A - 1 On the injectors

#42 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:Provoking Badgers

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

i didnt either, but am really trying to try everything :) any tips on how to swap wires out on the ecu, there is a pinch on wire 31, but its right up close to the conector and therefore i have no spare to cut, strip and solder... tips please? can i push out the wire from the other side and reuse the internal connector?

Edited by davemate, 25 August 2010 - 02:18 PM.

#43 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

i didnt either, but am really trying to try everything :)

any tips on how to swap wires out on the ecu, there is a pinch on wire 31, but its right up close to the conector and therefore i have no spare to cut, strip and solder... tips please?

can i push out the wire from the other side and reuse the internal connector?

You can usually buy a new terminal (vehiclewiringproducts) then just shorten up the wire a touch if its that close to the terminal. You shouls find a little latch in the terminal that you'll need to push to release it. Its small and fiddly but do-able.

#44 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

dont know what we have done, but fiddingand adusting has brought the TB to the right position on starting, and the throttle position problems have cleared..... now we are getting no fuel! the fuel pmp is priming but we cant get anything out of the injectors.. (it has 14 litres of fuel in it) Codes generated now are: -absolutely nothing, no error codes at all! any ideas what would cause no fuelling, but no error codes? we have swapped the injectors over and back again on the of chance. no ideas now. soooo close!

#45 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

got a hint of fuel through, charging the battery fully now as it feels so darn close. -dont think i can takedissapointment right now- wish me luck :)

#46 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

wish me luck :)

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

#47 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:25 PM

:( injectors are puffing away but nofuel coming out of them. no error codes. now going to check the fuel filter and see what that looks like. any sugestions or advice welcome at this point!

#48 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

Can you tell if the fuel pump is running? Fuel pump reset switch reset? Fuel pump relay working? Fuses okay?

#49 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

can you remind mewhat it should sound like? (fuel pump) -fuel cut off swich is depressed -all fuses are intact. -relay is ok, and swapped over with another one just in case. we have had fuel out if it before, so some gremilin is travelling around in there...

Edited by davemate, 25 August 2010 - 05:38 PM.

#50 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

sounds very similar to my problems when i done mine and it was my t/b wiring. Diconect the main fuel line on the fuel rail and turn ignition on if fuel is coming out all ok there. Have you looked at the buterfly opening and closing when you put pedale down is it working the correct way not backwards?

#51 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:00 PM

-news! fiddled with the relay and it is now priming the fuel pump and there is now fuel going through the system (pressed the little valve and fuel squirted out)... it just isnt coming out if the injectors when trying to start up. gah! going to swap the wires over on the injectors see what that does.

#52 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
    getting p!!sed

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

-news!

fiddled with the relay and it is now priming the fuel pump and there is now fuel going through the system (pressed the little valve and fuel squirted out)... it just isnt coming out if the injectors when trying to start up. gah!

going to swap the wires over on the injectors see what that does.

Doesnt matter what way round you wire injectors they will still work i recon its your t/b wiring :closedeyes:

#53 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

i will chect the tb wiring again :( its getting fuel in th rail, its just not coming through the injctor themselves, although they are puffing air- if they are puffing ai, does this not imply that the tb wiring is ok???

#54 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
    getting p!!sed

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:31 PM

No my injectors where buzzing and sort of working but still didnt fire trouble is if you have mooved the wires on the t/b wrong it will be hard to find out what ones are wrong as some are the same colour :beat:

#55 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:48 PM

we trased back the wiredfrom the tb all the way bck to the ecu individal numbered wires (as per a vocky post). any idea why they would spurt air out rather than the fuel that is in the rail??? -thanks for the reply by the way :)

#56 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

Perhaps rail draining back and not being primed sufficiently. I had the non-return valves fail in my pump when I SC'd mine. It'd prime, fuel at the valve but an absolute arse to start. Try turning the key to prime the pump (listen for it stopping), turn off and repeat 5 or 6 times listening for the pump starting and stopping each time. Then press the button. Let us know how that works out.

#57 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

thanks! reassurig that these problems happened elsewhere. the irst injector wasnt pumping anywhere near as much air as therest so we have taken this off turned out it wasnt as good a connection as the rest. good call on the priming, tried it 2 maybe 3 times to prime but will give it more juice. did you replace your return valve in the end- was it actually at fault, and contiue to fail or was it ok once it was fully primied?

#58 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

thanks! reassurig that these problems happened elsewhere.

the irst injector wasnt pumping anywhere near as much air as therest so we have taken this off turned out it wasnt as good a connection as the rest. good call on the priming, tried it 2 maybe 3 times to prime but will give it more juice.

did you replace your return valve in the end- was it actually at fault, and contiue to fail or was it ok once it was fully primied?

Once primed it ran fine but I had to do this every time I started it. New pump job on mine.

#59 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

One way to check this would be to turn it on and prime the pump. Press the valve. The jet of fuel should clear the side of the car! Prime it again then turn off and leave it until the next day. This time dont prime it. Press the valve and you should get the same jet of fuel. It should keep pressure for a good few days. If the pressure is gone on day 2 then you might have a problem.

#60 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

Enough frustrations today :( List for tomorrow: Check tb butterfly Fuel pressure Prime a few times Fuel coming out of the line Other than needing multiple primes, any other reasons why is may have fuel through the line, yes the injectors pushing air? Where would be a prime air leak in the system? -thanks for all the replies again today, it all really helps to get responses and ideas of what to check, means I am less likely to miss something; there are only so many ways I can look at this without going blind to it :) -while checking, what is the correct tb start up sequence and how would I know it's wired in reverse?

Edited by davemate, 25 August 2010 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users