11 replies to this topic

#1 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:21 PM

I purchased the TIS cd off ebay and it has arrived... My question is, apart from take up 2 gig of hard disk space, what the feck is it supposed to do?? :o I was under the impression i would see images of wiring diagrams, bits of the car, pics of all the screws etc. And iit says i need a dongle too :beat: Or have i done my dosh? :(

#2 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:32 PM

I have this too. Most of it is useless unless you have the interface for your car. You will also notice that it is a very nasty bit of software to use. It took me ages to find where the service information in it. The best stuff you will get off it are: 1. service information and schedules 2. Information on most common (and a fair few uncommon) maintenance operations (you just need to look for them) 3. Technical updates and field remedies (the things that go wrong on a regular basis) I haven't found any wiring diagrams but I'll look for them now and see if they are there. Don't forget that all information about every recent opel and vauxhall is on it so its bound to take up a bit of space.

#3 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 23 July 2003 - 02:37 PM

No wiring diagrams. They are all in a folder, apparently.

#4 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 03:12 PM

ah, getting used to it now! Thanks Jim - just found a useful bit of info - fuel tank is 39.8 litres! :o

#5 Marco Polo

Marco Polo

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Cars and tracks :-)
    Roller skating in Paris
    Diving
    Wife and kids

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:25 PM

Imnotworthy Please Imnotworthy Can I have a copy of this CD... :) ...I live in France... ;) Or better, can you share it on a FTP server ?

#6 Chuck

Chuck

• PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Home Entertainment, Computing

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:27 PM

What version of TIS have u? I run 2000, stacks of info on VX.

#7 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 07:51 AM

Imnotworthy Please Imnotworthy

Can I have a copy of this CD... :)

Bollocks, sorry squire I said I would send this out to you. I'll copy it today and get it in the post.

Sorry about the delay. Been a bit hectic round here.

#8 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 09:28 AM

What version of TIS have u?

I run 2000, stacks of info on VX.

perhaps i'm looking in the wrong place??

Say for instance, i wanted to take the door apart to check for rattles?? IS there a exploded view of the door?

Oh and given the thread on zorst crumple zones, i was looking at some pics of the front crumple zones and the rear subframe - Didnt seem to be anything about rear crumple zone or it being incorperated into the OEM zorst...

Edited by cheeky_chops, 24 July 2003 - 09:31 AM.

#9 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 09:46 AM

As far as I can find the Tech CD is short on diagrams and those that are there aren't too good. You need to get a copy of the parts list from MJFuller for that sort of stuff.

#10 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 10:11 AM

cheers guys

#11 Marco Polo

Marco Polo

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Cars and tracks :-)
    Roller skating in Paris
    Diving
    Wife and kids

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:40 PM

MJFuller did a great job and his Spare Part List is wonderful... But the other day I went to the Opel dealer near my place to order a few parts. His software was giving different exploded views with more parts and sometimes different part number. I guess some update has been done or the Opel one is different from the Vauxhall one... Anyway, the Spare Part List is still of a great use. :)

#12 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 04:13 PM

Vauxhall dealers have the same system, with exploded diagrams etc - but I'm pretty sure it's not part of TIS. Maybe we can get Turboman to do a clandestine raid on the Parts department at Crownhill... Then again, let me buy my car from him before we get him sacked :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users