• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 theolodian

theolodian

Recovering VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

The original gearbox for my NA has a broken bellhousing, but is otherwise perfect. I installed an Astra 2.2 gearbox to replace it. However, in the meantime I ended up with a spare Vectra 2.2 gearbox. Would the bellhousing from that work on the VX gearbox? It looks like it should. If so then I might keep the VX gearbox and maybe do a 4.17 final drive this winter and change the bellhousing then. Otherwise unless someone wants it it is all going in the bin. Cheers.

#2 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

depends on year i believe.. i had a vectra/signum bell housing which was for a dual flywheel so no good to us astra bell housing should be good though! if you measure from the centre to top of the bell housing then i can do the same with a spare NA box i got in the garage if you like?

#3 Paulus H

Paulus H

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Interests:I really appreciate my car. I have piled on 100,000 miles in 8 years of ownership. I still love every day I get in it

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Sorry I have to ask.... How did you break a bellhousing???

#4 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Sorry I have to ask....

How did you break a bellhousing???

un do all the bolts, give it a tap with a hammer

#5 theolodian

theolodian

Recovering VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

It must have caught the kerb in the hedge incident. I have both in the same box, so if it looks the same it is the same? I was worried there was some fiddly difference because it looked the same to me last I checked but then Vocky said something about them not being compatable.

#6 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

not sure to be honest! on my box's the slave cylinder sat 13mm further into the box than it did on the vx

#7 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:09 PM

the vectra B F23 gearbox has a front mounting point, the vx220/astra/zafira have a top mounting point instead so thats why the vectra gearbox doesn't fit the vx :rolleyes: So yes you can fit the bellhousing from the vectra B 2.2 F23 onto the broken vx220 gearbox to make a good box thumbsup ps: the vectra C is a dualmass F23 gearbox, this bellhousing is no good, but it does have the top mounting point so can fit the vx if the bellhousing is swapped for a vx item :wacko:

Edited by vocky, 12 July 2010 - 07:12 PM.

#8 theolodian

theolodian

Recovering VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

So yes you can fit the bellhousing from the vectra B 2.2 F23 onto the broken vx220 gearbox to make a good box thumbsup

So how long is the waiting list for the 4.17 swaps you are doing? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users