• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

Okay all, So I am about to order myself a replacement cable for the soft top on the car as the old one has died. And apologies to Eliz, it will be the slightly more expensive OEM one as for some reason I feel that way inclined! However I have created a temporary fix for mine at the moment, but would like to have a bit of an investigation into making a different style again myself.... Not to sell on, but as a bit of a project to keep my mind working as it may help with my winter warmer kit I am creating. So if anyone has some broken cables (especially the adjustable ends) I would be most grateful if I could have/purchase them from you!

#2 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

Okay all,

So I am about to order myself a replacement cable for the soft top on the car as the old one has died. And apologies to Eliz, it will be the slightly more expensive OEM one as for some reason I feel that way inclined!

However I have created a temporary fix for mine at the moment, but would like to have a bit of an investigation into making a different style again myself.... Not to sell on, but as a bit of a project to keep my mind working as it may help with my winter warmer kit I am creating.

So if anyone has some broken cables (especially the adjustable ends) I would be most grateful if I could have/purchase them from you!

need to look in my pile of junk :P

#3 drpau

drpau

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

Does your winter warmer kit use foam? Courtesy elise I had a while back had something like this tucked between the roofbars and the canvas, was covered in alcantara IIRC.

#4 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

Does your winter warmer kit use foam? Courtesy elise I had a while back had something like this tucked between the roofbars and the canvas, was covered in alcantara IIRC.

Not foam. Warmer, less squeaky (I don't do foam or polystyrene) and works well for removing wind noise from the roof on the motorway. Cheap as chips too.Posted Image

Plus, with a little help from her mother I might be able to make these as a quick fit system and then will start producing these properly.

Edited by Mangham54, 14 October 2010 - 08:36 PM.

#5 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:24 PM

I have something like that as well. Discovered it in my hardtop bag. Feels like it's a very thin but dense foam of some sort (maybe neoprene or similar) and is covered in alcantara. Tucks in above the supports and inserts just above the side rails, so you can roll it up with the roof if you're careful. Should probably dig it out of wherever it currently is as I've never used it and you just reminded me of it's existence.

#6 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

I have something like that as well. Discovered it in my hardtop bag. Feels like it's a very thin but dense foam of some sort (maybe neoprene or similar) and is covered in alcantara. Tucks in above the supports and inserts just above the side rails, so you can roll it up with the roof if you're careful. Should probably dig it out of wherever it currently is as I've never used it and you just reminded me of it's existence.

Just make sure you loosen the soft top adjusters first as it will mean that the soft top is pulled extra tight!

#7 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:55 AM

Just make sure you loosen the soft top adjusters first as it will mean that the soft top is pulled extra tight!

Replacement cable was in stock at Christopher Neils £32+VAT and is on it's way to me... however I still want the broken bit people have please! thumbsup

#8 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

I may have some when my car comes back. Keep bugging me about it.

#9 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

I may have some when my car comes back. Keep bugging me about it.

Awesome, had to collect (from Forumla One Lotus this morning) another after a rather cold journey up the A1 yesterday as the front kept lifting just enough on the motorway to give a nice fresh breaze at eye level.

The spares would be great though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users