• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 09:07 PM

Stunning example of VX220 Roadster in Calypso Red with black leather & Cd/tuner. Also featuring factory alarm/immobiliser, drivers airbag and ABS brakes. Tracker Monitor fitted from new. Single owner, 14,500 miles, balance of 3 year warranty, FSH, new rear tyres. Recent order for VX Turbo forces reluctant sale. Sensibly priced at £15,750. For more information call Gary on 07949 142653 or email garyk220@hotmail.com. ****************************************************************** As soon as a delivery date for my Turbo order is confirmed, I’ll be advertising my current VX on the Autotrader website. Anyone interested, especially if you’re looking to buy in April, feel free to give me a call. The car is available for viewing in Central Scotland, but I’ll be at the Lotus factory visit on 25th March if anyone is interested in arranging a meet to view the car.

#2 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 01:55 PM

Priced to sell!!!! :o

#3 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 02:05 PM

Priced to sell!!!! :o

I hope so :)

#4 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 05:06 PM

Hey Gary, i'm heading up your way next weekend with the wife and brotherinlaw to visit some family, recommend anything to do in Edinburgh or places to visit that would be of any interest? Regards, John.

#5 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 09:23 PM

Hey Gary,

i'm heading up your way next weekend with the wife and brotherinlaw to visit some family, recommend anything to do in Edinburgh or places to visit that would be of any interest?

Regards,

John.

Now you're asking John. Probably the worst person to ask for ideas is a resident :)

It depends what you enjoy doing, and whether you've been to Edinburgh before. If not, you could do worse than have a wander round the Castle and the Old Town, High Street, etc. There are plenty of themed & guided tours of the Old Town catacombs, closes, etc. There are also open-topped bus tours around the City Centre, you'll find them near Waverley Station. Holyrood Park is worth a visit if you feel energetic, and you get a great view of the whole City from the top of Arthur's Seat - provided the weather is OK of course :P A word of warning though, it does not look very high, but it's a fair hike up to the top... probably 30-40 minutes from the bottom. Oh, and the Royal Yacht Brittania is berthed at Leith. Never been myself but it's probably worth a visit?

The Forth bridges at South Queensferry are only 20 minutes away from Edinburgh. Or if you head the other way into East Lothian there's the Museum of Flight off the A1 near North Berwick.

If you are driving up, I'd recommend the A7 from Galashiels to Edinburgh. It's a bit of detour, but it avoids all the speed cameras on the A1 and the A68. Just north of Galashiels there's a great little section which winds through a little valley.

You don't have to look too hard to find pubs and restaurants in the City Centre either.

Hope that gives you some ideas. I'm sure you'll enjoy it whatever you do.

Gary

#6 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 09 March 2003 - 01:23 PM

An alternative suggestion if the sun comes out is to bring your VX, forget about the family and go out and play on the roads up here for the weekend. Try either the A83 Arrochar - Campbeltown or the route from Stirling to Kyle of Lochalsh are two personal favourites. Not to many tourists at this time of year and very few coppers to spoil the fun.

#7 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for the info Gary, I'll have the nipper with me so am limited on the nightlife scene anyway and we dont like leaving the hotel when we have a babysitter, we are staying at the Balmoral anyway which is pretty good and has an excellent restaurant :) so that will do us for the 2 evenings for food, and you cant beat a bit of shopping in a new town to pass the time away plus a pint or two of course ;) Cheers, John.

#8 Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Posted 20 March 2003 - 12:54 PM

Is it still for sale Gary?

#9 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 01:21 PM

Yes it's still available Doug. I've not advertised it anywhere else yet, but my VXT should arrive mid-April, so the clock's ticking :P I'm in Edinburgh if you want to pop across to have a look anytime. I'm thinking about advertising on the Autotrader website first week in April. Gary

#10 Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Posted 20 March 2003 - 01:35 PM

I work in Edinburgh so no hassle there. Are you wanting to sell it the day the VXT arrives or before? I did send an email to your hotmail account! When would you be free so we could have a look and chat?

#11 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 01:42 PM

I'll check my email, and post a reply there.

#12 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 02:22 PM

Stunning example of VX220 Roadster in Calypso Red with black leather & Cd/tuner. Also featuring factory alarm/immobiliser, drivers airbag and ABS brakes. Tracker Monitor fitted from new.

Single owner, 15,700 miles, balance of 3 year warranty (June 2004) FSH. Sensibly priced at £15,500 ovno.

For more information call Gary on 07949 142653 or email garyk220@hotmail.com

The turbo will be arriving soon, so I'm advertising in Autotrader from this weekend.

#13 Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Posted 27 March 2003 - 03:08 PM

Gary - I might still be interested - still working out how much of a compromise my size is in the car. I'll get in touch if we decide to go for one. Dougal PS Do you have the fogs? Do you have the protection on the front?

#14 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 03:44 PM

Gary - I might still be interested - still working out how much of a compromise my size is in the car. I'll get in touch if we decide to go for one.

Dougal

PS Do you have the fogs? Do you have the protection on the front?

No problem.

The car has front fog lights and I've fitted helicopter tape on the front bumper section only (I did not like the look of the tape on the bonnet).

#15 Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Posted 28 March 2003 - 01:53 PM

FYI : Do you know it's not in this weeks Autotrader??

#16 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 02:02 PM

FYI : Do you know it's not in this weeks Autotrader??

I've not got round to advertising it yet. The weather is too good at the moment B) I'll be advertising it on the website only though, in an attempt to limit the number of tyre kickers and would-be joyriders :P

#17 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 03:55 PM

Change of plan, the car is no longer for sale. Gary

#18 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:32 PM

who did you sell it to Gary and did you get the price you wanted ?

#19 Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Guest_doug_rs2 (Guest)

Posted 03 April 2003 - 04:40 PM

Gary - you weren't on Ferry Road/Safeways petrol station yesterday lunchtime were you? A red VX drove past me as I was walking to lunch - First red one i've seen on the road.

#20 garyk220

garyk220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 05:42 PM

John, I've decided to keep it and use it for track days and maybe the odd sprint/hillclimb event. This way, if it gets bashed around a bit I won't be too bothered. The VXT will be my sensible everyday car :) Dougal, Wasn't me you saw yesterday. I've seen 2 other red VXes in the area, so hopefully it was one of them and not someone driving my car :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users