Secret Millionaire

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Elaine

Elaine

S4s Esprit.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Keeping fit & healthy eating (Taking note of the Chapman theory).

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:01 AM

The company that I work for is part of the Pall-Ex network which was founded by Hilary Devey......... Tonight she's on Secret Millionaire. B) E. :)

#2 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

Top programme. Always try and see it. If I had a few million I would get as much enjoyment giving it to good causes as spending it.

#3 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City & burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:31 AM

only seen the last couple of shows but loved everyone of um. Mum tash rang me last night to tell me that last nights show was returning to the town that tash was born. Rochdale/Gods country. Have to say that it really did show the best and worst people that rochdale has. Big up respect to the people who give some money back to those that really need it irrespective of colour, creed, religion etc etc. As the tash says, Don't forget where you come from cos one day you may end up back there.

#4 calletson

calletson

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Testing eyes<br />Cars<br />Women<br />Beer

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:01 AM

Hey tash i am also born and bred Rochdale! I escaped however and am still alive to tell the tale! Rochdale is a dump. The show portrayed pretty much exactly how it is. In fact i think the people show from the Syke community group / nearby pub are the best Rochdale has to offer, i used to live in syke and my parents still do. And i am fully intending to forget were i came from! lol

#5 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hey Tashy I thought you were from Main Road LOL Always nice to see people giving back and helping out. Would love to be in the positon to help like that.

#6 streetboy

streetboy

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

I love the many levels of ignorance on show in this programme. It's so patronising. "Oh look at the poor people. They're so pathetic and cute. Let’s throw a bit of money at them, that'll temporarily cure their problems and ease my conscience." The main reason that people are poor is that they're sh*t with money. It's not how much money they have; it's what they choose to do with it. Very few people are financially intelligent, me included. So why do rich people think more money is the answer? Sterilisation, that's the answer! :P

#7 fishboy

fishboy

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

I have only seen 2 or 3, but the lady last night gave loads away compared to the previous 2. Gave something like 150k away just like that. Fair play, was nice to see the reaction of all parties involved. You can tell though she got so much pleasure at the end going. "i am not who you think i am.... I am a millionaire".

#8 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

As the tash says, Don't forget where you come from cos one day you may end up back there.

thumbsup

#9 calletson

calletson

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Testing eyes<br />Cars<br />Women<br />Beer

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

The money given to the backdoor music project on the show wont do anything to get kids of the street. The kind of kids that go there arent the ones that go around causing trouble and pretending to be wannabe gangsters! They are the ones who get bullied by the wannabe's, lol Made me laugh when she said about the lads who were playing football "arrr there a good bunch of lads really"..... No love, they will slash the roof of your drop top bentley to snatch your hand bag as soon as your back is turned.

#10 Amoger

Amoger

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

"i am not who you think i am.... I am a millionaire".

Lol, I like that. The way inflation's going, we'll all be millionaires before too long..

(My back-of-a-fag-packet calc says inflation at 6% pa for 43yrs turns £100k into £1m in 2051).

#11 Tashyboy

Tashyboy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:sleep, star trek, man City &amp; burberry bears.being on here all shift when I should be working

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:09 AM

I have to say having watched the programme from rochdale, it made me realise that like for like, mansfield ( where I live now) is light years ahead of Rochdale. They are very similar size wise but rochdale just comes across as a toilet. and having gone there to visit relatives at milnrow for years until me grandad died and we spread his ashes at the back of holinwell lake ( with me mums trifle spoon ), it is not an opinion based upon just telly watching. THE STARNGE THING IS THAT CHANNEL 4 OR 5 RATES MANSFIELD AS ONE OF THE SHITHOLES OF BRITAIN. oops sorry capital locks came on. Anyway the best thing I like about the show is that the people who are giving there brass away do it on the basis of what they see and like. For someone to give 60K to an individual to help pay her wages for 3 years to run her project is a massive bless ya luv ya squeeze ya from me. Calleston your right re the backdoor music project and it pulling in normal kids and not the scrotes of society, But even normal kids have sweet fanny adams to do on the streets. Thank feck someone has the gumption to say that normal kids desrve to have a chance to do summat. All to often you have to get a dozen asbos before society says we will give you a playstation if you behave. Looking at rochdales programme however. There were problems with Kids, adults and the elderly. WTF is going off in Rochdale, and don't anyone try to convince me thsat it is just rochdale. Got to say big up respect to missis wotsername in giving the brass away. Having sat on a local authority which gave away brass to deserving projects/groups ? the rules/regs/criteria in which you have to adhere to are complete and utter bollox. If you do not mention creed, race, religion sexual gender/preferance you get feck all. If you do mention it you get the pot of gold. All to often normal kids are to easily overlooked. Looking forward to next weeks show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users