29 replies to this topic

#1 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 02:34 PM

Just got back from AMD. My car is a beast! Oh my god, how much power? :o

Pulling away in 1st is such a rush! Fight for traction; stick it in 2nd; glance at the speedo; and you’re already doing 60! Totally mental! And the acceleration above 100 is plain crazy - I touched 150 on the way home and the car was still pulling.

The lag is more noticeable now because the boost is more aggressive and lifting off feels like jumping on the brakes, but I’ll get used to all that. And I’m getting some mad backfires from the Milltek, but they sound fantastic! B)

The extra torque makes it harder to put the power down, but easier to drift out of corners without correction – I feel like I have more steering control with the throttle now. It feels like a much better car. :D

I’m so happy with it! Christmas came 3 days early this year. Ho, ho, ho.

Anyway, here are the rolling road figures for the three stages of tune:

1) Standard

Bhp: 199.7 @ 5218
Lb/ft: 212.5 @ 2433

2) + Full Milltek

Bhp: 213.5 @ 5687 (+13.8)
Lb/ft: 225.6 @ 2450 (+13.1)

3) + Remap

Bhp: 252.8 @ 5591 (+39.3)
Lb/ft: 258 @ 4879 (+32.4)

Power to weight: 271.8 bhp/tonne (assuming that kerbweight is 930 kg)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you’ve got a turbo, get this done. It’s well worth £650.

#2 madasahatter

madasahatter

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 02:41 PM

Saving up for this very thing now. £650 doesn't go very far though does it? I thought the Miltek was over £1k? So. How I thought it went was £1100 for Miltek £550 for Remap £???? no idea for OneClick +VAT? Sounds about right? Definitely saving the pennies for the summer when the extra power would be ace - and then the OneClick system in order to switch it back for the crappy weather. Edited because of Brain Keyboard interface failure

Edited by madasahatter, 22 December 2003 - 02:42 PM.

#3 SILVERSPEED

SILVERSPEED

• Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:28 AM

I was at AMD on Saturday - one click is not ready yet for the VX but what a fantastic bit of kit. Did your AMM hold out ok Streetboy? 252bhp without the Piper is fantastic - soon need a charge cooler?

#4 Turbo Head

Turbo Head

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:35 PM

3) + Remap

Bhp: 252.8 @ 5591 (+39.3)
Lb/ft: 258 @ 4879 (+32.4)

Power to weight: 271.8 bhp/tonne (assuming that kerbweight is 930 kg)

Holy cow Batman! How much fun is that? You must be well chuffed. :)

#5 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:36 PM

calm down people, all it means is he can spin faster :lol: :lol: Ian

#6 r1chard748

r1chard748

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 02:54 PM

Its posts like this that make me so jealous. :drink:

#7 Ducati996Senna

Ducati996Senna

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 02:56 PM

John, what mods did you do to the airbox? Paul

#8 Jay

Jay

• Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:n

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:41 PM

Streetboy, I was also at AMD on Monday having full miltek and remap. I must have missed you. Dropped car off at 9.30, collected it at 4. I agree entirely with your comments... performance increase is fantastic! My dyno figures were: 256.5 ft/lb @ 4879 rpm with 245 ft/lb from 2500 rpm!!! 251.4 bhp @ 5591 rpm It was hard to imagine that the driving experience could get any better, but it has. :D The miltek full system sounds perfect, gives this car what it truely deserves. I can highly recommend AMD to everyone and speak to Craig at AMD as he's offering Chrissy discounts! Jay

#9 Timbo

Timbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:14 PM

I was under the assumption that a full miltek should give you around 20-22 bhp but according to streetboy's rolling road his only gave him 13-14 bhp!!!! Where'd the rest go? :unsure:

#10 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:19 PM

I was under the assumption that a full miltek should give you around 20-22 bhp but according to streetboy's rolling road his only gave him 13-14 bhp!!!!
Where'd the rest go? 

I think the 20-22 bhp is with the full miltek and the pipercross induction kit?
Streetboy only has the standard airbox on his system now due to the AMM failing????

#11 caleini_vxt

caleini_vxt

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 01:51 PM

I was under the assumption that a full miltek should give you around 20-22 bhp but according to streetboy's rolling road his only gave him 13-14 bhp!!!!
Where'd the rest go? 

I think the 20-22 bhp is with the full miltek and the pipercross induction kit?
Streetboy only has the standard airbox on his system now due to the AMM failing????

Hi all new here, so newbie alert.

But what is the AMM and what is the problem with them ?

Very tempted to get the full miltec, AMD remap & filter, but now am worried by this AMM thing.

cheers all

Barry

#12 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 27 December 2003 - 01:54 PM

Viper is a shame as it does add a clear 10bhp to the top end (not much in the rev range so you wont really feel it). Jury is still out whether the Viper is causing the AMM failures (Air Mass Meter, it measures air and somehow fails only with Viper installed). I can't tell the difference with mine with or without the Viper (except for the noise).

#13 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 06:05 PM

I can't tell the difference with mine with or without the Viper (except for the noise).

I can. The car feels more lethargic without the Viper (even after the remap) and I'm convinced the power delivery is more erratic.

I hope someone solves the AMM problem soon cause I'd like to put an induction kit back on again.

#14 mantamagic

mantamagic

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 06:10 PM

If there is a problem with the Viper, why not go for another sealed system such as the CDA. Cotton gauze is generally better than foam anyway, so even a K&N57i would probably be alright.

#15 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 10:01 AM

If there is a problem with the Viper, why not go for another sealed system such as the CDA.

Cotton gauze is generally better than foam anyway, so even a K&N57i would probably be alright.

The problem is unlikely to be specifically with the Viper, other induction kits will probably do the same thing.

And in what respect is cotton gauze better?

#16 mantamagic

mantamagic

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 10:22 PM

Foam filters on Subaru's cause the Airflow Meter's to fail.

No problem's when running cotton gauze such as K&N or Green.

Cotton Gauze offers higher level filteration of particulants.

Have a look at the following link for independent research.

Air Filter Comparison

#17 B4D_VX

B4D_VX

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 08:34 AM

Some foam filters don't have very good filtration, in the same way some cotton gauze don't. Both Pipercross and K&N have approx 99% filtration. As for foam filters causing AMM to fail on Scoobs, I'm pretty sure that's just when they're oiled.

#18 P9 CJW

P9 CJW

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:20 AM

Hi chaps, i also have had the tranceformation done to the VXT and am well impressed but am a little confussed to the following Bhp 244.6 @ 5473 Lb ft 258.7 @ 2488 This is the read out from the day, Streetboys is higher on the Bhp side an so is Jay's but the Torque is less! why is this anyone now? either way the car is an animal and is some much more fun to drive, to the point it is a case of trying o tame the beast when in the wet!!! WHAT A BUZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love this car, Imnotworthy

#19 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:41 AM

Engines are all different and BHP/torque are all indications and not accurate to exact numbers. A llot depends on the temperature and weather on the day as well.

#20 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:16 PM

This is the read out from the day, Streetboys is higher on the Bhp side an so is Jay's but the Torque is less! why is this anyone now?

Do you have the full Milltek?

I wouldn't be concerned - the sprint only has 230 bhp IIRC, but mosterous torque.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users