave T-S, 13 June 2003 - 07:45 PM.

#18 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:48 PM

The management light may well come on with no cat but what exactly would need "reset" ?

I'm looking at a fully mappable MBE ECU anyway but would still like a 200 cell cat for MOT purposes.

Mike - did you call them ? what do you reckon ?

Jamie

The Miltek system has 200 cell cat.

#19 R3D VX

R3D VX

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 10:25 AM

Jamie, i haven't called them yet, have been watching the replies with interest. Am gonna try a few other places, I know a powerflow place in St Albans that de-catted my supraTT, they will bend anything you want(for a price!!) Will wait a while before doing too much as I have a good system already. Mike :D

#20 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 11:10 PM

My understanding is the same a Ricky, yer the light comes on, but engine still runs fine and dandy.

The only problem is, if one of the other sensors fail or the ECU develops a fault, the light will already be on, so you'll be oblivious to the fault.

Jamie, I had Tony Law exhaust made up for my race car, years ago. They were highly recommended, and were happy to build a manifold and system to whatever spec I wanted. My system was made from mild steel and was bolted directly to the floor, with a flexible joint at the manifold. It was a bit agricultural, but was great for competition use. It was strong too, and even survived a couple of high speed excursions into the gravel trap :P

I've not seen any of their systems for road cars, so can't comment on the quality of these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users