• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan

Duncan

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 12:57 PM

For sale to fund long - awaited Vx220... Short wheel base "VolksRod" beach buggy. Based on a '72 Beetle, I built it myself four years ago using a brand new buggy shell (rarther than a tired old 70's relic). Everything that moves or wears was replaced or at the very least refurbished - ie and the suspension bushes, ball joints, dampers etc. are all new. The 1600 Twinport beetle engine was rebuilt and now sports twin carbs and evil sounding twin "cannon" exhausts. The interior is kinda Vx220 sparse with no carpets and all the chassis etc exposed. It's also got the usual Bucket seats, harnesses etc. It costs me £170 a year insurance (I'm 26), and it's tax exempt so you get the wonderful feeling of walking out of the post office with a 12mth disc without paying for it! Obviously everyone stops and stares where ever you go, kids wave, japanese toursits jump out in the road at you and take photos and you get a bit wet if it rains, but hey, I guess you are all used to that! I'm looking for £3995 for it. Any questions or if you want more photos give me a ring on 07866 735013 or send us a mail. I'm in solihull - I actually work with "The Rockstar" / poptart, but don't hold that against me! Please help me in my quest to join your clan!

#2 TheRockstar

TheRockstar

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 02:01 PM

Nothing like begging for help is there....... ;)

#3 TheRockstar

TheRockstar

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 02:56 PM

I suppose seeing as you just sent me a load of moaning emails at work, I should add: WELCOME TO THE FORUMS DUNCAN!! and by the way - The Buggy looks nice. :blink: :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users