No replies to this topic

#1 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

VX220 Buyer's Guide
The VX220 Buyers Guide Checklist is a good starting point, and includes some items to look out for when viewing VXs.

What colours do VXs come in?
Standard paint colours can be found here (just click on the swatches at the top of the page). Some are model (Turbo / n/a) specific.

I want to know more about a particular VX
It is distinctly possible that the VX that has caught your eye, is - or was - owned by a member of the forum. Get hold of the registration, and put it through the search facility. You will need to enter it with a space (eg GU51 ABC) and without (eg GU51ABC) since if it has been entered in one format on the forum, it will not be included in the search results if you have searched using the other format.

Also obtain the build number (the last four digits of the VIN), then take a look through this list of owners (past and present) against build numbers. The complete list of build numbers is however included only on some pages, and therefore won't include updates posted subsequently, so you may need to trawl through the thread.

If you have identified the previous owner(s), you can then search their posts to find out more information about the car.

Whether you have identified the owner(s) or not, you can start a thread in the forum asking if anyone knows about the car. Include as much information as you can; photos, a link to the advert, registration etc.

Will a VX fit in my garage?
The original VX220 sales brochures can be found here. They contain a lot of useful information, including dimensions of the car.

I want to view a VX
If you know more about quantum physics than you do a VX, fear not. Post on the forum and ask if anyone in your area will come and look at the car with you. This is accepted practice; a few beer tokens are normally valid tender.

What should I check when I view a VX?
Here is a very useful checklist put together by a member of the forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users