Frittiersalon

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:15 AM

@ 4.10 in first vid, did you take the optimum line?

The front wheels block without ABS, does not make it easier to hold the optimum line.

Side 11, Number 5.

http://www.z4shark.d...ordschleife.pdf

"Whether 24-hour race or endurance championship: On demanding section Wehrseifen are always very many fans - mostly not for nothing, because many misjudge here with the Pace and end up in the tough little wall on the boundary curve. In fourth gear, you brake in strong drop the confusing entrance far right curve outside on the left side of the roadway on. Before the turn- it goes back on the gas and the car compasses very closely along the curb by the continuous outward Curve. The processes have to fit perfectly - who even when turning on the brake, or in which Curve of gas every day have a bad hand: The Car is instantly uneasy, there is little space to correct. Because of the kink at the following left Wehrseifen closes extreme, the driver gets in the usually far from steers and very late to the left - preferably in third gear, which saves a switching operation in the lateral acceleration phase at the output. Before the start of the sharp line of battle, be warned, because the slope falls on the inside like a ramp down - there are all the wheels when braking quickly. Understeer is the output of Wehrseifen poison - but unfortunately there under control almost all the cars! So always take into account some slack and not too fast in the tight bend into thunder. Caution: The right to swing at the output of the passage in the direction Breidscheid is tricky in the wet slippery!"

Edited by Frittiersalon, 17 July 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#42 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Some details.

Opel Speedster 2.2, from 11/2001.

Engine: Z22SE with VX-Performance SK 230 Supercharger-Kit, DBilas (Setrap) Oil cooler.

Chassis: VX-Performance Sachs Race Coilovers, Powerflex Wishbone bushes, Dempert (Maintools) Front stabilizer brackets with Teflon bearings, milled steering arms.

Exhaust: Stüber, 60 mm diameter, Metal catalyst with 200 cells.

Aerodynamics: Turbo Flaps, Edel-Car-Parts Spoiler (AK Motorsport), depended TAT Diffusor.

Brake: Lotus 111R ABS-Ecu, Front: 308 mm EBC Turbo Groove Brake discs, Calipers with Dempert Adapter, EBC Yellow Stuff Brake pads, Porsche Brake cooling (air vanes), Goodridge Steel flex brake lines, Rear: EBC Turbo Groove, EBC Yellow Stuff, Goodridge Steel flex brake lines.

Wheels: ATS DTC 7.5 x 17 + 9 x 17, Toyo R888 205/40 17 + 235/40 17 (GG).

Interior: VDO Oil Temperature (Oil drain sensor) and mechanical Boost Pressure display.

Are you satisfied with that Sachs suspension? What spring rates do you have? Do you have std ARB?
Thank you, Per

#43 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

@ 4.10 in first vid, did you take the optimum line?

The front wheels block without ABS, does not make it easier to hold the optimum line.

Side 11, Number 5.

http://www.z4shark.d...ordschleife.pdf

"Whether 24-hour race or endurance championship: On demanding section Wehrseifen are always very many fans - mostly not for nothing, because many misjudge here with the Pace and end up in the tough little wall on the boundary curve. In fourth gear, you brake in strong drop the confusing entrance far right curve outside on the left side of the roadway on. Before the turn- it goes back on the gas and the car compasses very closely along the curb by the continuous outward Curve. The processes have to fit perfectly - who even when turning on the brake, or in which Curve of gas every day have a bad hand: The Car is instantly uneasy, there is little space to correct. Because of the kink at the following left Wehrseifen closes extreme, the driver gets in the usually far from steers and very late to the left - preferably in third gear, which saves a switching operation in the lateral acceleration phase at the output. Before the start of the sharp line of battle, be warned, because the slope falls on the inside like a ramp down - there are all the wheels when braking quickly. Understeer is the output of Wehrseifen poison - but unfortunately there under control almost all the cars! So always take into account some slack and not too fast in the tight bend into thunder. Caution: The right to swing at the output of the passage in the direction Breidscheid is tricky in the wet slippery!"

Goolge translate?! :? Sorry, but I struggled with with the crucial parts of that - "the driver gets in the usually far from steers and very late to the left - preferably in third gear, which saves a switching operation in the lateral acceleration phase at the output. " LOL :D

...but yes, I could hear the tyres...that's why I asked the question. It seemed the me that you could use the camber more in your favour?

I'm Not, trying to be smart - what do I know?! I've only done 3 laps in torrential rain and mist on A048s (sans chapeau ;) ), prob 20.0 btg :D

#44 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

"the driver gets in the usually far from steers and very late to the left - preferably in third gear, which saves a switching operation in the lateral acceleration phase at the output. "

The curve to the left is extreme, the driver must drive far to the right and steer left late, the best in third gear. At the exit of the corner you will then save a switching operation. :unsure:

#45 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

Errr... OK, i give up?! :D ...that's not what you did is it? ;)

#46 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Errr... OK, i give up?!

Extreme right, left late, third gear ... ;)

#47 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

Are you satisfied with that Sachs suspension? What spring rates do you have? Do you have std ARB?

Front 50-80 N/mm (progressiv)
Rear 85 N/mm (linear)

Standard ARB with teflon bearings.

I am absolutely satisfied, performance is sufficient for me.

#48 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:Provoking Badgers

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Could you share some details on the Porsche brake cooling you have please?

#49 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Original Porsche parts. Cost only a few euros and must be adapted and modified slightly.

#50 davemate

davemate

Harrop!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  • Interests:Provoking Badgers

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Original Porsche parts. Cost only a few euros and must be adapted and modified slightly.

That is very neat, I like that. thanks for the reply. :)

Could you please let me know which porsce and which year, as I will bung this on mine as well.

#51 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Could you please let me know which porsce and which year, as I will bung this on mine as well.

The blades are from a 997 GT3.

#52 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Test the new RSR at the Circuit Zandvoort. Cold pressure 1,55 bar front and 1,65 bar rear, hot pressure 1,95 und 2,1.

The RSR also worked very well after a session of 45 minutes. High level of grip, in my opinion a very good tire for the price.

#53 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

Posted Image

#54 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Sunshine on the ring today ...

Posted Image

#55 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

Nürburgring GP-Track, 10.09.2014

#56 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

What is the flickering red light ?

#57 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:24 PM

What is the flickering red light ?

looks like a shift light

#58 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

My guess is on battery plus pole hitting the chassis.

(I had the same)

#59 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

This is the lamp of the brake fluid reservoir.

The lamp lights only on the race track after I replaced the cap. The Reservoir is full enough. I'm going to check the connection.

#60 Frittiersalon

Frittiersalon

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image

OBD tuner, water intercooler, large throttle valve, 680er injectors and helper springs on the rear are also new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users