• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:37 PM

FYI the clips that inevitably break are 30p each from Vauxhall.

Edited by p4cks, 20 October 2007 - 01:37 PM.

#22 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:29 PM

Yep, used the force method on the second door :) Shame about the velcro, the new ones will be carbon fibre and I'm not sure it has enough flex to be pulled off in that way?

#23 Sambo1

Sambo1

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

Next twist off the handle guard.
Posted Image

The door cards are held in place by six plastic clips as shown, but remember these door
cards can crack really easy if forced off.
Posted Image

If nothing has broken you should be left with these pieces.
Posted Image

I have decided to cover the door cards at a later date and i have put the black panels back on
so i can still use the car, I am also planning to stick the door cards back on with Velcro and
not re-using the six plastic clips.
Posted Image

Posted Image

As far as adjusting the windows I'll leave that to someone else to explain

Thought i would repost this as its a great guide and the pictures dont show on the first post. Guessing because there is a limit on how many pictures you can post in one thread.

Sam

#24 dannynewport

dannynewport

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:Cars obviously. Train in MMA/Japanese Jiu Jitsu (More traditional style of BJJ), previously Karate, Ninjitsu & Krav Maga.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

Ive been here about an hour trying to refit the door panels now,everything fine but I STILL CANT put the 2 push in screws in the handle guard part!!! Everything will be fine once I get these in...is there a certian way????

#25 Retset

Retset

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

Make sure the screw part is out of the plug part. Push in plug part. Push in screw part.

#26 dannynewport

dannynewport

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Interests:Cars obviously. Train in MMA/Japanese Jiu Jitsu (More traditional style of BJJ), previously Karate, Ninjitsu & Krav Maga.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Make sure the screw part is out of the plug part. Push in plug part. Push in screw part.

Thanks but I know how they work but once you slot the panel and the guard together you close the gap which doesent allow you to put in the plug OR the screw!!! rant lol
If you fit the guard first then you cant slot the guard on to the panel. Thanks for your help though. chinky chinky
This is the fu**ing most bas**rd cun**ng pathetic set up Ive ever seen!!! My hands are scraped to fu*k and ive ended up putting it all back together without the 2 screws,Ive also broke the retaining tab off the front part of the guard so gotta buy a new one now,I might as well buy 2 carbon VXR ones but gotta find out the KNACK to fitting them first so hopefully someone can help me here.
Cheers,
Danny

#27 Retset

Retset

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

In some way, yours must be different to mine then as it was the easiest of all the stages I went through - literally under 20 seconds to pop over handle, rotate, align and pop in the fittings. Sorry I cannot help further :(

#28 Paulus H

Paulus H

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Interests:I really appreciate my car. I have piled on 100,000 miles in 8 years of ownership. I still love every day I get in it

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

Good move. This is generally a good forum where users try to help each other. Just like this example. I witnessed the same procedure when the guys at Pure Lotus fitted the Hard Top to my NA - it's good to have a reminder though!! Whats been bugging me for a while though is the amount of space the standard door trim wastes. Looking at the posted photo's makes me even more curious. Has anyone fabricated a simple door card that dumps all of this useless trim material????

#29 dannynewport

dannynewport

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:20 AM

In some way, yours must be different to mine then as it was the easiest of all the stages I went through - literally under 20 seconds to pop over handle, rotate, align and pop in the fittings. Sorry I cannot help further :(

Yeah,I can fit the guard in 20 secs like you said but once I fit the guard I cant get the panel to slot around it.
Cheers anyway mate.
Ive just fitted it now without putting the 2 screws in.
I'll try to do it when I get new carbon ones.

#30 Retset

Retset

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:42 AM

I will add that I have put the main panels back with heavy duty velcro, maybe that makes the difference? I glue it in place with a good contact adhesive. Otherwise I find the velcro is stronger than it's own glue and rips off when you want to take a panel off! I also use it on dash plates, the big fat door pads and number plates.

#31 Dikki_Marsh

Dikki_Marsh

• 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

AMzing this is really guna help, guna some how try and get some leather upholstered in there, hope it works! thanks!

#32 andy bid

andy bid

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

[quote name='stormtrooper' timestamp='1162158743' post='520021']
Posted Image

Hi am just attempting to adjust my window, am just at the point of removing the allen key bolt from the centre of the window winder. Can anyone tell me, is it normal that when i try and unscrew it, it winds the window down, so i can't undo it until the window is fully down? Feels a bit tight so thought i'd ask...don't want to break anything! :blink:
Cheers! And good guide!

#33 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

Yep normal. thumbsup

#34 andy bid

andy bid

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

Yep normal. thumbsup

Cheers! chinky chinky

#35 Ouchie

Ouchie

Monkey no mates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

Reattch the winder with 2 screws, leave out the centre cover, then you can undo the centre screw. Simple.

#36 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

You can now start to remove the large panel from the several plastic clips that hold it
to the door, start from the back and work forward without breaking the foam panel.

You will need to get behind the panel and pull out the two plastic screws that hold the handle guard in place.
Posted Image

Thanks for the great guide has really helped but I'm kind of stuck on this bit. I've got the large trim off down to the door handle guard. However it doesn't have the 2 plastic screws, instead there is a big fat metal screw. Cannot see how I can fit my (fairly) thin hands plus a screw driver behind to get it undone. Is there something I'm missing here? I've been fairly gentle so far as I didnt want to break anything although now putting it back it seems one of the black clips along the top in the middle isn't catching so the trim is no longer sitting flush Posted Image

It's going to need a trip to courtney's soon for some work so I can always ask them to get it off and get the windows to fit better to the roof but I'd prefer to do it myself if I can.

#37 Duncan_F

Duncan_F

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

This is an excellent idiots guide. I know this because I've just followed it, and I'm an idiot.

#38 wowzer

wowzer

• Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:TAMIYA CARS AND SPENDING HOURS IN THE GARAGE DOING POINTLESS THINGS TO MY CAR WHICH ONLY I NOTICE

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

Great guide I wish I had this 3 weeks ago when I was yanking the door cards off

#39 Duncan_F

Duncan_F

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

Yep, I needed to adjust my windows (there's another excellent guide for that too), but that guide starts with the door cards being off so I searched and found this one.

It's great that people take the time to make guides like this so that it makes it a little bit easier for imbeciles like me.

#40 Andydavy

Andydavy

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:44 PM

Can this thread be resurrected as links to photos etc no longer work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users