• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

Well, I've decided to sell the VXR220.

Red VXR 220 Number 07 of 65. Pristine condition. Manufacturers warranty to June 07.
11k miles, serviced a couple of weeks ago. 6 months tax.

Stunning car in lovely condition. Only 65 made. All documents including original build certificate.

Upgrades for the VXR over a standard VXT include

220bhp Engine (0 - 60 in 4.2 secs)
Uprated brakes and ABS
Uprated suspension (same as an Exige S2)
Lightweight Speedline Corse wheels
Uprated seats and interior trim (also from the exige S2)

I'm looking for £19750 ono. A fantastic car for the upcomming spring/summer :-)

Here are some pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The cracked number plate has been replaced with a smaller one :-)

#2 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:57 AM

Hehe, plenty of time for paying mortgages, live fast, die young I say :-)

#3 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:47 AM

Now on Pistonheads

http://www.pistonhea...ales/134594.htm

Thanks for looking.

#4 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:18 PM

bump for the weekend :-)

#5 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

*bump* I've just realised that I have not mentioned in the 1st post. The VXR also has a stage 1 TMS tune. and price reduced to £19250. thumbsup Cheers

Edited by pure, 22 February 2007 - 11:24 PM.

#6 covert ops

covert ops

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:16 AM

Pure!! Please stop tempting me with this car :beat: If only I hadn't taken on my latest commitment I'd be there. Hope the sale goes well but really wish I was buying it. Good luck Andy chinky chinky MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR MY NEXT CAR WILL BE A VXR B) Sorry mate, a tad bit brainwashed recently. thumbsup Oh and very nice looking car by the way thumbsup Andy chinky chinky

#7 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:41 PM

Cheers Andy :-)

#8 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:29 AM

**BUMP**

#9 rob11

rob11

• 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:52 AM

lovely car....i'd buy it straight away but unfortunately the price would have to keep dropping!! :lol:

#10 boghouse

boghouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Interests:Anything fast or dangerous, motorsport, seeing the world....

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:28 AM

Me too :wub: How many of it's owners have been Vx220.org people?

#11 RichH

RichH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:38 AM

I've just realised that I have not mentioned in the 1st post. The VXR also has a stage 1 TMS tune.

How did you find that mod? worthwhile? I was thinking of getting a VXR stg1 remap (although probably from courtenays) but I wasn't sure of the difference it would make without changing the exhaust (at least removing the pre-cat).

#12 boghouse

boghouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Interests:Anything fast or dangerous, motorsport, seeing the world....

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:52 AM

Isn't the VXR already fitted with a Miltek from new? Or is it supplied with the VSE exhaust? Is even the standard VXR exhaust a restrictive system that needs changing to get the best out of the car?:

Edited by boghouse, 02 March 2007 - 01:55 AM.

#13 RichH

RichH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:55 AM

Isn't the VXR already fitted with a Miltek from new? Or is it supplied with the VSE exhaust?

Nope, standard turbo exhaust - same as VXT. The miltek (back box only) was an option.

VSE is for NA's only.

#14 CheesyPuff

CheesyPuff

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Dogging

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:53 AM

WooHoo Think I may have struck a deal on this one, kept seeing VXRs come up then snapped up so the daddy loan has come to the rescue. Will send deposit as soon as I have your details, any probs let me know as I had to let my dad do the talking as he had the cash :) just got to wait to go and get it now as we are a bit of a distance away. Cheers Darren....

#15 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:02 AM

I've just realised that I have not mentioned in the 1st post. The VXR also has a stage 1 TMS tune.

How did you find that mod? worthwhile? I was thinking of getting a VXR stg1 remap (although probably from courtenays) but I wasn't sure of the difference it would make without changing the exhaust (at least removing the pre-cat).

I would definately recommend it. It's a subtle difference, irons out a flat spot at about 4200rpm and pulls like a steam train throughout the rev range. Plus, it's a free upgrade to Stage 2 when you buy a miltek :jump:

WooHoo

Think I may have struck a deal on this one, kept seeing VXRs come up then snapped up so the daddy loan has come to the rescue.

Will send deposit as soon as I have your details, any probs let me know as I had to let my dad do the talking as he had the cash :)

just got to wait to go and get it now as we are a bit of a distance away.

Cheers
Darren....

Hi Darren, been speaking to your dad tonight for quite a while, extreemly nice chap, look forward to seeing you both soon.

Car sold subject to viewing.

#16 RichH

RichH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:06 AM

Thanks. Did you get a before/after RR graph? The problem wit the TMS website ones are that the standard power/torque curve on the stage 1 graph looks competely different to the standard curve on the stg 2/3/4 graphs :unsure: All the other graphs seem to use the same standard curve though, but it make assessing the stg 1 change rather difficult.

#17 pure

pure

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:25 AM

Thanks. Did you get a before/after RR graph?

The problem wit the TMS website ones are that the standard power/torque curve on the stage 1 graph looks competely different to the standard curve on the stg 2/3/4 graphs :unsure: All the other graphs seem to use the same standard curve though, but it make assessing the stg 1 change rather difficult.

I did get a before and after, I think the difference was only about 20bhp addition, however I think there was around a 30-40bhp increase through the midrange which you can really feel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users