Photo

Got A Bit Lost Today In The Brecons

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:30 PM

What was suposed to be a little drive back from Hereford turned into a very long drive home, Via Swansea :blink: But the vx was calling for the wisty roads thumbsup , here are a couple of pics taken with the phone at dusk

Attached Files

Edited by JamesGray, 26 June 2005 - 10:31 PM.

#2 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:32 PM

:D Look at those roads!

Attached Files

#3 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:33 PM

;)

Attached Files

Edited by JamesGray, 27 June 2005 - 10:49 AM.

#4 caleebra

caleebra

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:41 PM

B) Good to see you posting pictures of your very own VX :D I remember that "new" feeling with fondness :) I was too busy grazing my knuckles to be out enjoying a drive like that... next weekend though :D

#5 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

a mere 350 miles today, I think it might need a rest over the next couple of days, and a clean (which i still haven't got round too yet) :rolleyes:

#6 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:28 PM

top car JG, great roads too. good to see you have your very own thumbsup

#7 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:05 AM

;) my favourate thing that, getting lost :rolleyes: ..well, not exactly 'lost' (cuz it's an island like) more, not anywhere 'planned' ;) just head in the general direction of somewhere with good roads :unsure: and see if you can get the open twisties to join-up ;) ..you can stumble across some great back-roads that way.. :unsure: i don't like to be thinking of which left/right turn to take or if it's the right direction even.. ;) the less interference the better rallly

#8 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

This is a bit sad..... but i know that road its from Cefn crew (Brecon beacons) to Hirwaun :) ....Am i right :unsure: If you were in swansea mate ya should of popped in for a beer :drink: thumbsup

Edited by R1CHY, 27 June 2005 - 04:06 PM.

#9 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:50 PM

Richy, um i don't know which road it is. I'll try and explain tho: As you come from Brecon back to Mertyr Tidvil (sp??) Over the hill, just after the top reservoir there is a right hand turn to Caslte Neath or something, Anyway i thought that it would be a good idea to go that way to get back to bridgend, but it wasn't. That is a truly great road, but i had a couple of moments with suicidal sheep :blink: , big scares. thumbsdown great drive all in all thumbsup James

#10 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

Am i right in saying weve driven that one R1CHY, Ad172 ??

#11 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Nice to hear you are enjoying yourself in the VX thumbsup Could you send some of those roads to Bedfordshire please :rolleyes: Oh and nice to see the avatar has changed at last although thumbsup the piccie is a little dark.

#12 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:24 PM

Ianrm, i'll try and get some better pics tomorrow after cleaning, although i think i have a slow puncture, so will have to get that fixed first. It's not all plain sailling this vx ownership lark is it? But the car is so great, we are getting along just fine. :D until the next thing happens. :rolleyes: :P

Edited by JamesGray, 27 June 2005 - 08:26 PM.

#13 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:28 PM

Am i right in saying weve driven that one R1CHY, Ad172 ??

Yep thumbsup thats the road we've been on Imnotworthy

#14 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:41 PM

You really wouldn't want to get it wrong and go off the edge, That thought always slows me down a little. :o

#15 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:22 PM

You really wouldn't want to get it wrong and go off the edge, That thought always slows me down a little. :o

Matt J and I were pretty much on the Limit going through it on last Wales run thumbsup.......... :jump: (so was Adam) rallly

The sheep are mental over there, and often commit suicide on the front of your car :( so be carefull ;)

#16 x-isle

x-isle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:Racing in the Mighty Minis Racing Championship (currently having a year out).

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

Tooooooooooop road......................! thumbsup You are right about the sheep though!

#17 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Driving

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:55 AM

Matt J and I were pretty much on the Limit going through it on last Wales run thumbsup.......... :jump: (so was Adam) rallly

The sheep are mental over there, and often commit suicide on the front of your car :( so be carefull ;)

You fellas were gone. Fair play to R1CHY for keeping up with BuzzLight Year in his CS2.

I do think that local knowledge had a bit to play with it though!! :P

#18 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:18 PM

You fellas were gone. Fair play to R1CHY for keeping up with BuzzLight Year in his CS2.

I do think that local knowledge had a bit to play with it though!! :P

:o

Local knowledge :lol: dont make excuses Adam :poke: .......... :P

It all down to beingPosted Imageand not touching the brakes ;)

#19 JJEuropa

JJEuropa

• PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:I've got a Sports Boat and enjoy using that. Have also joined the Cornwall Sports Car Club which is great as we have a good mix of cars and people and the social side is good.<br><br>Also enjoy Australian wine and eating out.

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:22 PM

The last pic should be in the short list for the 2006 Calendar. Fantastic roads and not a Gatso in sight, amazing!! JJ

#20 super fandango

super fandango

• Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:52 PM

If I remember rightly, I was behind on that road - just checking out the competition. Had my geo set up at Plans - so it's proper quick now, although my baby is spending time at my local dealer at the moment - got some nasty fluid leaking form the gearbox area :angry: Looking forward to karting tho.... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users