• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:21 PM

Sounds like what I have in mind! with the exception of the charge cooler mounted as per Marco Polo's, I dont see that a front charge charge cooler rad is needed in the current summer climate! I not certain but I dont think they fit charge coolers to some GM SC kits used at lower boost presures (<=10psi)

Thanks for the pictures Marco

The Eaton is in the US nicknamed "Heaton" because it creates a lot of heat in the inlet air when running outside the optimal efficiency range (higher boost or higher rpms). Therefore the US guys run large water radiators and a dual pass intercooler set-up to cool the inlet charge at higher boost. (smaller pulley.) And above that they often also use water-methanol injection....

To avoid possible detonation I personally want to have always the coolest possible inlet charge, therefore a front mounted rad. & dual pass. And also the idea of having not all the extra weight at the back is good. ;)
(See also the latest intercooler setup of pro alloy for the turbo's or SC'ed Exiges.)

#22 Yello

Yello

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:34 AM

I have just bougth a SC and inlet from US Ebay, paid 1200$ for it, to solve the AC pulley problem I just bougth a used AC-compressor wich I have modified, and removed the internals and most of the housing, paid 40$ for it :rolleyes:
I`m going for the AEM FIC and bigger injectors, Ford Ligthning cooler pump, Wiseco 8.9:1 pistons and Eagle rods. Havent decided were to put the chargecooler yet...

Posted Image
What I got for 1200$ not bad, gone 1600miles thumbsup

#23 Mike-F

Mike-F

• PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:56 AM

I have just bougth a SC and inlet from US Ebay, paid 1200$ for it, to solve the AC pulley problem I just bougth a used AC-compressor wich I have modified, and removed the internals and most of the housing, paid 40$ for it :rolleyes:
I`m going for the AEM FIC and bigger injectors, Ford Ligthning cooler pump, Wiseco 8.9:1 pistons and Eagle rods. Havent decided were to put the chargecooler yet...

Posted Image
What I got for 1200$ not bad, gone 1600miles thumbsup

How much did the import and shipping end up adding, its one of the main unknowns at the moment?

#24 Yello

Yello

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:58 PM

I didn`t pay anything for shipping, except 75$ shipping inside US, a friend of mine import cars from US, so he putted it inside a car before he shipped it to Norway :rolleyes: but the seller was talking about 300$ in shipping to Europe + EU Vat

#25 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

Cool! My bits are here

CLICKY

#26 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

Some pics of different belt and idler pulley layouts. This is the set-up as used in the US Ariel Atom with 2.0 SC Ecotec engine: (I like this one. I'm only concerned that the "belt wrap area" over the alternator pulley is a bit short and might slip on a heavy loaded alternator. But this is for a VX, so what current load do we have besides the headlights?)

Attached Files

Edited by Exmantaa, 08 July 2008 - 07:12 PM.

#27 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

And I think this is the Hitec/Courtenay set-up:

#28 Mike-F

Mike-F

• PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

And I think this is the Hitec/Courtenay set-up:

The atom layout looks neater, on the hitec/Courtenay has the alternator been relocated?

#29 Marco Polo

Marco Polo

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Cars and tracks :-)
    Roller skating in Paris
    Diving
    Wife and kids

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

Yes it has been slightly relocated (the above picture is from my car)... The idle pulley support (thick alu plate) is exactly as wide as the spacers put between the engine and the alternator... B)

#30 Yello

Yello

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

Have anyone been in contact with Hitec or Courtenay regarding the remap? I don`t think they will sell it to us.... If they do, I guess they wan`t lots of £ for it... :unsure:

#31 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

Have anyone been in contact with Hitec or Courtenay regarding the remap? I don`t think they will sell it to us....
If they do, I guess they wan`t lots of £ for it... :unsure:

:P :)

they protecting they business lol

#32 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:22 AM

Have anyone been in contact with Hitec or Courtenay regarding the remap? I don`t think they will sell it to us....
If they do, I guess they wan`t lots of £ for it... :unsure:

I'm not sofar yet. But I will investigate what parts they use and what I might need from them.
Hitec always have sold their Stage 2 conversion in kit form (with the extra ecu etc.), so why should they not sell their ECU flash seperately? The flashing is relative cheap money for them, otherwise you probably would go for a piggyback...

Edited by Exmantaa, 09 July 2008 - 12:24 AM.

