• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:41 PM

Well people picked my car up tonight. OH MY GOD :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump: First off on to the motorway, could notice how much quicker it picked up. Once off the motorway, and on to A roads it was time to try it out. Few corners, overtaking. I am honestly lost for words, but it is fecking fast. What I've got is turbo performance, but with a smoother delivery So if anyone is thinking of this mod, or even those that are not, I will gladly passenger you and help you make your mind up. I will give a better report tomorrow after Bedford, only I need some sleep, got to get up at 4.30am. Lastly a big thanks to AMD and Thorney for all your hard work in getting this right, but in short, you did. cheers Ian

Edited by rubber, 13 February 2004 - 11:43 PM.

#2 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:22 AM

Congrats Ian! Sounds like you're one happy chappie! :D Did AMD give you any idea how much the mods would cost when released to the general public? Got the milltek, viper and remap but I guess I'd need a new map with a set up like yours... Also, any idea how long they will be running yours before the package is released? How does it feel to have the fastest normally aspirated VX in the country? Enjoy the 'new' motor but don't get :ban: Would be great to see it in action at Bedford but I'm helping a mate build a new driveway... :( Can't wait for the full report! Rob (very jealous) PS - Any chance of doing a few unofficial 0 - 60 runs at Bedford?

#3 jed

jed

• PipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 09:31 AM

Very pleased for you mate! Just think what it will be like when you fit the supercharger!

#4 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 11:13 AM

B'stard! :groupjump: Sounds awesome...glad you're happy with it! But don't go telling us about it - I'll only get tempted, and the guys at Elephant have only just stopped laughing at my request for a quote with a Milltek and Viper! If you've got the power and torque curves for before and after, any chance of posting them up? Always nice to see how the delivery characeristics have changed...

#5 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:32 PM

Glad you're happy with it Ian. Looking forward to having a PX ride at the next meet Paul

#6 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:30 PM

glad for you Ian!! B) B) ...are you planning to install a supercharger ON TOP of that?!? :o :lol:

#7 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 02:36 PM

Had the first trackday,with the 'new' car on saturday with the seloc boys. How was the car?? BLOODY brilliant, It accelerates much quicker now, thanks to the lightened flywheel. Although you don't get the push in your back like the turbo, you can feel yourself sinking into the seat from the power. Initial take off is quicker, but then when you get to about 4200 rpm...BANG, it is off, thanks to the cams. I also believe the noise is much better, and the grin has reappeared to my face. Only bigger. Never have been to good with words but if you could measure how happy I am by the size of my grin, you would know. It really is a different and better motor. This is called an engine upgrade and consists of: Lightened flywheel Gas flow head Race cams Re-map You really ought to already have a sports exhaust of somekind and induction. Although for a bit of extra dosh AMD will sort these for you. So I expect you all want to know about price...... £2200+vat=£2585............ and worth every penny. As i have said before, if anyone, where ever you are wants to meet up and have a pax ride, I'd be only to glad to oblige, it really is that good. Would just like to take this chance to thank AMD for all their hard work, and Thorney for a thankless task. We all know what you do for us!! Ian

Edited by rubber, 17 February 2004 - 02:40 PM.

#8 earlystock

earlystock

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:06 PM

I can vouch for the improvement... back straight of Bedford in my old NA....115mph (dry day) (solo) :rolleyes: back straight of Bedford in Ian's NA 120mph (wet day) (with passenger) :D back straight of Bedford in my turbo....130mph (wet day) (solo) :blink: Given the conditions and the fact that Ian is ....err......quite well built, and that he had a passenger (me) the car was flying... Well worth the $2500 IMHO

#9 turboman

turboman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:20 PM

back straight of Bedford in my turbo....130mph (wet day) (solo) :blink:

And then you broke it.

#10 Mosi

Mosi

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:Fast Cars & Slow Cooking

Posted 17 February 2004 - 03:27 PM

Ian, you'll get the opportunity to try full throttle....on the AUTOBAHN in summer :D Wish you all the best with your tuned-up toy ! Stephan

#11 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:01 PM

back straight of Bedford in my old NA....115mph (dry day) (solo) :rolleyes:

Well you must be lifting off to early poof cause I managed 120 on the back straight in my NA on Saturday :P

Edit: wet day BTW

Edited by P11 COV, 17 February 2004 - 04:02 PM.

#12 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:04 PM

And then you broke it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW whats the verdict on that problem?

#13 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:53 PM

Ian, I assume that price doesn't include the Milltek and Viper? :unsure: I'd love a p/ride when you've got the time :D

#14 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:54 PM

Now this sounds great, and I dont wanna put the mokkas on anything cos its plain Ian is well happy ;) BUT does the £2200 include the milltek and viper? Imnotworthy edited to say Jim_cross got there first then :P :P

Edited by benny_H, 17 February 2004 - 04:55 PM.

#15 earlystock

earlystock

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:41 PM

And then you broke it.

oooh....nasty! ;)

#16 earlystock

earlystock

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:43 PM

And then you broke it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW whats the verdict on that problem?

no idea yet...still waiting to hear. :(

#17 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:30 PM

I can vouch for the improvement...

back straight of Bedford in my old NA....115mph (dry day) (solo) :rolleyes:
back straight of Bedford in Ian's NA 120mph (wet day) (with passenger) :D

Given the conditions and the fact that Ian is ....err......quite well built, and that he had a passenger (me) the car was flying... Well worth the $2500 IMHO

It must be said that I am getting use to the EBC discs and pads, so was probably braking to early. However through the day my balls grew, and I started braking later and eventually ended up doing 125mph down the straight!!

If you all read my post carefully you will see that it doesn't include exhaust or induction. I must just add though that the engine has to be taken out to work on, it's not an astra we own, so therefore a lot of the price is labour.

Ian

#18 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 06:57 PM

Ian, I assume that price doesn't include the Milltek and Viper? :unsure:

I'd love a p/ride when you've got the time :D

Jim if you are at the next OGLE meet I'm sure we can sort something :D

Ian

#19 Bengie

Bengie

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:03 PM

Do you have any idea of how long they'd need the car for to perfrom this open-heart surgery? Not that I can even think about affording it yet, but just to get things in my head :)

#20 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:07 PM

errr, I might be being stupid here, and I have no intention whatsoever of putting anybodys nose out of joint..... but... I, like many others I imagine, are waiting for the full development packages to be finalised before making the modify/upgrade decision. If the £2.6k :o doesnt include the milltek and viper, then the gain on paper over cheekys car is 6 BHP.... Please tell me im wrong here please......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users