#1 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 05 April 2003 - 05:43 AM

I had a good long chat with a Andrew Walsh from 1stLotus.com at the North Weald event (see events section) and a good chat with Stu at Vauxhall, a couple of interesting things emerged. Firstly you CAN get Toyo Proxes T1-S on the standard rims in 195 cross section for the front - easy first step to getting rid of some understeer. Secondly, I'm going to work with Andrew with regards looking at Nitron suspension as a possible alternative to Spax (not that Spax is crap, but it would be good to have a choice for everyone). Thirdly, Vauxhall will be bringing out the Sprint (hardly fresh news) but Sprint spec upgrade kits will be made available to VXT owners,we might have to wait until next year though. The kits will be suspension/brakes/interior/power for the VXT and should also fit NA VX (not the power one obviously). Also talk of new wheel upgrades too to go along with suspension. Nothing completely confirmed yet and details subject to change, but I'll keep everyone updated on the Nitron situation as I learn more.

#2 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 08:09 AM

Sounds like good news Thorney - keep us posted :) John.

#3 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 05 April 2003 - 11:14 AM

Vauxhall will be bringing out the Sprint

suspension/brakes/interior/power

talk of new wheel upgrades too

Nothing completely confirmed yet and details subject to change

As you are nearer the source than most of us, perhaps you could give a few pointers based on what you've already found out:

Any indication of when the Sprint will be available, what will be standard kit over the VXT spec. and what options there will be?

I'm just thinking that if an all-in package is put together for the Sprint, it will be worth considering for us VXN/A owners to buy the Sprint as an off-the-shelf "Terminator" track-tool rather than invest in replacing all the items on the N/A.

Depends, of course, what the Sprint will include and at what price and also what will be offered only as pay-more options. I'm thinking 4-point harness and seats, different rims, brake specification, adjustable suspension, etc. not just the trivia like sill-covers and different badges. Could be a very interesting proposal.

Furthermore, any idea how many they envisage making at the moment. Are we talking only about 30 cars, VX/Speedster together, to give exclusivity or will it be built-to-order according to demand. Wouldn't want to miss it if I decided it was the way to go. :)

#4 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 05 April 2003 - 12:47 PM

The only thing that was very clear is that we aren't likely to see either the Sprint or any potential upgrade packages until next year :unsure: and even then is was a 'hopeful' date. The reason I asked was that if it was soon I'd cancel the VXT and wait - the short answer is don't as it will be ages and ages away and any upgrade packages should be a cost effective method of upgrading. Put it this way, the Vauxhall route should be a good one but I can't wait over a year so I'll be going with Nitron/Spax etc etc. Also, note my comments at the bottom, none of this is remotely official and could all change, but is a bit more than just rumour.

#5 Jase_MK

Jase_MK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 07:01 AM

Has anyone got a piccy of the Sprint? - just interested in what the wheels look like etc. Had a quick look through the gallery but couldn't see anything. cheers Jase

#6 goofballs

goofballs

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 07:48 AM

Thorney, There are no toyo t1-s tyres that are 195 and fit 17" rims on their UK web site. Did he mention the specific tyre specifications ? cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users