• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Its in. Needs a redesign but that can wait another 3 years :lol: Its working, its working TOO well :) I've not done a long drive to work it out, but with the way I've set the bypass up its still blowing hot air with the valve fully open to skip the rad. Atleast its got warm air now (well handy now the crap weather is upon us :lol:) So I'll work on a redesign of the enclosure, work on the bypass pipework to make it a) prettier and B) work better. and add the speed resistors as its only got full bore at the moment

#22 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:cars. sci-fi, rum, bass, sheds, making stuff, fixing other stuff (mainly plastic vauxhalls) and other geeky bloke stuff

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

the offer of vac forming still stands thumbsup (its only a small school spec vac former, bed approx 400x200) normally use 2mm High Impact styrene but might be able to do 3mm ABS TIP

#23 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

the offer of vac forming still stands thumbsup (its only a small school spec vac former, bed approx 400x200)

normally use 2mm High Impact styrene but might be able to do 3mm ABS

TIP

Cheers for that :) Will play with designs and work something out

#24 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:40 AM

hmmmm It appears to be 'too' good :lol: with the valve closed to push all the coolant into the matrix the engine temperature goes from its usual 86-87deg to 90deg rather fast then I can only guess the thermostat opens up and it drops to 83-84deg and rises again to 90 (repeat). This is while moving too. So I can only assume that I'm taking too much heat out of the cooling system and the return for the heater lines is near the thermostat meaning it gets cold, closes up and increases engine temp and so on, because with the valve open to 'bypass' the matrix the engine temp is back to its usual 86-86deg all the time. Who said the std matrix was crap hey :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users