Wanted: Hardtop!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 mache

mache

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

:) Hi everyone! Recently purchased a vx220 turbo in saphire black and use it everyday. Love it!! :wub: lol Im looking for a hardtop?????? Can anyone please help me as am new to this and the vxt! Can I buy new from different companies and how much? and if not does anyone have one for sale? Thanks Mache! :jump:

#2 deckard

deckard

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Macs, old arcade games, good meals :)

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

As I am thinking of getting one the only site I know of is http://www.thorneymo...products_id=108

#3 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

you will find them on ebay now and again, but you have to watch it as the newer vx's well on n/a's anyway they have different fixing brackets to get the hardtop to actually fit. these brackets can be changed out tho. just hit and miss whether you get one that fits, unless you ask the seller the year of their vx and whether it fit ok.

#4 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

Keep your eyes peeled on ebay now as the prices will start to rise again in a month or two

#5 mache

mache

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

:) Thanks everyone for replying, reallty apprieciate it. mache.

#6 JBoy

JBoy

• 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

Hi guys, I am also a new proud owner of a VX220 Turbo in Calypso Red. Anyone have a hardtop for sale in this colour or know where I can get one? Is Thorney Motorsport the best place?

#7 wmg100

wmg100

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

I think Muncher does them for about £500

#8 JBoy

JBoy

• 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

I think Muncher does them for about £500

Thanks. I'll get in contact with him

#9 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:54 PM

I think the price of the TMS one has dropped since that page was put up too :blink:

#10 JBoy

JBoy

• 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

Contacted TMS - they have lost their supplier and dont have a new one lined up so no go there. No one else seems to do them. Gutted.

#11 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

Contacted TMS - they have lost their supplier and dont have a new one lined up so no go there. No one else seems to do them. Gutted.

PM a guy on this site with username Muncher.

he will even get it painted for you...

#12 Vespillo

Vespillo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:Computers,<br>Golf,<br>Snooker,<br>MY VX!!!!!!!!!!!!!,<br>Music (Dj'ing and making it)<br>as well as other obvious ones like getting pissed,<br>having a laugh with my mates, chilling with the family etc etc.

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:18 PM

rather than spamming poor muncher with pm's can someone post on here how much he sells them for inc and excluding paint etc? Dont want to tread on anyones toes with this request but if TMS is no longer providing them then is this ok?

#13 Jez

Jez

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:Bikes,TT,Isle Of Man,VX's, investigations to where my money goes each month,

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:24 PM

rather than spamming poor muncher with pm's can someone post on here how much he sells them for inc and excluding paint etc?

Dont want to tread on anyones toes with this request but if TMS is no longer providing them then is this ok?

sounds like a good idea to me chinky chinky

#14 wmg100

wmg100

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

rather than spamming poor muncher with pm's can someone post on here how much he sells them for inc and excluding paint etc?

Dont want to tread on anyones toes with this request but if TMS is no longer providing them then is this ok?

From http://www.type116.c...topic.php?t=424

Brand new, £495 bare shell with all trim and fittings.

An additional £135 to have it painted in your choice of colour.

#15 Vespillo

Vespillo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:Computers,<br>Golf,<br>Snooker,<br>MY VX!!!!!!!!!!!!!,<br>Music (Dj'ing and making it)<br>as well as other obvious ones like getting pissed,<br>having a laugh with my mates, chilling with the family etc etc.

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:48 PM

thumbsup

#16 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

So you can get a brand new hard top painted the right colour for £630 and yet most people try to sell them for £550 second hand! :blink:

#17 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City &amp; burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

I'm sure I saw one on ebay earlier today with a starting price of £500. Don't know what colour though.

#18 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

I'm sure I saw one on ebay earlier today with a starting price of £500. Don't know what colour though.

Yeh your right and thats just the starting bid!Its a yellow one.

#19 Rosso Rebel

Rosso Rebel

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

has any-one on here got one of Muncher's hard tops? is it the same shape as the oem, and does it come with fixings, and most importantly........does it leak ?! :D

#20 Mick43

Mick43

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Sport (tennis, squash, gym)

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:22 PM

I have a Muncher hardtop - fully lined and painted (Silver). Excellent product. Zero leaks, Zero wind noise, and oh so quiet and warm... plus lighter and easier to fit than original equipment...... and... it's going to be up for sale soon.... Immaculate condition... only used one winter on a garaged car... thumbsup (will post here when it goes up for sale.... but I have promised one chap first refusal)... Look at my for sale advert for picture of it fitted to car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users