Photo

Viper Fitting - NA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stu mitchell

stu mitchell

• 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 06:21 PM

Hi Just got one for xmas, cheers santa! Before I get stuck into fitting it on saturday, can someone answer me on a couple of points please: - Do I need to oil the filter before install as it comes with the kit that I got from PVD? Read numerous threads about this and the issues with the VXT so advice appreciated as instructions say 'oil it!' - Is it easier to take off wheel and arch liner to fit? Again the instructions don't mention this. Any other pointers appreciated Thanks Stu :P

#2 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 01 January 2004 - 06:38 PM

The only need for getting the wheel liner off is for a nut that is difficult to get at from the top of the engine. However it is possible and once I knew where it was (the 2nd time I did it) i realised it was a lot less fuss than removing the liner. There are 2 nuts attaching the standard air box to the brackets supporting it. One is on the engine end of the airbox and the other on the wheel side of the airbox. They are both underneath the airbox. If you undo the one nearest the engine first you will know what it's like and that may make locating the other easier. It's fiddly to get at but may be quicker than taking the wheel off removing the liner and then replacing it all after.

#3 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 01 January 2004 - 06:41 PM

i think Pete said dont bother oiling it..... :unsure: You definitely need to remove the wheel and pull the arch back however IMO.... Its alot easier than it sounds :) And the pipe from the viper needs to be secured down by the air grill infront of the wheel arch

#4 Ducati996Senna

Ducati996Senna

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:38 AM

Not sure whether the oiling issue is only related to the AMM which is fitted to the VXT only.

#5 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:24 PM

Hi Stu, must of missed this, you should of pmed me. How did you get on? All in with no problems? Ian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users