• Please log in to reply
334 replies to this topic

#1 mja182

mja182

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

Larini deal is as per previous group buy ie Normal retail = £547.90 inc vat & del 2-4 units = 10% discount £494.70 inc vat & del 5+ units = 15% discount £468.10 inc vat & del 15+ units = 20% discount £441.50 inc vat & del I did try to arrange a group buy with elise shop but the saving from dealing direct with larini who are in this country was simply not worth it. So pop your name down if your interested as i want to reach at least 5+ units to make it worth while over the elise shop price before i contact larini and confirm another group buy. 1.mja182 (n/a back box)

#2 bigp2

bigp2

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

As someone who didn't miss the first group buy, I can wholeheartedly recommend the Larini exhaust for those who want their vx to sound great. thumbsup Phil

#3 JayK

JayK

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:58 PM

is the a full system or backbox only? also is it for vxt? what are the power gains like?

#4 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:24 AM

Larini deal is as per previous group buy ie

Normal retail = £547.90 inc vat & del

2-4 units = 10% discount £494.70 inc vat & del

5+ units = 15% discount £468.10 inc vat & del

15+ units = 20% discount £441.50 inc vat & del

I did try to arrange a group buy with elise shop but the saving from dealing direct with larini who are in this country was simply not worth it.
So pop your name down if your interested as i want to reach at least 5+ units to make it worth while over the elise shop price before i contact larini and confirm another group buy.

1.mja182 (n/a back box)

Just read your replies to the other thread in the modifications section,count me in for a backbox vxt mate.By the way those prices from awesome for the miltek sections look rather tempting!

Edited by denno, 12 May 2007 - 12:28 AM.

#5 CheesyPuff

CheesyPuff

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Dogging

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:43 AM

Im in for a VXT Backbox if we get enough people. Darren.... :groupjump:

#6 mja182

mja182

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:22 AM

is the a full system or backbox only? also is it for vxt?
what are the power gains like?

The prices stated are for back box only mate. However you can order a full system if you so wish. I cant remember what the exact cost for a full system was but £1080 comes to mind after a 20% discount (15+ orders) so that will depend on interested numbers etc.
The group buy is open to both the n/a and the turbo systems.
Power gains seem to vary depending on what posts you read. However if its sound your after then there is only one choice and that being the larini. Remember larini make systems for ferrari, lamborghini etc so they are no back street outfit and have a reputation maintain.

#7 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:52 AM

is the a full system or backbox only? also is it for vxt?
what are the power gains like?

Remember larini make systems for ferrari, lamborghini etc so they are no back street outfit and have a reputation maintain.

I'll 2nd that,these exhausts sound sweet and now its been confirmed by other forum members that they will fit to the miltek front section so we can have the best of both worlds,extra performance of the miltek with the awesome sound of the larini to go with it!

#8 meo

meo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:cars bikes going out drinking

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:57 AM

I want the full system. im up for the group buy. thumbsup

#9 mja182

mja182

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

Well thats a possible 4 so far so, we are nearly at the 15% discount mark already. Come on guys you know this system makes sense. Although dave at larini had said another group buy is not a problem, im yet to contact them to get the ball rolling as i want numbers first to give to them. This should allow a few people extra time to beg borrow and steal (i dont condone really stealing :P ) some dosh to get one.

#10 pitstop

pitstop

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:f1 . extreme sports. music etc..

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

i dont understand, why dont you contact thorney he sells miltek systems.... :rolleyes: i have a full sytem for my vxt stage 2 .... thats the only way to go imo....

Edited by pitstop, 12 May 2007 - 04:16 PM.

#11 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:33 PM

thats the only way to go imo....

Why?

I could be interested depending on when it goes through, although I'm having difficulty justifying the extra cash over the piper

Edited by Winstar, 12 May 2007 - 04:36 PM.

#12 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:13 PM

I have an NA Stage 2+ from Thorney and I've only just ordered a Larini backbox yesterday. Keeping the Milltek for the performance but want the Larini for the sound. I previously had an NA with a VSE and I miss the growl.

#13 MadMoose

MadMoose

• PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:F1, cars, music (playing, producing, teaching or just listening), football, blah blah blah

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

I may be interested in a back box for VXT... Does anyone know how much it would cost to fit at Plans / Thorney? Also, at some point I'd like to stage 1 my VXT, and at a later point stage 2. is it worth me buying the back box now, and then doing the rest later? or will it cost me a lot more in the long run? Cheers Ant

#14 mja182

mja182

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

I may be interested in a back box for VXT...

Does anyone know how much it would cost to fit at Plans / Thorney?

Also, at some point I'd like to stage 1 my VXT, and at a later point stage 2. is it worth me buying the back box now, and then doing the rest later? or will it cost me a lot more in the long run?

