• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 14500rpm

14500rpm

• PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Boobs, Cars. Motorcycles.

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

I know this has been done before but I'm not sure what exactly you need to change - is it just the wheel bearing assembly (i.e. four of THESE) or do you need to change the upright as well?

Posted Image

I have four 4x100 OZ Superleggras kicking about that might go on, centrebore not withstanding. Much weight to be saved and cheaper tyres too, whats not to like? chinky chinky

EDIT: would need new brake discs too.

Edited by 14500rpm, 19 July 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#2 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Yep, just the S2 hub/bearing packs and new discs.

#3 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

And only the Exige and Toyota engined Elise wheels will be a like for like replacement - the offsets are within a couple of mm of the VX wheels. The rear wheel offset on the K-series Elise is about 20mm difference iirc. I used to have a note of all the wheel offsets, but can't lay my hands on it now. It's been a while now since I discussed this with Thorney, but I'm sure a trial fit of K-series spec alloys resulted in the tyres fouling the rear outer arches. Quite a few VXs running S2 Exige wheels without any problems. If you can be bothered wading through the huge list of posts generated by the search function, it was discussed at length 4 years or so ago. Cyberman, JawZ and Jim Mitch all had Exige wheels and posted photos and reviews.

Edited by garyk220, 19 July 2010 - 11:08 PM.

#4 14500rpm

14500rpm

• PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Boobs, Cars. Motorcycles.

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for your replies chaps, I've tweaked my search a bit and found a few threads. I have a set of immaculate 15in OZ Superleggras kicking about in 4x100 / 35mm offset (TBC) which I think would look nice and save a lot of weight, tyres will be reasonable too, although I would have to get some spacers if I did go for it. I don't really like the look of the Team Dynamics wheels and theres already someone round the corner from me with a set on a black VXT :lol:

#5 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

I have a set of immaculate 15in OZ Superleggras kicking about in 4x100 / 35mm offset (TBC)

Should fit straight on the rears then thumbsup

You may need a 5mm spacer for the fronts to prevent the inner tyre wall fouling on the chassis rail on full lock, but no harm in mounting them first to check for clearance. My wheels are 7" wide and 36mm offset front and rear and I initially fitted a 5mm spacer on the front to prevent the 205/50x16 A539 tyres fouling. I've since switched to 195/60x16 A048R tyres now and don't need the spacer. So you may get away without one.

The ideal offset is around 36mm on rear and 26-31 on front. Exige front offset is 31mm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users