• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 07:43 PM

I noticed a thread on here a week or so ago, ref Eibach springs. Eibach came over to see us today, and I had a good chat regarding these. Apparently a lot of time went into the design to make sure the handling is improved, not adversely affected. Eibach design OE Lotus springs, so seem like the obvious choice for a performance option. The VX is factory fitted with good quality dampers, so for fast road or occasional track use, these should be ideal. I should hopefully have a set on my own car very shortly, so should be able to give my opinion on these. Eibach are the most respected spring manufacturer about, so I'm hoping for good these. Watch this space for feedback! Pete

#2 Dave T-S

Dave T-S

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:23 PM

Pete Absolutely no doubt that Eibach are top kit (F1, etc) but be careful.......Mike Wood at Prodrive has been tearing his hair out with Eibach trying to get the right spec springs for the Impreza STi Type UK for about nine months now, and Eibach keep delivering the wrong spec........

#3 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:55 AM

The Eibach springs have been around a while for the VX, and sold quite well in Germany apparently, just not in the UK. I appreciate what you said, and might well end up putting the standard springs back on, but it's the only way to really find out how they are. I certainly trust Eibach more than the other VX suspension offerings.

#4 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:07 AM

I also notice that these springs lower the car by 20mm-30mm. Do you know if this is likeky to affect shock absorber performance due to reduced stroke etc. Look forward to your review after fitting them since i have been considering this option for a few weeks now Paul

#5 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 09:17 AM

Eibach springs are all designed to work with standard dampers - this is one thing that sets them apart from most other springs. As a rule, a drop of less than 30mm is absolutely fine on standard dampers, it's really when dropping a car very low - ie 50/60mm that shortened dampers are required.

#6 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 07:05 PM

I should hopefully have a set on my own car very shortly, so should be able to give my opinion on these. Eibach are the most respected spring manufacturer about, so I'm hoping for good these.

Watch this space for feedback!

Pete

Have you fitted them yet??

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users