• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 04:20 PM

I've just picked B4 up from having the new brakes fitted. They're going to take some time to bed in, and the brakes have gone from pretty good (factory) to shite. A few days of bedding in and I'm hoping for good things though :) Here's a pic of the fronts....

Attached Files

#2 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 04:27 PM

Oh and yes I know the wheels need cleaning....

#3 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Posted 05 August 2003 - 04:32 PM

I bet they.. "look cool as F.U.K poking through the spokes of your rims" ;)

#4 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 04:40 PM

Only if you are wearing a puffa jacket and baseball cap though.

#5 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:55 PM

mmmmm...just not my kind of style....they remind me of a daisy.... :P

#6 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 08:19 PM

take the wheel off and hey presto wood cutter for the winter fires :D look good though any chance of picture from distance to see what looks like?

#7 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts
  • Interests:Putting the world to rights on forums and teaching people how to drive properly

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:10 PM

look good though any chance of picture from distance to see what looks like?

Surely it matters not one bit what they "look" like, who on earth would buy some replacement discs purely on the basis of what they looked like ?

:rolleyes:

#8 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:40 PM

Surely it matters not one bit what they "look" like, who on earth would buy some replacement discs purely on the basis of what they looked like ?

:rolleyes:

Too true. But could you take them seriously? No offence meant but they would have to be the best brakes discs in the world for me to buy them.

#9 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:42 PM

Too true. But could you take them seriously? No offence meant but they would have to be the best brakes discs in the world for me to buy them.

But if there were the best brake discs in the world I would buy them!
;)

#10 ShinyAndy

ShinyAndy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:44 PM

No offence meant but they would have to be the best brakes discs in the world for me to buy them.

Likewise :D

I'll be interested to see how he gets on as I've only heard bad reports from the few people that I've heard of that have fitted them (admittedly not on a vx though)

#11 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

I'll be posting my honest findings on here. I know that Blueflame who manufacture these discs have spent a lot of time and money in the development, and have plenty of satisfied customers. As for the way they look - they certainly are different. I personally like them as they are different from any other car discs, but I can see why some people think they're grim!

#12 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 06:34 AM

[QUOTE]Surely it matters not one bit what they "look" like, who on earth would buy some replacement discs purely on the basis of what they looked like ?

true but think you find a lot of drilled disks/big brake kits are put on cars just because they are drilled and look good (this i think is case with maxpower heads!since when has a 1ltr corsa needed drilled disks!)

#13 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 07:49 AM

[quote name='robin' date='Aug 6 2003, 07:34 '] [QUOTE]true but think you find a lot of drilled disks/big brake kits are put on cars just because they are drilled and look good (this i think is case with maxpower heads!since when has a 1ltr corsa needed drilled disks!) [/quote]
Umm probably more so.

The Corsa as standard has small solid discs which fade very very quickly. This car would benefit from a disc upgrade more than most. Also bear in mind that if a car only has 54bhp, acceleration is apalling so late braking is one option to try to get around a bit quicker.

At least the VX's brakes are pretty well specced for factory.

#14 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:09 AM

take the wheel off and hey presto wood cutter for the winter fires :D
look good though any chance of picture from distance to see what looks like?

Wouldn't look out of place chopping up the meats down the local deli ;)

#15 SSH1

SSH1

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:59 AM

Do you know if there is any difference in weight between these & the standard disc, might help reduce unspring weight??

#16 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:42 AM

Do you know if there is any difference in weight between these & the standard disc, might help reduce unspring weight??

finally a good question!! :P :P
stock rotors are 7,4kg each.... what about the daisy? :D

funny-looking as they can be, if they are at least 500 grams less, I might get a pair.... B)

#17 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:14 AM

They are indeed lighter. On an Audi TT (312mm) the weight saving is 1.36kg for the pair, so a 288mm VX disc is more than 500g lighter per disc I'm sure.

#18 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:17 AM

They are indeed lighter. On an Audi TT (312mm) the weight saving is 1.36kg for the pair, so a 288mm VX disc is more than 500g lighter per disc I'm sure.

B)
homework: put one on a scale and verify... ;) :lol:

cheers

#19 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:18 AM

If you'd have asked me before they were fitted then I'd have gladly done it, it's a bit late now!

#20 SSH1

SSH1

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:34 AM

Tsk Tsk!!!! You should know by now that we are all obsessed by weight! I have to save as much as possible to make up for the fat git behind the steering wheel. God forbid going on a diet or something. Seriously Ricky do you think a saving of 500g or so per wheel will make any difference to the car? Regards Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users