Sport Camshafts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 15 July 2003 - 10:06 AM

this company sells high-quality camshafts for the speedy....
yum, tempting.... :P B)

http://www.drschrick...glish/index.php

#2 ddpunter

ddpunter

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:33 AM

any info yet mate? how much £, how much bhp/lb ft, then a remap i guess? cheers d

#3 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 15 July 2003 - 12:28 PM

mmmmmm..... I was reading on the german forum....quite discordant opinions on camshafts.... few guys installed different brands, and acheved NOTHING, even loss power!! :o :( that reminded me too much some old, nightmarish chiptuning experience..... :sick:

#4 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Staying afloat!

Posted 18 July 2003 - 10:24 AM

Courtenay are now offering camshafts :D And a modified head :D :D

#5 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 10:31 AM

I was chatting to a big Opel tuner in Germany the other day, and they've held off bringing out 2.2 cams because nobody has yet managed to get it quite right. Schrick haven't yet got proof of power increases, which doesn't fill you with confidence.

#6 ddpunter

ddpunter

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:47 PM

http://www.kempower.be/news.htm#OPEL

After serious testing we have now developed good cams for the Z22SE engine. The only problem is that we have take the cylinder head off to machine it, to allow bigger valve springs, if we want to use our new cams with 12,00 mm lift. This makes it more expensive, but only the cams combined with a direct filter gives us a gain of 19hp. More soon

cheers
d

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users