• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vxr36

vxr36

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

Hi, just parked up after a non eventful drive. I need to move the car now but it won't run. If I start the car it fires straight away (as usual) it momentarily runs at usual tickover for a second or so before pitering out. There is fuel in the tank and no EML. I did have it running for a bit longer once by feathering the throttle and gradually getting the revs up but as soon as I started to release the clutch it died to nothing. Any ideas would be grately appreciated. I am at home so no panic but it would be nice to get the car in the garage.

#2 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

Fuel pump possibly, throttle pot ?

#3 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, I'd say pump too. Throttle pot should trigger an eml. Do you hear the pump spin up when you turn the key? I recently found my relay had blown so might be worth checking that if your pump isnt working.

#4 vxr36

vxr36

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

I'll check that. I hear noises when I turn the key. The ignition seems to make a noise and also the chargecooler pot spins. I'll try and see if the two fuel pumps are going. The relay is in the boot, isn't it? Not sure how I check it is functioning. I don't have a spare relay. Is there another I can use?

#5 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

I'll check that. I hear noises when I turn the key. The ignition seems to make a noise and also the chargecooler pot spins. I'll try and see if the two fuel pumps are going. The relay is in the boot, isn't it? Not sure how I check it is functioning. I don't have a spare relay. Is there another I can use?

i do have some spare relays in case but will have to post it B)

#6 vxr36

vxr36

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

Problem resolved. There is a relay and fuse in the engine bay near the air box. This drives the secondary fuel pump. At some point in the past (it would seem the fuse holder had bee damaged). The fuse was loose. I pressed it home and hey presto. I'll get BoT to replace the holder next time it is in. Well done you clever boys! Problem solved in 30 mins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users