• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#221 Adam_B

Adam_B

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:00 PM

Moorland Vauxhall in Blackpool are useless bought my car from them so the other week when the alternator belt started squeaking i rang them up to get it sorted as its under warranty. Its important to note that i know what a faulty fan belt sounds like and i told them exactly what i was bringin the car in for. Went up today for 9am and said i would wait for it, how long does it take? an hour tops right? Nope! 3 and a half hour later they tell me they dont have the belt in stock

#222 elrikos

elrikos

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:01 AM

Burnham Vauxhall, High Wycombe. Not had any service from there but ordered parts through them. Really up on the VX (even got promotional posters of it in the parts area). Really helpful in identifying parts and got them ordered quickly and at a good discount (£16 for rad header tank because "its a pretty car!"). Lovely group of guys who put in the time (much better than the monkeys in Aylesbury who refused to check their parts diagrams for the header tank as "we don't do VX parts, go to lotus". I did explain that its from an astra but was told to get the part number and come back to them!)

#223 mick1266

mick1266

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

Ryedale Garages Kirkbymoorside North Yorks Hello had this lot look at my 2002 NA for 20000 mile service and MOT. Also asked them to look at a windscreen leak and door rattle. They had the car all day 0830 till 1745hrs. Whilst waiting in reception I heard a conversation between the "Mechanic" and service manager which went along the lines of. Oh they all leak he sould not take it out in the rain, and the doors rattle on all of them. I challenged the service manager and he appologised for the "Mechanics" attitude. I promtly paid the 250 pounds charged and asked if I could order a relacement plastic seat belt anchorage cover. When I was asked if it was for the front or rear seats I decided to call it a day. I collected my car to find it covered in dirty handmarks internally with a partial foot print on the drivers seat. The service book was also covered in oil and the MOT recorded 4000 more miles than the car had covered. It took an hour of my time to return the cars interior to its before "service" condition.Neither fault had been rectified. I wrote a letter of complaint to which they have not bothered to reply. I purchased the car from NIDD VALE HARROGATE who are a much better outfit. Should have taken it there but it,s a 2 hour trek. Have now been recomended JUDE MOTORSPORT in Newcastle. You get dropped off at the Metro Center whilst your car is serviced and collected when requested. Sounds good and the two Elise owners I know swear by them.

#224 Adam_B

Adam_B

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

Moorland Vauxhall in Blackpool again, more useless Rear light cluster steaming up, so i ring and tell them, they say we need to see it before ok'ing a warranty claim. Fine i say, take it to them, its quite a drive from mine to them, about 35-40 mins on the motorway. So i get there and they tell me its not covered under warranty because its a trim part. Mow im not arsed there not going to change it under warranty, the thing that really fcuked me off was they made me drive all the way over there to tell me its not covered 'because its a trim part' FFS they could have said that over the phone!! argh! :(

#225 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:50 AM

Moorland Vauxhall in Blackpool again, more useless

Rear light cluster steaming up, so i ring and tell them, they say we need to see it before ok'ing a warranty claim. Fine i say, take it to them, its quite a drive from mine to them, about 35-40 mins on the motorway. So i get there and they tell me its not covered under warranty because its a trim part.

Mow im not arsed there not going to change it under warranty, the thing that really fcuked me off was they made me drive all the way over there to tell me its not covered 'because its a trim part' FFS they could have said that over the phone!! argh! :(

I had EXACTLY that from Brindleys (cannock) whilst still under Network Q cover!

I argued that as it was misted up so badly that you could not see the side lights and barely see the indicators it was an instant MOT falure i/e not fit for purpose, they still refused saying anyway the car did'nt need an MOT for another 18 months...

A quick call to trading standards and Thorney (thanks again John thumbsup ) confirmed I was in the right and suddenly when trading standards said they would take it up if I did not get it resolved that day, an offer of a replacement 'as a gesture of goodwill' was made...

and they still could not fit it straight when it arrived, I had to strip it down and do it properly when I got home :angry2:

Oh how I laughed when I got the letter from them asking me if I wanted to extend the warentee :beat:

#226 mick200

mick200

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

:rolleyes:

Edited by mick200, 27 November 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#227 Peggen

Peggen

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:33 AM

Hi, slightly off but still connected to the topic. I've bought a VX and looking for a company that can transport it to the harbor in Immingham and hand it over to DFDS for shipping. The car has no valid MOT so it must be in trailer, but it is fully operational and can be driven on and off the trailer etc. Everything of interest, must somebody professional and insured.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users