288 replies to this topic

#1 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:43 PM

I wonder how much chelski paid for the extra six minutes of time :rolleyes: LIVERPOOL :D LIVERPOOL :D LIVERPOOL :D LIVERPOOL :D LIVERPOOL :D LIVERPOOL :D LIVERPOOL :D You'll never walk etc etc etc ad infinitum ;)

#2 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

But was it over the line? :poke: :P

#3 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:55 PM

Was it over the line ? History will say yes. It was given and can't be changed. P.S. Didn't really care who won. Hate them both. :P

#4 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:34 PM

If Roman Buyeverythingneededski buys liverpool will the result count? :P

#5 Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:32 PM

I'll be honest and say I'm a Man Utd fan thru n thru (since 76, so no Gloryhunter BS) - hated Liverpool throughout 80's and 90's but always respected them as a one of the genuine footballing institutions, unlike Chelscum who I fcuking detest with a passion of late. So I've been supporting the 'pool of late and well done for p1ss1ng on Jose's dream! BTW, did anyone else realise that around the 85-90 minute mark, the cameras showed Roman sharing a joke - if I was a Chelscum fan I'd be well p1ssed off with that sort of reaction. IMHO, that shows he doesn't have any genuine passion for the club - just a toy - serves them right.

#6 Eminator

Eminator

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:03 AM

Anyone see Phil Thompsons' reaction on Sky Sports News? It was class. I presume he wasn't meant to be an impartial commentator. What a result! I have had a good feeling about this champions league all season (yeah, yeah, easy to say now). I reckon we stand more than a good chance of winning it now. Probably won't even qualify for UEFA cup next season though, might need the intertoto or some fairplay backdoor. Spacemonkey - Great to get some sense out of a ManU fan at last! I am the opposite, hate ManU with a passion but have had a lot of respect for them over the last few years and give them full credit when due. I really wouldn't have minded if they had won the championship this year over Chelsea. Was it over the line? Tricky, the linesman probably did have the best view of anyone. I really can't make my mind up and really don't care too much, would have been a penno and a sending off if not. Look a Gallas' standing foot when he is clearing it, it is almost on the goal line, his kicking foot is definately over the line, still can't see if the ball is though. Anyone arsed? :groupjump:

#7 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:42 AM

I'll say the same thing as I always say about these dodgy descisions and that is the referees descision seals it regardless of whether he's right or not. He is only able to make a judgement based upon the best information he has . It's a shame that goal decided the match in the end and I'm sure there are quite a few Chelsea supporters feeling rather hard done by this morning (Including my Dad) but the sooner everyone gets over it the better.

#8 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:54 AM

come on you reds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

#9 Doogle

Doogle

• Pip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:All sports, Cars, Computers, Socializing

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

I watched it in a central London pub. Was funny to hear a lot of Londeners supporting Liverpool, putting on fake scouse accents thumbsup And basically if it was not over the line, then the goally should have been sent off and it would have been a penalty.

#10 caleebra

caleebra

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:03 PM

Listening to 5 Live last night on the way home, it was hillarious that they were talking about whether it would be Liverpool or Everton in the Champions League next season... I thought there was a game on tonight too, to decide the other finalist :unsure:

#11 Richiemouse

Richiemouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (gooner), Bikes

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

Looks like PSV got mugged by Milan :rolleyes: As a gooner I hate ManUre more than the other two so if it wasn't going to be us I'm glad Chelski took the championship rather than them BUT I'm even more pleased about last nights result, 'bout time that arrogant little twat was put in his place. Roll on Cardiff :drink: :drink:

#12 Speedygonzalez

Speedygonzalez

• PipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

im a chelsea fan and we was robbed by a team that sat back and didnt exactly cover themselves in glory by winning on such a contentious goal...i expect loads of stick for bing champs, after all arsenil got it so did manure so cant expect any different from you guys but once again we was robbed!

#13 Eminator

Eminator

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:34 PM

we was robbed!

Thats scousers for you.

