• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#21 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

Awww :grouphug: no problem our-kid. Just glad it was a false alert. I guess with all that you are trying to arrange at the moment that something has to give ;) Congratulations on your coming marriage and i hope it's a great day for you both :grouphug:

#22 johnaachen

johnaachen

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Interests:Karting, F1, golf, tennis, binge drinking, giving up smoking

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:42 PM

I can't thank everyone enough for your support.

I'm not angry anymore, I'm now toally relieved and embarrassed at the same time.

I went to the police earlier and was filling in their crime report.

1st question was what time did i put the car in the garage. I initially said 3:00pm but then I thought - no - I was buying the wedding rings around then so I said 2:00pm. Then my girl friend said "no, because I met her at the tennis club before going to shopping, but we got home around 6:00pm.

Then it finally dawned on me. I met Gemma at the tennis club and used her car to save parking 2 cars.

Yep, after spending 2 hours in the jewery store and needing to rush home to got out to dinner, I had driven home in Gem's car.

I went up to the tennis club and there she was, exactly where I left her.

Can you actually imagine how much of an idiot I feel! I had told a fewof people of the "car being stolen" earlier, so I sheepishly phoned them to tell them the news.

Funnily enough, they all took the p*ss.

I've a bad memory (never this bad before) but for both of us not to realise? I think the honeymoney can't come quick enough for both of us.

I now await your comments. I certainly deserve it! I don't think :beat: is strong enough!

Just cos the car is where you left it doesnt mean that it wasnt stolen and put back where they found it :lol:

#23 Angelplayz

Angelplayz

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my wife to be, Angela & my 2 dogs Sammy & Daisy.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:45 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't worry about it mate. Your going through one of the most stressfull and time consuming times in your life things are bound to be forgoton. On the other hand.... :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: Alls well that ends well :D Dean

#24 vectraboyv6

vectraboyv6

• Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Train Driving, Hot tubbing, Beer

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:45 PM

OMG !!! :beat: And I thought I had a bad memory! Thank feck the cars alright tho :P

#25 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:Computer, automotive technics, electronics, MTB, Alpine ski, playing keyboard.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:46 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news, Paulr :( I did put this news on all European Speedster forums (the Belgian, the Dutch, the German and the Swiss forum) And I asked everyone to look out for it; and if they noted something suspicious in relation to your stolen car, to give you a call. Hopefully you get your VXT back undamaged asap :unsure:

#26 urbanmac

urbanmac

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:50 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news, Paulr :(
I did put this news on all European Speedster forums (the Belgian, the Dutch, the German and the Swiss forum) And I asked everyone to look out for it; and if they noted something suspicious in relation to your stolen car, to give you a call.
Hopefully you get your VXT back undamaged asap :unsure:

he has got it back, it never got stolen!

#27 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:Computer, automotive technics, electronics, MTB, Alpine ski, playing keyboard.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:04 PM

WHAT! Don't tell me I went through all that trouble for nothing :angry: What was it then? Yep, found the answer allready. But I didn't know this case developed so fast while I was typing all those messages on the different forums. Well, I'm glad it did turn allright. Now I have to tell all the others about it.

Edited by Pipo, 19 November 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#28 V2VXR

V2VXR

• PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Browsing Internet Forum Sites

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

:beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat: :beat:

:D

#29 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:28 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :o :o :o :o Funniest thing I have read for ages.....!!! I live not to far away and was reading thread thinking what could I do to help........ Doh! :beat:

#30 paulr

paulr

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:36 PM

WHAT!
Don't tell me I went through all that trouble for nothing :angry:

What was it then?

Yep, found the answer allready. But I didn't know this case developed so fast while I was typing all those messages on the different forums. Well, I'm glad it did turn allright. Now I have to tell all the others about it.

After realising my feck-up, I thought about keeping quiet at first, but it didn't matter how much of a plum I felt, knowing the support we get on this forum I had to tell everyone!

Actually, I think the comments I had since have been pretty subdued. Looking back at todays events, I just can't believe what happened.

#31 salopian

salopian

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:42 PM

Releaved for you mate :rolleyes: But this reminds me a guy I met about 3 years ago when I was on my first Palmersport day free with my NA. He didn't have his vx with him but told a story of how he & his mrs woke up one morning to find both his new vx & his mazda 6 gone. Thieves had broken into the house, taken the keys, unlocked the garage & must have pushed both cars out & down the drive. The 6 was found a mile away totalled on a bad bend in the village but there was no sign of the vx. Eventually his insurance paid out bot never any sign of his vx. :o The local Devon plod had a theory it was on a list & on its way to Japan, as they're RH drive. I was always sceptical about this. But VXT had only been out 6 months , so maybe ? ;)

#32 jimmymac

jimmymac

• 346 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:51 PM

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on vx220.org, you just made my sunday, I have tears rolling down my face from completely p*ssing myself :lol: :lol: :lol: chinky chinky very pleased for you

Edited by jimmymac, 19 November 2006 - 09:52 PM.

#33 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 09:53 PM

Glad it's been found :rolleyes: I sometimes loose mine in Sainsburys and wander up and down the car park for ages before I find it. :wacko: Don't forget to turn up for the wedding! :D

#34 ElizP987

ElizP987

• 4,037 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:36 PM

numpty :rolleyes: :beat: :saw: :lol: :P

#35 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:48 PM

:beat: :lol: thumbsup

#36 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:57 PM

LEFT EAR.... :tumble: ....RIGHT EAR ;)

#37 JawZ

JawZ

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, 3D/2D Gfx, Web design, Sportscars, Electronic Music.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:17 PM

This is one weird story :borg: Good thing it wasn't stolen for real :P

#38 tangerine_sedge

tangerine_sedge

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:sex and drugs and rock'n'roll. Unfortunately with no sex or drugs, and very little rock'n'roll...

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:27 PM

I can't thank everyone enough for your support.

I now await your comments. I certainly deserve it! I don't think :beat: is strong enough!

You Plonker. :beat: Glad it's safe, but I do wonder if you'll make it to the right church on time....... :huh:

#39 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:20 AM

:lol: From a sad thread to one of the funniest threads to date :lol:

May i suggest this to help your memory :-

Posted Image

thumbsup

Jas

#40 M3 BFG

M3 BFG

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:VX's
    Pinball
    Retro Arcade

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:25 AM

:D I think we need to make this one a sticky topic to preserve embarassment for eternity :P :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users