• Please log in to reply
465 replies to this topic

#101 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:28 AM

Whilst invigilating an exam I thought I would give you a quick update. All the first batch of liners have been posted... Was at the central depot this Morning at 7:30AM, but they wouldn't accept them as they were only running a 'cover counter service' (whatever the fcuk one of those is). So I packed my car back up and headed up to a local PostOffice and waited for it to open. The PostMaster looked a bit miffed at the two massive carrier bags full. But they were all weighed in and sent. Randomly one was slightly heavier than the others, but all came in at between 440g and 512g (which includes the 10g or so of bag they are each in). That should hopefully confirm a question or two. I haven't enclosed any fitting instructions, but will post a proper 'How To Guide' up on here later... Just in case anyone gets confused. :rolleyes: Please can everyone be aware that the may have shrunk a little when I have tried to VAC-PAC them originally should when you get it out give it a good shake (hopefully there should be no dog hairs attached... But I did find the mini lion cuddled up against the box of them on Sunday night after pouring a large glass of Baileys Coffee) and gently pull the sides to stretch it back out, but having checked the smallest of them they should all fit perfectly. Hope you all enjoy them... Next bach should be ready this weekend... Rang and adjusted the order profile with Annette and she said she was going to get cracking with some more today thumbsup

Edited by Mangham54, 16 November 2010 - 10:31 AM.

#102 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

Can I also just add 2 notes of caution for anyone who has ordered or is about to: 1. When fitting the liner be careful not to let it drape into the runner where the soft top cable drops into as it may put undue tension on the cable.... which could lead to it snapping. I will put up a mini-how to on the thread, if you want to check what I mean. 2. I know not who are smokers in their VX's, but if you do please remember that the liner is handmade of fabric and is intended to be resistant to flames/ incandescent materials (cig ash), but for you and your cars safety just be careful.... These have been made in good faith and I cannot give any guarantees about it's fire retardentness... so please use sensibly and "You do use at your own risk"... If this is a problem you can always post it back to me for a refund (This did actually keep me up last night). I have tested the material and it will tolerate a 200C iron being placed directly onto it for 1minute with it only damaging the furry side of the fleece material. I know this may seem like overkill... but I was looking through a few bits last night and saw the image of Joe's car in flames again and it got me thinking.... which scared the crap out of me.... As I really don't want to be responsible for another such incident. So as I say if you do smoke in the car.... consider whether this might be the right thing for you and if you have paid and/or recieved one of these and you don't want to run the risk let me know and I will refund you and pay for you to send it back to me.

Edited by Mangham54, 17 November 2010 - 12:34 PM.

#103 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:50 AM

Just got mine, looks really good cheers thank you sir chinky chinky

#104 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

Just got mine, looks really good cheers

thank you sir Posted Image

You're more than welcome. thumbsup

#105 manghan

manghan

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:47 PM

recieved mine today too, looks well! wasnt expecting it to be so thick Imnotworthy very pleased thank you thumbsup

#106 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

recieved mine today

You mean that you two don't live in the same house :o ...or at least neighbours? :lol:

#107 manghan

manghan

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

:rolleyes: :D

#108 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

recieved mine today

You mean that you two don't live in the same house :o ...or at least neighbours? :lol:

The mother-in-law-ish only lives about 5miles from Manghan's

#109 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

Oh.... A quick reminder... I have sent these out full inflated, but if you want it to be a little thinner, get the ironing board out and a suitable size pillow case. Set the iron to hot, cover the liner and iron until the wadding packs down. It will mean that it will lose some of it's thermal properties, but will roll up inside the soft top easier. Doing this you can get the liner to be no more than 5-6mm thick, it still looks good and works, but is obviously easier to use... Horses for courses

#110 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:15 PM

Just spoken to Annette and it looks like all the remaining soft top liners will be ready for the end of the weekend. I will send you all out a PM with my PayPal address (If you haven't already paid) and once you have sent the payment can you also make sure you send me the address you want me to post the item to. Don't forget the parcel is a fair size and won't naturally fit through a letterbox. When you send the PayPal payment can you stick your username from here in the message section so I know who to attribute the payment to. Many thanks, Mangham54

#111 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

I have recieved by liner today and I am very pleased with it. Thanks chinky chinky Steve

#112 AMOSS

AMOSS

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:55 PM

Received mine and i have fitted it too. It also makes the roof not sag anymore in the middle. It fits really well. Thanks Andy

#113 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

I have recieved by liner today

It was sent by sea?! :lol:

#114 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

I have recieved by liner today

It was sent by sea?! :lol:

It was on secret service duties ;)

#115 badgerade

badgerade

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:44 PM

Got mine as well , it looks great thumbsup

#116 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

Just to let you know got mine this week as well thumbsup

#117 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

Me too, although mines now in the pile of VX parts to fit. I think the missus might end up wrapped in it at some point.

#118 Lumberjack

Lumberjack

• Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Skiing, Squash, Travel, Fast Cars

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

As I just got around to reading this thread ...as and when you doing another batch I will have one 1. Lumberjack [Ian Campbell] Diamond Let me know , thnx

#119 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

As I just got around to reading this thread ...as and when you doing another batch I will have one

1. Lumberjack [Ian Campbell] Diamond

Let me know , thnx

Hey

This current run isn't looking that likely for an extra order, but I cannot see having another made up by next weekend should be fine. It will have to be at the revised prices (£30-plain, £35 a diagonal and £38 diamond). But if do want one can you drop me a PM with a definite order and then I can add it to the list. We can then sort out payment and address details. thumbsup

#120 Ben NA

Ben NA

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Received mine and I'm really pleased. Although my soft top has started leaking recently, so I'm taking it out over night! Doh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users