#14 ianrm

ianrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:31 PM

As a Manchester United fan (season ticket holder) I hate both Chelski and the Scousers. So from a nuetral point of view I would like to say that had the goal not been given it would have been a penalty and the keeper sent off. If you watch the ref he was about to blow, but played the advantage. It's no good moaning that the scousers defended and were boring, yes they were but, if you are going to win games you have to break teams like that down and the chelski attack couldn't. You will find that next season teams will come to Stamford bridge and do exactly the same because you are champions and they want to nick a point. Believe me it will happen, the amount of teams that come to Old Trafford and play with a ten men defence when we were champions was unbelievable. I did indeed notice the Ruski smiling and laughing with minutes to go and thought it a little odd when your team is on the verge of going out. Come on A.C.Milan. :lol:

#15 JayK

JayK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

i dont see why chelsea are hated so much? Because they have loads of money? I have supported chelsea 10 years now, half of my life. We havent had the best of years. Things have gradually got better and better. I dont care if the goal was over the line or not it was given. We lost end of story. Drogba is a waste of time. I feel sorry for Gallas and Gudjohnson who played really well, Gallas tried his up most to attack the left wing being right footed. At the end of the day we played well, really missed duff and robben who wasnt on form but we tried. Its not easy to score when there are 22 players on one side of the pitch. We have won the Premiership and the Cup this season which is better than nothing last season. Liverpool played well, Jamie is very under rated. I think they were hungry last night which made them play the way they did. I hope they beat AC Milan, otherwise they will have won nothing this season and not even qualify for the champions league next season.

Edited by JayK, 05 May 2005 - 04:07 PM.

#16 ianrm

ianrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

I don't hate Chelski for Abramoviches riches. One reason is because of their principles. How many home grown players have they produced in the last 10/15 years ? If the Ruski went how would the club stand without his billions the club would have to offload players by the dozen, the wage bill far exceeds income. Robben was on his way to Old Trafford, he even said he wasn't interested in Chelskies money and had wanted to play for United all his life. Kenyon pulled some dodgey stunts at Old Trafford and it hasn't taken him long to do the same at Chelski Duff is exactly that. Before his move to Chelsea he spent a week at Old Trafford but was found to have suspect Hamstrings. United said they would keep it quiet so he could get another club. I do admire Frank Lampard he's one I would welcome to United. Another reason is the hatred, abuse and being chased down the Kings Road on my visit to the Bridge 20 years ago.

#17 Eminator

Eminator

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:10 AM

Hey read the title of this thread!! L-i-v-e-r-p-o-o-l !!

If you want to talk about the demise of your respective clubs then set up another thread. Suggestion for title of suggested thread... 'Losers!!' :D :D :D

#18 Richiemouse

Richiemouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:52 AM

Liverpool?? They're a cup team aren't they, just like Arsenal and ManUre. Chelski on the other hand obviously aren't :lol:

#19 Richiemouse

Richiemouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:57 AM

I don't hate Chelski for Abramoviches riches. One reason is because of their principles. How many home grown players have they produced in the last 10/15 years ?

Totally agree with the ManUre fan <spit> :P Whilst Arsenal and MU have had the spending power over recent times, they've also developed good youth squads and due to first team injuries many of these young players are now coming through. OK, so quite a few of the Arsenal lads are furriners but if we want an England team that's competitive in World football then I think out youngsters playing alongside some of the best you furrin talent is a good thing. It's a shame more of the english youngsters don't cut it but it's amazing to look through the leagues and see just how many ex Arsenal players there are out there.

Personally I'll cheer Liverpool on against Milan, I reckon it'll be a really tight game, maybe one goal in it.

#20 v15ben

v15ben

• Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Hooning in a reasonably priced car:<br /><br />Current Car:<br />'52 Nissan Micra 1.0 Tempest

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

Yep have to say Liverpool played to their strengths and defended, defended, defended. We were never going to outplay Chelsea so we made it impossible for them to score! It worked and we won. I would be utterly gutted though if we win the final but do not get into the Champions League next year, IMO that would devalue the competition more than a 4th place team getting to the final in the first place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users