2.2 Turbo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ddpunter

ddpunter

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 07:34 PM

Quot taken from threads reads "One of the chief designers from Vaux/Lotus...... ..........came into my work today. To cut a VERY long story short... *The New corsa GSi will feature a 202bhp 2.0 16v turbo power plant *Vaux have developed the 2.2 16v Turbo. he couldnt tell me performance figures but well over 250bhp in their vx220 test car. This guy didnt seem to be lying at all.....and the foto's we were developing at work for him definately seemed to back up the fact he worked there etc This guy has been comin into my brance for years and definately isnt some1 to make stuff up....... well this guy was goin on bout how the current 2.0 turbo isnt a fully alu block, but coz the 2.2 is, when slapped into the vx220 its gonna be enormasly fast. (due to even less wieght) He drives a vx220 turbo and his a wife an Elise......he had great pics of them 2 racing, up which looked to be some kinda Lotus test track thing...." anyone out there care to comment, or is someone out there taking the pee? cheers d

#2 Steve Crisp

Steve Crisp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • Interests:VX220's...

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:45 PM

My gut feel is that there's something just over the horizon for us NA drivers that'll turn our already EXCELLENT engine into something more fantastic. The supercharger kit comes to mind. It might be another year but it's coming...

#3 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 18 July 2003 - 10:01 PM

supecharger is right there in switzerland...at swiss prices tho'.... :( :(

#4 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 18 July 2003 - 10:05 PM

*The New corsa GSi will feature a 202bhp 2.0 16v turbo power plant

*Vaux have developed the 2.2 16v Turbo. he couldnt tell me performance figures but well over 250bhp in their vx220 test car.

yeah,
I wonder when blokes will give up using horsepower to make up for their lack of manlihood ..... :rolleyes: :groupjump:

#5 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 19 July 2003 - 12:56 AM

supecharger is right there in switzerland...at swiss prices tho'.... :( :(

I don't think the swiss prices are that much worse than elsewhere actually.

Will report back as soon as possible in August when I've test-driven it.

B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users