Urgent - Coolant Light

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thecolonel

thecolonel

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:00 PM

Help... My coolant light came on on the first freezing morning since I got the VX NA 3 months ago. Topped up the tank to the centre seam and still on as the handbook advises. So topped up further and its now above the centre seam but the coolant light is still on. Anyone else had this problem? Am I still ok to be driving it? The VX dealer in Harrogate never answers the phone. Cheers

#2 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:07 PM

Chances are the low coolant threw up an fault code on the ECU but isn't bright enough to reset. I'd take it down to the any dealer and ask them to plug a Tech2 (engine diagnostic unit - looks a bit like a Star Trek Tricorder but you don't get Leutenant Uhara in her short skirt). :P The Tech2 should show the error code, they can then re-set that and set you on your way. If the engine light comes on again then its something else.

#3 thecolonel

thecolonel

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:09 PM

Can any Vauxhall dealer do it? There's a Vauxhall dealer 2 miles away but as stupidly Leeds doesn't have a VX franchise the nearest is Harrogate a 50 mile round trip. cheers for the quick advice.

#4 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:19 PM

Depends on the dealer, if they're being sticklers for the rules they'll say they don't have the keycodes to check a VX if they're not a VX dealer, however its the same ECU as on the Astra/Zafira so the cooling system error codes could be checked under same system. All depneds on the dealer and what kind of mood he's in I guess. Its probably worth a 2 mile drive though as a smile and a pleading face might go further than a cold phonecall?

#5 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:32 PM

if you're a handyman, just disconnect the battery for 5 mins..... it should reset itself and you save a trip to the dealer (never a fun event other than delivery day... :P ....and paying visit to turboman of course... :rolleyes: :lol: )

#6 thecolonel

thecolonel

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 October 2003 - 12:46 PM

Think I'll try the 2 mile drive rather than the battery...i'll lose the settings the the VDO stereo and thats even more problems trying to reprogramme that crap stereo

#7 DJG

DJG

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 10:51 AM

Had a problem with the coolent level light, main beam light and indicator light staying on. Stack instruments were faulty and whole unit had to be replaced under warranty. Hopefully it's not that.

#8 ddpunter

ddpunter

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 05:29 PM

check it out y'self mate

http://www.gendandir...roduct=CREADOBD
:rolleyes:

d

#9 MajorGav

MajorGav

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:42 AM

Had the same problem on L1L VX... ...just don't take your VX to an Opel dealer in Calais :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users