Photo

Aftermarket Zorst That Looks Like Stock?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Interests:Laughing, Helping my kids grow up, Travelling, Being pompous about the death of pop music as a relevant cultural medium, Driving my brilliant little car, Being middle aged and waiting for death, Enjoying the privilege of travelling the world

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:19 PM

Is there an aftermarket zorst that retains the look of the rear silencers? I really like them and really don't like some of the 'metal vagina' and 'heating duct' tailpipes I've seen on some modded VXs. :D At 4k miles I'm close to getting me some "emotional tuning" on my VX I reckon !

#2 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:22 PM

I think the Milltek one looks quite standard? Is this Mr. Purebob admitting the VX isn't quite perfect?! ;) :D

Edited by Jim_Cross, 17 July 2003 - 01:23 PM.

#3 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Interests:Laughing, Helping my kids grow up, Travelling, Being pompous about the death of pop music as a relevant cultural medium, Driving my brilliant little car, Being middle aged and waiting for death, Enjoying the privilege of travelling the world

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:35 PM

Never said it was perfect Jim, just that standard did me just fine ! [smile] Now I've had to buy a 3rd car anyway I don't need to have such an inoffensive exhaust note on the VX as I won't get chance to become bored with a noisy exhaust in everyday use. Hell, I might even tune it soon now its just a toy ! [smile]

#4 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:46 PM

Miltek one does look pretty standard.

#5 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 17 July 2003 - 02:04 PM

This is the Milltek on my Rabi Red VX

Posted Image

#6 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 02:06 PM

oo that doesn't look bad at all ! I'll search the forum for prices etc. Thanks ! :D

Edited by Purebob, 17 July 2003 - 02:06 PM.

#7 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 02:33 PM

oo that doesn't look bad at all ! I'll search the forum for prices etc. Thanks ! :D

I don't think the prices have been published yet (see some other thread today). Couple of days I think.

#8 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 17 July 2003 - 02:43 PM

If you are thinking about spending a few hundred quid, I'd hope its better than 'not too bad'

#9 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 05:14 PM

I once ran a Sunbeam Lotus with a tuned Ti lump in it RS1800 running DCOE webers and a Janspeed intake/zorst. It was very fast and very loud but the boom of the exhaust really got on my tits as I had to run the car as my daily ride. Ever since I've tried to make sure that my cars were as civilised as possible within the limits of the cars ' attributes hence keeping the VX standard. However, my situation has dictated tha I need not run the VX as my daily driver so I am considering playing with it a bit. I wouldn't mind a bit of 'emotional tuning' i.e. a bit of throb and grumble in teh exhaiust even without extra power. However I really like the look of the standard tailpipes, so the regal ones I've seen and teh one Andy172 has fitted don't do it for me. Also the black of the vauxhall sports exhaust doesn't appeal much either. Fussy? Yeah prolly. I wouldn't cry if I kept the car standard though TBH. :) Theres an easy/value path to tuning our 200SX which I might follow first. I dunno. cheers for input tho' great stuff ! :D

#10 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 17 July 2003 - 05:46 PM

the precat removal def. made the car sound deeper and it introduced a bit of burble and popping when warm :) NEXT!?? :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users