Question For Minime Or Anyone With Modding Advice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Paul T (Guest)

Guest_Paul T (Guest)

Posted 02 April 2003 - 07:49 AM

:D Minime, I'm looking to start modding my VX. If i go for the stage 2 from Regal (ECU re-map, plugs and K&N) what kind of improved performance should i expect and is there anything else i should be doing at the same time???? Any help very much appreciated, just wanting to make my VX grin that bit bigger!! Paul.

#2 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Staying afloat!

Posted 02 April 2003 - 08:43 AM

Paul, Take a look at the Exhaust Systems thread under this Tuning/Mods section. In particular Rickys comments on the last page. I was asking similar questions. Jim

#3 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 08:56 AM

Also check out Minime's What To Do First thread in this section.

#4 R3D VX

R3D VX

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 11:25 AM

Get that pre-cat out! it just blocks the exhaust.

#5 Guest_Paul T (Guest)

Guest_Paul T (Guest)

Posted 02 April 2003 - 12:25 PM

:D R3D VX, I am quite keen to get the pre cat removed, i've read your previous post, but how much real difference will i notice when driving???? Paul. cheers

Edited by Paul T, 02 April 2003 - 12:26 PM.

#6 Guest_Paul T (Guest)

Guest_Paul T (Guest)

Posted 02 April 2003 - 12:28 PM

Jim (waverunner), Have read the previous posts as recommended, still not sure the correct order to mod in. Only wanted for fast road use, the quicker the better for me!! Paul.

#7 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 01:33 PM

Paul, Minime is probably your expect on this. He's down at Castle Coombe today for a track day with his moded VX against the turbo Thorneys been loaned, and I think a standard VX too. The results should be very interesting. Anyway, here's my thoughts and Minime will put us both right if I'm wrong. 1. Fit Regal's exhaust and K&N induction kit. I'll change the front and rear pads at the same time. 2. Next will come the sports cat and exhaust manifold. As I understand it by changing to the sports cat you lose the pre cat anyway. 3. Last will be the inlet manifold and then, because all the other engine mods are done, I'll get the engine re-mapped. 4. If I'm feeling flushed later I'll switch to the Spax set-up. That's the plan as it stands. If the first two give me the road performance I'm happy with then I'll get the engine re-mapped at that time and stop there. Hope this helps - Over to you Minime. Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users