Photo

Suspected Turbo Problem

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 sdixon

sdixon

• 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 09:26 AM

Update - I've had it checked on a rolling road. Power at the wheels is 105BHP - 136BHP at the engine - when it should be 200! Funny how the so called experts at Picador etc couldn't notice a 65 BHP shortfall! The tuning guy is convinced that it's a wastegate or engine management problem resulting in a lack of boost. The fueling/mixture is fine. Does anyone know what the difference is between power expressed as PS (as in the handbook) and old fashioned BHP? Back to the dealer it goes but at least now I have a written report to prove that it's not just in my imagination - which is what the dealer was implying. Bloody annoying.

#22 CALYPSO_VXT

CALYPSO_VXT

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:02 AM

If you paid for the rolling road test make sure Picador give you the money back !

#23 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:18 AM

Does anyone know what the difference is between power expressed as PS (as in the handbook) and old fashioned BHP?

Copied from a post in tuning forum - cannot vouch for it's correctness but....1bhp=1.01387PS

#24 MarkH

MarkH

• Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 11:30 AM

And thanks sdixon for the update - it stopped me missing this thread which explains exactly what I too have experienced in the three weeks I've had my VXT. Between 3k and 4k revs there's a noticable drop in power, which then floods back in above 4k. At first I thought my right foot was getting scared all on its own and lifting off slightly, but now I'm more comfortable with the acceleration I know it's not that! As ever, the font of knowledge that is this forum have not only confirmed that what I though was a problem with me or my car is actually real, but also have provided explanations and cures. What a top bunch of people... this forum is surely yet another reason to by a VX. :P

#25 D.Criddle

D.Criddle

• 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:46 PM

Did anyone find out what the problem was as I have a problem now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users