Cheers
Ant

Id guess fitting at no more than £100 and i know of people who had it fitted for less, but it all depends on who you get to fit it i suppose. I know thorney said it was difficult to fit but then others who have had no problems.
Surely it makes more sense to purchase a back box as part of a group buy with a discount and then purchase the other items for your stage 2 at a later date, as and when your budget suits. :blink:

#15 2kracing

2kracing

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:Cars, graffiti, art, animation,racing

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:14 PM

I may be in for the backbox, but depends if I can get the cash together and when the actual buy date will be!

#16 mja182

mja182

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

I may be in for the backbox, but depends if I can get the cash together and when the actual buy date will be!

No problem mate i understand what your saying. This is the reason i have not yet contacted dave at larini to confirm the go ahead on anything. This gives time for people to get some cash together and hopefully allow more people to get in on the buy. I was a little short myself during the last group buy and therefore missed out as there was a deadline of around 3 weeks. My intention is to give everybody till the end of the month before i contact dave with exact numbers of people wanting to order.
I then expect there to be a 3 week deadline from that point to get the orders in, so it leaves plenty of time for people to get paid/sort money etc. thumbsup

#17 2kracing

2kracing

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

Thats cool, so could be around 6 weeks ish then, that sounds plenty of time to see if I can scrape the cash together. So do I take it that the Larini sounds as good/loud/the same as the VSE in the flesh? I was really after one of those but non around and that seems such a good price for the backbox, especially if we can get 15 orders! :) The sound clip on the clip thread sounds very ferrari esque, not as burbly as the VSE! Also what sort of warranty is there with the Larini, I assume it's stainless steel unlike the VSE?

#18 MIKE_VX

MIKE_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

I may be interested in a back box for VXT...

Does anyone know how much it would cost to fit at Plans / Thorney?

Also, at some point I'd like to stage 1 my VXT, and at a later point stage 2. is it worth me buying the back box now, and then doing the rest later? or will it cost me a lot more in the long run?

I think the only saving you'll get by going straight to Stage 2 is in the labour, especially if your current exhaust bolts and mountings are badly rusted (highly likely unless you've hardly driven it in the wet!)

Basically, to change the backbox you need to disconnect the mid section from the downpipe, and it's difficult to get those bolts undone without knackering the threads / shearing the bolts off in the downpipe, meaning that you need to spend a load on labour getting the downpipe drilled out and re-tapped to get the mid section back on.

As a minimum at one time it would make sense to get the backbox and a de-cat downpipe, and keep the original mid-section. That way the downpipe bolts can be hacked off and the new downpipe put on quickly, and re-asssembled with the original mid-section and new backbox.

Then, if it's all put together with stainless bolts and fixings, you can switch the mid-section easily later on when you've saved up / sold a child etc. to pay for it.

This is in my experience anyway, as I went to TMS to get the Larini backbox fitted, and I was warned that the downpipe bolts may be a sh*tter before the job was started.

Anyway, they turned out to be a sh*tter and sheared off, so I decided to get the downpipe changed. It then didn't take much persuasion to convince me to get a Milltek sports cat section at the same time to save on labour in the long run! :lol:

Then, as my Larini backbox was the first that had been sent out for fitting outside of the Larini workshop it wouldn't effing fit due to having the wrong brackets (this has subsequently been fixed BTW for all others sent out).

So after a load of chatting between me, JT and Dave at Larini I got a Milltek backbox too as the Larini wouldn't fit, and it would have cost a load more in labour/hassle to get the old backbox separated from the old mid-section and refitted so that I could drive the car whilst Larini sent out the adjusted brackets.

So in the end, the Larini went back for a refund and I've ended up with a Stage 2 with the Milltek. I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't get the Larini on, as they do sound great, but then again I love the sound of the Milltek, and the fact that you can drive it in such a way to get no noise out of it if you so wish, which sometimes I like, but then again most of the time I love accelerating through tunnels / past walls and listening to the machine gun like noise at full tilt :wub:

Hmm...just realised that's a somewhat pointlessly long post, that can be summed up as:

- You'll save on labour cost if you get the whole exhaust done at once, or at least aim to get the downpipe as well as the backbox

- Larini have sorted out the problem with their brackets on the backbox thumbsup

- I think if the backbox goes straight on with no faffing about with the downpipe it takes around 1 to 1.5 hours, so about £100 to fit, which was what I had in mind when I went in, but then it took all day (09:00 - 18:30) so you never know :lol:

- I'm delighted with my Milltek (but am a little disappointed the Larini didn't work out for me)

Edited to say if anyone fancies a Milltek backbox for about £350, they can have it and I'll be in on the Larini group buy! ;)

Edited by MIKE_VX, 12 May 2007 - 10:12 PM.

#19 2kracing

2kracing

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:16 PM

How much extra would the downpipe cost then? So if I got the backbox fitted at Thorney's they could supply the downpipe as well? Damn, it's incresing the costs!!!! Pushing it to afford the backbox as it is....... :(

#20 bandedo

bandedo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:29 PM

Put me down for a n/a backbox thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users