• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 VEX

VEX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:58 PM

You fellas got the phone number for Hi-Q, and the name of the guy you're dealing with?... I feel I may have to take a trip down to MK soon to get mine done.. :groupjump:

No, b*gger off, I want mine done before the rest of you get to him :P .

Chat to Dean on 01908 372391, but give me a chance please.

Chris

#22 VEX

VEX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 02:59 PM

Do Hi-Q remove the gubbins from the pre cat as well?

Still interested in this.

Colin

Colin,

My understanding is that the mesh is removed from the pre cat housing and then the housing is refitted in line with the rest of the system.

cheers

Chris

#23 TheRockstar

TheRockstar

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 04:13 PM

No probs Chris, I wont have the car for a little while now as its going back to Luton to get sorted, but as soon as it gets back I'll be taking a trip to Hi-Q! ;)

#24 VEX

VEX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 04:27 PM

Might get it done on Good Friday, ready for the run on the following weekend. Cw. Ps. Glad your cars getting sorted, fingers crossed for the run Rocki.

#25 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 05:54 PM

I might have a word with sinclaires about this. They're an independant lotus garage in Romford in essex. I'm sure I can persuade them to have a go :)

#26 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:12 PM

Just to be clear as i havnt had the balls to even take the tray off :unsure: .Am i right in thinking that once the bolts are removed you can then go to a work bech to smash the sh*t out of the pre-cat before refitting it.Or do you have to lay under the car cursing the cat out slowly.

#27 Dragracer

Dragracer

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:winning the lottery...

Posted 10 April 2003 - 06:40 PM

You can indeed take it to the bench and smash seven shades out of it. Bear in mind however that the "normal" MOT cat is part of the same pipe and I am pretty sure that these are still ceramic and may prove fragile. Having said that I used a 4lb mash hammer in the end. PS... the performance gain IMHO is marginal, but the MPG went from 27ish to 30ish. Worth the hassle I'd say. cheers Chevy

Edited by hemidragman, 10 April 2003 - 06:40 PM.

#28 SPLAM

SPLAM

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 07:31 PM

By the way are there gaskets which need replacing....

#29 R3D VX

R3D VX

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 02:49 PM

They didn't replace any gaskets on mine, the worst bit was the feckin lambda sensors (They wouldn't budge and couldn't be heated) so the guys had to follow the wires to their plug ends and take out the lot. The actual exhaust section comes right off the car (sensors still attached) We the used Oxy to melt the mesh out (draining it downwards!) Once there was a hole big enough we then got a tyre bar and butchered the rest! They then used compressor to blow any detris out the pipe working backwards so as not to clog the main cat. Still runs great, have booked it in to Regal on monday for ecu tune which should be it's final mod for a while. have fun Mike :jump:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users