Vx Full Carpet Set

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#461 number-1

number-1

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 03:00 PM

Can you PM me payment details fred for a set for my VXT.

#462 number-1

number-1

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 July 2021 - 04:24 PM

Anyone fitted these to a VXT.......did you remove the pax foot rest or cut it short?? I know the answer is within the 2 pages but cant be arsed to read :)

#463 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• 846 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 05:29 PM

Anyone fitted these to a VXT.......did you remove the pax foot rest or cut it short?? I know the answer is within the 2 pages but cant be arsed to read :)

And no one else can be arsed to tell you, so get off your arse and read!   :gayfight:

#464 number-1

number-1

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 06:04 PM

i tried removing the foot rest but the bolts just span so cut short. To be honest....i was very disappointed with the carpet that was sent. Lots of frayed edges. Not much fitted. If i hadn't already cut a couple of bits i would have sent it back for a refund. I know there's a few good reviews however i wouldn't recommend.

#465 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 08:21 PM

Sad to see my first negative post in 11 years of these selling. I'd have happily refunded you in full if you had contacted me buddy.

If you cut any carpet it will fray, but if fitted correctly following the 3 page instructions, you won't see any edges.

The only way around it would be to bound the edges, this would add about £100 onto the cost of the kits and they would look like large mats not a fitted carpet.

It does say that they may need minor trimming. Every car is hand built so a few mm, sometimes even a cm or so out.

Thanks

#466 Tupperware

Tupperware

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:38 PM

Hi Fred, thinking of getting a set for this winter. Could you pm me details and pricing please? Thank you!

#467 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• 846 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:27 AM

Sad to see my first negative post in 11 years of these selling. I'd have happily refunded you in full if you had contacted me buddy.

If you cut any carpet it will fray, but if fitted correctly following the 3 page instructions, you won't see any edges.

The only way around it would be to bound the edges, this would add about £100 onto the cost of the kits and they would look like large mats not a fitted carpet.

It does say that they may need minor trimming. Every car is hand built so a few mm, sometimes even a cm or so out.

Thanks

For the price you charge for the carpets I really struggle to see what there is to complain about. But then these days everyone wants to buy cheap and then complain when it ain't the best of the best.

My VX came with your carpets fitted and as you say, once properly fitted they look OEM, whereas they would always look after market with bound edges.

#468 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:33 PM

Thankyou C8RKH. I make about a tenner a set on these, if that. I have to order, collect the carpet from the supplier, cut, package, arrange postage, drop off to the collection shop. If I include my fuel, I'm making half that!

They're really not worth the hassle to be honest as the price of carpet has shot up, but I know many members want them so I make them for anyone who asks.

I enjoy coming on here still and seeing the updates despite moving away from VX220s a long time ago, so if I see a message in here or a PM, I do my best to reply.

Not to bothered about the above comment, Maybe some frustrations regarding failed removal of the footrest and then cutting the carpet short? Entitled to that opinion though, and as mentioned, would have resolved any issues had I been contacted. No hard feelings from me :)

#469 sworks

sworks

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:04 AM

HI Fred, would you mind PM'ing me with details about how to buy a set etc. form you if ok?

Thanks

Chris

#470 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:13 AM

Tupperware / Chris - Both PM'd.

Thanks 👌

#471 richardhowe

richardhowe

• 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 08:51 PM

Hi Fred, please PM details as I’d like to purchase a carpet set? Thanks

#472 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 October 2021 - 07:40 PM

PM sent.

I currently have 3 sets in stock precut at the moment so can post straight away, rather than a week to get stock in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users