• Please log in to reply
967 replies to this topic

#961 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:23 AM

hope the sightseeing tour when well for Vix :)

#962 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

What great fun that was, all four tracks wet and dry driving at all but Abbeville, quality chinky chinky

Edited by The Knobs, 06 April 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#963 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

How did the Striker and the new engine hold up? Enjoy the SC power?

#964 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:57 PM

How did the Striker and the new engine hold up? Enjoy the SC power?

Mental!!!! It is pretty quick :o with the balance and handling to match, pity about the idiot driving it :lol: . No problems and ran as sweet as a nut except when i let an Elise racer out in it and the throttle was opening the harder he braked, hence the 3 spins in his first lap. Turned out the brake bias bar was catching on the end of the throttle pedal. 30 mins and a big hammer, sorted. It will be interesting to see how it gets on against the hyper power vx brigade, but it is pretty rapid.

#965 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

Excellent. Glad it survived what sounds like one hell of a shakedown weekend. Fingers crossed on the reliability side of things. thumbsup Somehow don't think anything less than a 350bhp and mega-torque VX is going to give you too much of a problem. Do you know the weight since the engine swap and the Rotrex gubbins went on/in?

#966 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:38 PM

I will get it weighed but i would guess around 550 kilos

#967 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

glad you had some good time tim we had to abort and stay in uk :(
lucky for some but le mans soon :P

#968 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

hope the sightseeing tour when well for Vix :)

Quite a mixed bag, thanks. Nasty run down to Spa in sh*t weather, standing water on a couple of stretches of E40 motorway and some bad pot holes which I managed to find - so much for the new geo! thumbsdown
On the day of the intended trackday we pottered upto Francorchamps to try and see what was going on but although it had been good weather in the morning, it started to sleet so we gave up! I can't recommend the Best Western in Spa, very noisy and we didn't get a whole lot of sleep.

Decent drive to Coucy le Château Auffrique for Folembray. Stayed in the Belle Vue hotel within the ramparts of a medieval castle. Had a good if not particularly fast run round Folembray once it had dried out a bit. I discovered when we broke for lunch at 11.30am that I should have put my watch forward an hour on exiting the tunnel, 3 days earlier! Hey ho! :lol:
I really enjoy this track and would do it again. Good to catch up with Tim.

Then headed off to Saint Valery sur Somme (mind the cobbles) for a couple of days by the seaside! Good drive down in dry weather and we capped the week off with the roof off, brilliant sunshine and ice cream on the beach at Le Crotoy.
chinky chinky
PS I heard varying reports on the likely date for re-opening Spa from 19 April (from an optimistic if desolate hotel manager) to several months away. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users