21 replies to this topic

#1 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Posted Image

This is my next project as the z22se ecu is still not cracked so looks like I need a standalone to get the best out of the car,
I got a DTA S40 along with a loom but JUST need to put them together.

so watch this space...

anyone done a z22se loom before?

#2 rcvaughan

rcvaughan

Ex-VXer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Work cars: Play cars

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Yay! Glad to see you doing some more pioneering! :D ::Watches with great anticipation:: :groupjump:

#3 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

Will be watching with interest. thumbsup

#4 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:25 PM

Interested as always, keep us posted thumbsup

#5 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:44 AM

Nick a very good friend does all that standalone ECU installing / setting up etc etc. If you need give him a shout and mention myself.

http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php

VERY VERY good at what he does and also very reasonble ;)

Good luck with it :)

#6 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

Nick a very good friend does all that standalone ECU installing / setting up etc etc. If you need give him a shout and mention myself.

http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php

VERY VERY good at what he does and also very reasonble ;)

Good luck with it :)

Thanks Duncan appreciated chinky chinky

Just been looking at their site, its good.

Edited by NickB777, 13 November 2009 - 12:39 PM.

#7 mandarinvx

mandarinvx

King of First Replies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

Have you spoken to Paul at PSR about mapping the OEM ECU? May be worth a call :)

#8 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:47 PM

Might be worth chatting to Rik. He did a megasquirt one a while back.

#9 rcvaughan

rcvaughan

Ex-VXer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Work cars: Play cars

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:04 PM

Are you going to get some addition gauges for inlet temps, oil temp, oil pressure, CC temps and you will need a normal engine coolant temp one too right? (I have a split fire temp gauge and sensor for sale).

#10 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

Are you going to get some addition gauges for inlet temps, oil temp, oil pressure, CC temps and you will need a normal engine coolant temp one too right? (I have a split fire temp gauge and sensor for sale).

he wan't digital :lol:

#11 james141

james141

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:07 PM

chinky chinky good luck

#12 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:54 PM

Nick, if you want a hand etc just give me a shout. I lurve DTA :)

#13 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

I have most gauges already but thanks, Opps forgot to check about the room sorry :o

Have you spoken to Paul at PSR about mapping the OEM ECU? May be worth a call

No but Jon has been going at this for some time and looks like were nearly at the end of the oem one without the Damos file it's really just not possible to control all the parameters

Nick, if you want a hand etc just give me a shout. I lurve DTA :)

Thanks Mate, appreciated, you ready to give me a price for that other thing yet ;)

I know this might be a tad late considering Ibrought a DTA and am getting all the stuff needed for it BUT that EFI looks good, I am trying to find out if it has FBW.

Would save me a load of hassle

#14 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

No but Jon has been going at this for some time and looks like were nearly at the end of the oem one without the Damos file it's really just not possible to control all the parameters

I know this might be a tad late considering Ibrought a DTA and am getting all the stuff needed for it BUT that EFI looks good, I am trying to find out if it has FBW.

Last week I met with the dutch guy Peter that hacked the Z22SE ecu and read out my SC mapping. (That basically is the same as the DBilas mapping on their turbo converted cars, wich has altered fuel/ign. tables for the bigger MAP sensor and injectors + higher rpm & speed limit.)
Problem is that nothing is changed in the ECU's operating system and it still bases fuel delivery on the throttle position and the MAP sensor is used for ignition advance. Not something you want on a boosted engine and that probably is the cause of the current problems in higher HP builds...
For his own future SC build Peter wants to change this ecu to a MAP referenced system, but for now we need to find other solutions.

With the current $ value, HP-tuners seems a very good option for the original LSJ P12 ecu + loom that I have lying around here. And as a close friend recently bought a Speedster too, which I undoubtly have to supercharge, we can split the costs of the program. :glare:

Like to see the results of the DTA, but maybe I would have opted for the 60 version which can do 4 cylinder full sequential injection.
thumbsup

#15 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Thia was the reply from Chris at EFI

Hi Nick

Not many ECU's can control FBW, and the Adaptronic cannot either unfortunately, so a cable throttle would be required.

Yes, loom is possible but I need to have access to all of the engine's sensors, or if that isn't possible then data sheets on the sensors you are using, so that the loom can be made with the correct connectors and the correct wiring, etc. Also required dimensions (lengths from ECU to each sensor) is required.

Yes, 7-1 should be no problem, as long as the trigger has 6 evenly spaced "teeth" with one missing. The ECU can accept either digital (hall sensor, optical, etc) inputs or the more common VR (variable reluctor, magnetic) type of input. Alternatively, a simple 36-1 wheel on the bottom crank pulley with a universal sensor will work fine.

Regards, Chris

"The 6 evenly spaced" won't apply to use then so still an external wheel required. worth an email though

I did look at HP tuners, but I wanted all the support to come from this side of the pond if possible.

I also would have opted for the S60 but this was one cheap and worth a go as a first attempt IMHO

#16 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

the z22se crank has a 5+2 trigger wheel :wacko:

#17 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

very easy to knock that up thumbsup

#18 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

paul @ rstuning knows the guy who programmed the original z22se ecu, he was speaking to him on the phone when i was there, could this guy be of any help?

#19 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

paul @ rstuning knows the guy who programmed the original z22se ecu, he was speaking to him on the phone when i was there, could this guy be of any help?

You can say that again PM sent

#20 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

very easy to knock that up thumbsup

There is a little package on it's way it hold a load of cable and an plug, could I please have it back fully made up :lol:

Thanks seriously Neil, I am about to order all the connectors, + realise I called the crank a 7-1 rather than a 5+2 either way still don't think it will work with the OEM wheel. :( I should have sent him a picture instead..

Edited by NickB777, 13 November 2009 - 07:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users