Carpetted The Interior Today

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:40 PM

Some may dislike what I've done, but my VX is my daily drive and in preparation for the winter, have had some carpets cut to size so that it is a bit more comfortable when the temperature drops.

Not show in photos, but have also got carpet under the seats (no more coins etc sliding to and fro) and carpet on the rear ali panel.

Girlfriend is also on the tall side and the footrest plays havoc with her high heels, so that is resigned to the garage for the time being!.

Let me know what you think....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just need to sort out the retrim of the centre console...

Kevin.

(Mods, could you resize if photos are too large, thanks.)

#2 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

Looks a tidy job thumbsup

#3 GunnerGibson

GunnerGibson

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

quality! What are your rates!!

#4 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

Looks great B) I like the idea of removing the footrest - only ever seems to get in the way :rolleyes: Don't suppose you have any templates of the carpets (or could get another set made up :unsure: ) :)

#5 n1k_ns

n1k_ns

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Date Of VX First Registration: 01/03/2002

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:05 PM

Looks like the best carpeted job ive seen so far mate! Top Work! Is it easily removable? Keep an eye out for water underneath, you don't want corrosion! :)

#6 SamVx

SamVx

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:20 PM

Looks like a fantastic job, been considering doing this myself, I Did my centre console in leather today, will get some pics up next week sometime. :) Whenever I've sat in the pax seat (not often) the footrest has just annoyed me. :P Also, What radio do you have? Looks really nice! :)

Edited by SamVx, 02 September 2007 - 10:59 PM.

#7 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:32 PM

Looks very pro well done mate . my friends and wife always put their feet on the foot rest and it goes pop and moves around nice job thumbsup

#8 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:47 PM

thumbsup

#9 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:29 AM

It looks fantastic. Agree that footrest is a nuisance and rubbish collects underneath it

#10 Whippet

Whippet

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:13 AM

Quality job there... thumbsup Am looking to do the same - how did you go about getting the shape right?

#11 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:22 AM

Excellent job, this is exactly what I want. Do you have more details, i.e. who did it, approx cost, materials used?

#12 GunnerGibson

GunnerGibson

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:40 AM

Excellent job, this is exactly what I want. Do you have more details, i.e. who did it, approx cost, materials used?

yeah dont tease us with half a tale... we need the guide with measurements and templates lol

#13 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

Hi all, Thankyou for all the positive comments, appears I'm not the only only who thinks the footrest is more cosmetic than functional!! I made up some templates and gave them to a friend who cut carpet for me. It is nice quality and has unsual backing material which is very stiff and helps carpet keep it's shape. Don't think it would bend very easily but I don't have that problem as all me panel shapes are flat Only cost £60, and for that I got: 1 x rear bulkhead panel 1 x n/s sill panel 1 x o/s sill panel 1 x piece under drivers seat 1 x piece under passenger seat 2 x passenger foot mat 2 x drivers foot mat He did two foot mats to get the right height for the carpet nut thingys, but it also gives me a spare mat in case I wear out the top one. Looking for some sort of ali chequer plate heal protector which will help prevent premature wear on the foot mats. Carpet mainly held in place under original trim, i.e. sill trims, rear bulkhead panel. Just added a bit of velcro here and there where i thought it would help. Fully removeable and so far no water found underneath! I have got some offcuts of carpet if anyone would like to see it. Believe he has still got the templates i made up and could possibly be able to make up other sets if anyone is interested. SamVX - ICE fitted is a Sony CDX-CA850 headunit. I like it, it's a couple of years old now, but still think it looks good and sound great. Has no controls on headunit itself, controlled via a remote or joystick type device (not bother fitting to VX due to limited space). Regards Kevin.

#14 james141

james141

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

Hi all,

Thankyou for all the positive comments, appears I'm not the only only who thinks the footrest is more cosmetic than functional!!

I made up some templates and gave them to a friend who cut carpet for me. It is nice quality and has unsual backing material which is very stiff and helps carpet keep it's shape. Don't think it would bend very easily but I don't have that problem as all me panel shapes are flat

Only cost £60, and for that I got:

1 x rear bulkhead panel
1 x n/s sill panel
1 x o/s sill panel
1 x piece under drivers seat
1 x piece under passenger seat
2 x passenger foot mat
2 x drivers foot mat

He did two foot mats to get the right height for the carpet nut thingys, but it also gives me a spare mat in case I wear out the top one.

Looking for some sort of ali chequer plate heal protector which will help prevent premature wear on the foot mats.

Carpet mainly held in place under original trim, i.e. sill trims, rear bulkhead panel. Just added a bit of velcro here and there where i thought it would help. Fully removeable and so far no water found underneath!

I have got some offcuts of carpet if anyone would like to see it. Believe he has still got the templates i made up and could possibly be able to make up other sets if anyone is interested.

SamVX - ICE fitted is a Sony CDX-CA850 headunit. I like it, it's a couple of years old now, but still think it looks good and sound great. Has no controls on headunit itself, controlled via a remote or joystick type device (not bother fitting to VX due to limited space).

Regards

Kevin.

At £60 he would do a roaring trade thumbsup

Im up for some :)

#15 danyeates

danyeates

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

Off topic, but I used to have that CD player in my old Mini Cooper. It was great, but died as the windscreen leaked and it got wet :( Carpet looks really good thumbsup

#16 AMD

AMD

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:20 PM

damn... really nice... i needed to look at pictures 2 min, to understood what u have done :D

#17 GunnerGibson

GunnerGibson

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:00 PM

@ £60 put me down for a set!!

#18 P40L VX

P40L VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:56 AM

Is it just me that the pictures aren't working for...?

#19 JawZ

JawZ

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts
  • Interests:Bodybuilding, 3D/2D Gfx, Web design, Sportscars, Electronic Music.

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:06 AM

Is it just me that the pictures aren't working for...?

Nope, they seem to be down today,,, was working yesterday.

#20 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:02 AM

Reposted pics....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got lost in photobucket...

Link to other pics of my VX.......

10 KXX

Kevin

Edited by Morgan9122, 04 September 2007 - 09:19 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users