#33 Jon

Jon

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

Hi we will remap these for you no problem at all. You will also need a set of injectors and a map sensor. Here are the costs... Remap £200 Map Sensor £52.31 Injectors (For 4) £122.00 Injector Plugs with boots (For 4) £34.48 Dyno time £95.00 per hour Here are some other helpful tips when sourcing you parts, which could save you some head scratching in the long run. If you get the American LSJ pulley/ belt set up you will need an Idler pulley to delete the air con pump, or you can run the air con pump however it’s quite heavy, we are making an idler up at the moment as I will be eventually using a modified 2.0 LSJ in my car. Other points to note is that the American pulley set up is 6 peak belt not 5 as the 2.2 so when buying your parts get the LSJ 6 peak crank pulley and also the 6 peak alternator. You could put a new pulley on the 2.2 alternator however the American set up spins the alternator the other way, and whist the American unit will not charge when run back wards I am told the UK 2.2 will, however the internal cooling blades do not cool very well when run this way. If you want to run our 5 peak set up we can supply this and also some other parts you will need along the way such as the dowels to locate and center the inlet manifold correctly onto the cylinder head. Etc If you have any question about doing this please feel free to give me a call rather than PM me etc and I will help however I can. chinky chinky Regards Jon

#34 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

Is this the same remap you use for your kits ? I wonder because you're talking about Dyno time per hour, so could be a custom remap too ? could be interesting for ones looking for different specs (TVS, higher CR, other cams...)

Edited by alanoo, 09 July 2008 - 09:42 AM.

#35 Marco Polo

Marco Polo

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
    Roller skating in Paris
    Diving
    Wife and kids

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

Hi Jon, thanks for the info... Any ETA on the idle pulley ? (I am expecting one as mine is almost dead, I am in contact with Mark at CS to get a new one) Is there a way to change my current setup (2 additional Injectors and ECU) to the new one (bigger injectors and new map) ? Is it worth changing (reliability, performance) ? Is there a way for CS to provide the 2 induction gaskets (the rectangle one between SuperCharger and Induction manifold and the long one between Induction manifold and Engine) ? A friend of mine (we did the S/C conversion in Hitec together) dismantled his engine to setup a new ECU management (Sybele) and is willing to change these 2 gaskets (my local Opel dealer cannot source them)... chinky chinky

#36 Jon

Jon

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:45 AM

Is this the same remap you use for your kits ?

I wonder because you're talking about Dyno time per hour, so could be a custom remap too ?

could be interesting for ones looking for different specs (TVS, higher CR, other cams...)

The map will be our base start map that we use in our conversions, but as with all the conversion we spend a bit of time to optimise the timing and fuel to taylor it to different exhaust specs etc..

Jon

#37 Jon

Jon

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

Hi Jon, thanks for the info...

Any ETA on the idle pulley ? (I am expecting one as mine is almost dead, I am in contact with Mark at CS to get a new one)

Is there a way to change my current setup (2 additional Injectors and ECU) to the new one (bigger injectors and new map) ? Is it worth changing (reliability, performance) ?

Is there a way for CS to provide the 2 induction gaskets (the rectangle one between SuperCharger and Induction manifold and the long one between Induction manifold and Engine) ?
A friend of mine (we did the S/C conversion in Hitec together) dismantled his engine to setup a new ECU management (Sybele) and is willing to change these 2 gaskets (my local Opel dealer cannot source them)...

chinky chinky

Im still waiting for 6 pulleys from Hartmut.. will chase again :)

You can upgrade the result will be slightly better response as the injectors are all then direct and most likly a bit more power if you are running the original decompressed version.

The inlet to head gasket is the same as the Vectra C 2.0NET turbo engine (Opel Number 5850669)
However the S/C to inlet Gasket has to come from the US..do you want to get you one?

Hope this helps

Jon

Edited by Jon, 09 July 2008 - 11:00 AM.

#38 Yello

Yello

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:03 PM

This sounds great Jon chinky chinky One little question, since I don`t live in UK, is it possible to ship the ECU to you and get the base map, and buy injectors and map sensor from you. Then get a fine tune on the Dyno at a later occasion?

#39 Jon

Jon

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

This sounds great Jon chinky chinky
One little question, since I don`t live in UK, is it possible to ship the ECU to you and get the base map,
and buy injectors and map sensor from you. Then get a fine tune on the Dyno at a later occasion?

Yes we can do that, but you must have it checked for AFR etc on a Rolling Road lacally before you go mad with it, just to be safe thumbsup

Jon

#40 Marco Polo

Marco Polo

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
    Roller skating in Paris
    Diving
    Wife and kids

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

Im still waiting for 6 pulleys from Hartmut.. will chase again :)

B)

You can upgrade the result will be slightly better response as the injectors are all then direct and most likly a bit more power if you are running the original decompressed version.

Interesting as I have this annoying engine hesitation at around 3700-3800 RPM (when the 2 additionnal injectors start or stop injecting I guess)

I feel the tentation coming....

:rolleyes:

The inlet to head gasket is the same as the Vectra C 2.0NET turbo engine (Opel Number 5850669)
However the S/C to inlet Gasket has to come from the US..do you want to get you one?

I'll check with my friend... He would propably contact you directly...

rallly

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supercharger, self fit kit, sc conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users