Hi Spec Brakes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 08:32 PM

Just got my car back from Sanspeed after have my new brakes fitted. Final Spec Hi Spec Billet 4 Calipers Hi Spec 325mm x 30mm Groved Disks Goodridge Hoses EBC Grey Stuff Pads front and rear The first thing you notice is the feel, is great, not at all snatchy like the standard brakes can be but very smooth, progressive and very powerful. The next thing you notice is the way they look, awesome and massive, they totally fill the wheels up. I don't know about the final cost including the fitting, pads and hoses, I am expecting it to be about a grand. Can't wait to try them at Hethel. Also have a few other mods done at the same time, BMC Cardon Airbox and another remap....246 BHP....yum yum. Next on the shopping list, exhaust, suspension and charge cooler, its going to be an expensive 2004. Gavin

#2 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 12:11 AM

EBC Grey Stuff Pads front and rear

Grey Stuff?

Funny how the car feels faster when you have better anchors isn't it?!

#3 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 06 December 2003 - 08:59 AM

EBC Grey Stuff Pads front and rear

Grey Stuff?

...color-blindness, you know...green, grey.... :groupjump:

Edited by Ricky2772, 06 December 2003 - 08:59 AM.

#4 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 01:02 PM

Sorry, Green Stuff Gavin

#5 barrybethel

barrybethel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 08:44 PM

Presumably so far you have just had the fronts done. Have you thought about fitting the o/e front calipers to the rear? Do the discs have alloy bells? Do they weigh more or less than standard? Sorry about all these questions......................

#6 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:10 PM

I've been wondering if that is possible... Using the OEM front callipers on the back. Whilst retaining the small one as a handbrake calliper...

#7 SSH1

SSH1

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 09:57 PM

Gavin Is that Sanspeed at Bexleyheath? If so did they do the remap for you, and how much do they charge? What do they do, is it a custom job whare they set everyones car up depending on the modifications they have had? And also how much and what do you think? I am thinking of getting mine remapped soon & Sanspeed are by far the closest I have heard about who offer anything. Regards Chris

#8 iandhd

iandhd

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:27 AM

I've been wondering if that is possible... Using the OEM front callipers on the back. Whilst retaining the small one as a handbrake calliper...

This is what the Sprint has got. (With four up front) After doing the passenger laps at Bruntingthorpe I can vouch for their power. Like the brakes on my mates Fireblade :o

#9 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:28 AM

Time for a look over the Sprint at Hethel then...

#10 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:49 PM

Chris Yes, it is Sanspeed in Bexleyheath. Talk to Graham at Sanspeed, he is the superchips guy, he will basically do a custom remap on each car using a base superchips file then modifiy that. The remapping was about £550 which included several runs on the rolling road, I have also had HKS Iridium Spark plugs and a BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox. Spark plugs are about £80 and the BMC is £240. Both are company VXT have had the same work done are both are putting out around 245 BHP with 260 lb ft of torque. If you what to talk more call me at work on 0207 732 7072 any night this week, I will be working til about 11pm every night. Gavin

#11 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 06:52 PM

Barry Yes they do have alloy bells, I dont know the weight, I will try and find out this week. With regard to rears Geoff at Hi Spec is working on a set up with handbrake, will know more in the new year. Gavin

#12 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 07:19 PM

Chris Yes, it is Sanspeed in Bexleyheath. Talk to Graham at Sanspeed, he is the superchips guy, he will basically do a custom remap on each car using a base superchips file then modifiy that. The remapping was about £550 which included several runs on the rolling road, I have also had HKS Iridium Spark plugs and a BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox. Spark plugs are about £80 and the BMC is £240. Both are company VXT have had the same work done are both are putting out around 245 BHP with 260 lb ft of torque. If you what to talk more call me at work on 0207 732 7072 any night this week, I will be working til about 11pm every night. Gavin

#13 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 07:52 PM

any pictures sound good!

#14 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 08 December 2003 - 09:22 PM

Chris

Yes, it is Sanspeed in Bexleyheath.

Talk to Graham at Sanspeed, he is the superchips guy, he will basically do a custom remap on each car using a base superchips file then modifiy that.

The remapping was about £550 which included several runs on the rolling road, I have also had HKS Iridium Spark plugs and a BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox. Spark plugs are about £80 and the BMC is £240.

Both are company VXT have had the same work done are both are putting out around 245 BHP with 260 lb ft of torque.

If you what to talk more call me at work on 0207 732 7072 any night this week, I will be working til about 11pm every night.

Gavin

But no cooling. :o

#15 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 09:30 PM

Thorney Charge Cooler due January/Feb along with Exhaust and Suspension. But I was under the impression up to 250 BHP was OK with no additional cooling, any more than 250 bhp in this weather scares me, I will wait to better weather for more power. Looking forward to having a look at yours at Hethal. Cheers Gavin

#16 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 08 December 2003 - 09:44 PM

Personally I'd keep it under 240 odd without a CC then anything you like with one. Sounds like you're being careful, with the weather we're currently having there might not be a massive problem but be careful to avoid accelerating away heavily after a period in traffic (from traffic lights etc) as this is the prime time for the intake temp to jump and the ECU will back off to prevent damage. If for some reason the ECU doesn't back off then damage is a possibility. Certainly come Spring/summer I wouldn't chance even 240 odd without some kind of extra cooling as its crucial. I've even had one conversation with a tuner (he wanted to advertise and I refused) who said they deliberately chip VXT's cos they were easy and the it was the ECU's job to back off when it got to hot :o THAT is not responsible tuning and can only harm the reputation of the car and all our residuals.

#17 Timbo

Timbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:12 PM

Spark plugs 80 quid!! :o I bought some denso iridium ones for £43 from an english co called sparkplugs.com and they were advertising the HKS ones for roughly the same price. B)

#18 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:22 PM

and the BMC is £240.

Double :o

Saw the BMC website earlier and you can order the BMC carbon box for $240ish (+PP?). Dont mean to rub it in(and people ahve to make a living) , but if its possible to save some cash :)

#19 Gavin

Gavin

• PipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 11:37 PM

My pricing could well be out, this sounds bad but I have not paid anything yet, I've got to pay some time this week (note to myself, I really must pay attention when using my company credit card). Sanspeed have always been very good on price in the past, so they should be reasonable this time. I will post up final pricing later this week. Gavin

#20 SSH1

SSH1

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 09:58 AM

[Personally I'd keep it under 240 odd without a CC then anything you like with one. ] Didn't AMD tune Silverspeeds & Timbo's cars up to more than this without any additional cooling? I have modified the airbox with the Courtenay panel filter, removed the restrictors inside & added an additional intake, I will be getting the full miltek system, then going for a remap. As long as I keep it under 250ish bhp I thought this was ok? Does the modded airbox & better flow of the miltek help keep it cool enough? Regards Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users