• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Boss VX

Boss VX

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

Yes it got cracked on one of my few long journeys on friday at 40mph :blink: . Slightly chuffed as my silver one is losing its colour at the top. Im obviously keen on the vxr black one but also keen on the heated screen 182 Ian fitted recently. I drive the car all year and the fogged/frozen screen is probably the worst thing about the car. Anyone know any heated screen fitters in gloustershire/south-west area? I know sinclairs in essex do it but a bit far. Wanna give my insurance company some suggestions!!

#2 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

depends on the insurer and what scam... oops "deal" they have with their approved screen fitters. EG Admiral and Autoglass a screen costs £200 so getting a heated one will cost the difference (despite if you want to do it without insurance AG will charge you £1K for the same plain screen!!!! fuckers) its worth having a chat with the insurers and see what they would be charged vs the £350ish from blacklands engineering for the heated item.

#3 Boss VX

Boss VX

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

Well im with competition car insurance who use Aviva. Firstly Aviva said my cap was £125 :blink: This was gladly a mistake but CCA said my cap was £500 but try it on with Aviva if i wish. This posed a problem as sinclairs want just shy of 1K to fit the heated screen! Anyway, Sinclairs have sent the quote to aviva minus the extra cost for heated screen and elec fitting so probably more like £800. Fingers crossed it goes through but I feel its a 50/50 chance. I guess they should do it as sinclairs have just quoted for a normal screen replacement and i doubt they are far off from an autoglass quote. Wait and see :tumble:

#4 182ian

182ian

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:05 PM

Any Luck??

#5 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

Sinc sharge £650 for fitting a fcuking screen?!?!?!??! robbing fucks. The screen itself is "only" £350 from blacklands engineering.

#6 theolodian

theolodian

Recovering VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:45 PM

Sinc sharge £650 for fitting a fcuking screen?!?!?!??! robbing fucks.

The screen itself is "only" £350 from blacklands engineering.

:yeahthat: Normal fitting labor charge for me locally is £65+VAT I'm sure that it would be a bit more for a heated screen, but still!

#7 Boss VX

Boss VX

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

No news yet so hopefully no news is good news. I am worried they will look at the quote and throw it out. Does the £350 screen come with black surround? It does from sinclairs. i wonder if they insist on autoglas (or similar) to do the job they could be asked to do the heated screen instead? Obviously I would need to sort the electrical side of things. Will keep u all posted.

#8 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

unfortunately all the heated screens dont come with ANY surround.... sincs myst either have some supplier for the surround (you cant buy them on their own) or they take yours off in one piece and paint it.

#9 Muncher

Muncher

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

unfortunately all the heated screens dont come with ANY surround.... sincs myst either have some supplier for the surround (you cant buy them on their own) or they take yours off in one piece and paint it.

Yep, will be intereting to see how they do it. Autoglass fitted mine but I did all the donkey work with the surround and the wiring/relay.

#10 Boss VX

Boss VX

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

Sincs deffo said it will come with the black VXR surround so I guess they have a useful contact there!

#11 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:07 PM

would be worth asking sinclares if they sell the suround on own? maybe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users