Vx220

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 JD VX220

JD VX220

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

Hi everyone! Im new to the site and I was hoping someone might be able to help me track down my next car. My mate has just purchased a VX220 for £6000 (a massive deal) and I was wondering if anyone new of anything similar? If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I think this will be a 'sensible' replacement for my motorbike! Thanks in advance John

#2 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

for 6000 i dont think you would be getting a great example, more of a 'fixa uppa' if you know what i mean.

#3 JD VX220

JD VX220

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

Yea I know what you mean. Think there will be one out there for me but I just need to find it :) J

#4 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

Gosh..£6,000's cheap. Welcome to the site and best of luck in your search John thumbsup .

#5 JD VX220

JD VX220

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

Thanks Iceman :) £6000 is a bit cheap but I can be pursuaded to go up to £7000 (if I sell a kidney). My mate has had his now for about a week now and he loves it. Still keeping my eyes on the forums so hopefully I will luck out. J

#6 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

£6250

#7 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

£6250

Is it me or does that look a bit low at the rear???

#8 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

it does look a bit low, also hes stated the power as 200bhp?

#9 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

For the forum's sake I'm going to see this car tomorrow, I very highly doubt I will buy it myself, as I'm not looking for one until about october time, but I've spoken to the owner, and he said it was Cat D, then when it was loaded onto a flatbed, the flatbed wasn't low enough, and damaged the sill. He said the front bumper needs repainting to make it mint again, as there's a scuff where the number plate is. Will take some pics and post them up!

#10 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

For the forum's sake I'm going to see this car tomorrow, I very highly doubt I will buy it myself, as I'm not looking for one until about october time, but I've spoken to the owner, and he said it was Cat D, then when it was loaded onto a flatbed, the flatbed wasn't low enough, and damaged the sill.

He said the front bumper needs repainting to make it mint again, as there's a scuff where the number plate is.

Will take some pics and post them up!

The other thing to bear in mind is THE VX DOESNT HAVE A FRONT BUMPER!

#11 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

That bit at the bottom then :P. Maybe he just doesn't know what it's called? The clam or something is it? Or is that something else completely...? I'm not up to date with all these VX'isms

#12 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

Went there today and Karl is a genuine guy, he was happy to show me around the car and take me out for a quick spin.

Drove lovely!

Took a couple more pics of it if you were interested, the reason it was a Cat D is because the sill was cracked when it was loaded onto a flatbed. Originally came from Adrian Blyth I think.

The last couple pics are of the only damage I could find on the car (a couple hundred at most to sort out), bar the normal odd stone chips due to age.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:49 AM

You going for it then Seb??? :poke: Dont forget to use the tax as bartering its only got a few days left. Also what exhaust is that? The tail pipes dont look standard?

#14 aron916

aron916

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:56 AM

Looks like the VSE to me! chinky chinky

#15 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

Afraid I will be possibly holding out until tickious sells his IF I can come up with the money, as it's 2k more... it's something that's got me thinking though! I could get a loan for that one right now if I wanted, but I don't trust myself with the responsibility of paying it back. Though two thousand for a 20 year old is more than it sounds! I'm pretty sure it is a VSE as well, as it was much louder than standard system, the current owner hadn't put it on though! Must have been done previously.

#16 styles

styles

Thunder Lips

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts
  • Interests:Running the VX on a £5'er..... :-P

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:20 PM

Go on seb!! Get on it!!! :lol:

#17 dave_nixon

dave_nixon

• 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:10 PM

Hi everyone! Im new to the site and I was hoping someone might be able to help me track down my next car. My mate has just purchased a VX220 for £6000 (a massive deal) and I was wondering if anyone new of anything similar?

If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I think this will be a 'sensible' replacement for my motorbike!

Thanks in advance

John

Hi i maybe able to help you, i recently perchased a 2003 '53' with 25,000 miles, but due to being relocated to new zealand with work i have to sell my pride and joy.
Unfortunately on the way back from buying a digital camera i came off the road and hit the curb. I had an estimate from the garage who said it would cost between 550-600, but due to lack off time (im leaving in 2 1/2 weeks) i have no time.
So would you be interested?
Im looking for around £7,000 but i am open to offers.

Does this interest you/

Dave

#18 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hi everyone! Im new to the site and I was hoping someone might be able to help me track down my next car. My mate has just purchased a VX220 for £6000 (a massive deal) and I was wondering if anyone new of anything similar?

If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I think this will be a 'sensible' replacement for my motorbike!

Thanks in advance

John

Hi i maybe able to help you, i recently perchased a 2003 '53' with 25,000 miles, but due to being relocated to new zealand with work i have to sell my pride and joy.
Unfortunately on the way back from buying a digital camera i came off the road and hit the curb. I had an estimate from the garage who said it would cost between 550-600, but due to lack off time (im leaving in 2 1/2 weeks) i have no time.

Does this interest you/

Dave

Post up some pictures with your new camera and he can see ;)

#19 dave_nixon

dave_nixon

• 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:51 PM

Thanks in advance

John

Does this interest you/

Dave

That would probably help lol.

Attached Files

#20 dave_nixon

dave_nixon

• 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

Thanks in advance

John

Does this interest you/

Dave

That would probably help lol.

There is another photo but due to my computer skills or lack of them i cannot upload the other,
if you or anyone else is interested give me a call on 07906 736318

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users