Update On Winter Project

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 maybach

maybach

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

;) hi guys, i'll bring you upto speed not posted for a while been working on bringing my garage into a usable space before i stripped my car down. so stripped the back off so i can get into everything as i plan to change all the suspension and bush's at a later date. ok on to the main event removed inlet manifold air filter assembly drained water etc removed the poly v tensioner found that cracked! sent ecu to cs back and mapped, recieved belt tensioner, injectors, map sensor, inlet gasket, sc gasket, manifold support bracket from cs. got top hat bush's made for locating manifold onto m6 studs and bolts which allowed me to bolt this all on. fitted o'rings onto laminovas from local supplier made a dipstick support mount painted and fitted. checked alternator 100amp all good happy days so cut down bolt routed cable with new sheathing and fitted a rubber protective grommet. thats pretty much it now next step gotta weld tube for dual pass, get egr cheater done, extend wires, fit polyv adjuster for now anyway. as i can only spend an hour ish at night its steady away. got to order some big parts up exst manifold and downpipe, radiator, charge cooler,elec water pump. its question time now if any bod can assist. 1 uprated fuel pump any reccomendations on make or type. 2 standard throttle the m6 holes dont line up directly with mounting holes on sc does the throttle body adaptor plate sort this or am i missing a piece of the puzzle? thats it for now i'll update when i've done a bit more cheers

#2 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:04 PM

1. Send a PM to Cliffie, he can sort you with a kit including the only one that fits properly (alternatively, Courtenay can also supply it) 2. No idea, I use the LSJ 68mm throttle body which is a direct fit.

#3 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

thats it for now i'll update when i've done a bit more cheers

Sounds like you've been busy!

Good luck with it all. thumbsup

#4 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

drill out the mounting bolt holes in the standard tb to 8mm or 8.5mm, then the bolts should just about fit

#5 maybach

maybach

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

cheers for help chaps i spoke to cs today the guy i spoke to could'nt give me a price on the plate as it normally comes in a kit??. anyway gonna make one but if i get stuck i'll def pm cliffie thanks for that. i remember now reading about drilling the holes out so thanks again vocky for the info. it can be hard to filter all the information you read at different months or weeks and recall that one thing thats missing or spend hours looking again for it chinky chinky right exhausts i spoke to a few people and have got a good idea how much its gonna be but don't tell the wife :beat: i have a turbo silencer so being a low db is the most important criteria as i track it which rules out loud systems.keeping this silencer is a prefered option but not critical. spoke to chris tullet exsts priced up milltek also looked into building my own or getting it custom made. seeing as the latter is not cost effective and i know an sc needs max flow etc whats the verdict chaps? at the dump valve outlet whats the seal like as mine is missing.gotta source either an o'ring to fit into recess on end plate or around the nose as it goes into sc is this correct? its just that the recess may be too deep for an o'ring. i also require an o'ring for the sc to tb which fits into the recess there . my last question sc oil refill amount 6 ounces i read is this correct? i want to change it as a matter of course also i dont know if it has correct amount in. cheers again.

Attached Files

#6 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Turbo and NA backboxes are the same for reference......Unless the OEM exhaust I got with my car is actually a tubby one.

#7 maybach

maybach

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Turbo and NA backboxes are the same for reference......Unless the OEM exhaust I got with my car is actually a tubby one.

externally they look the same but i have been told internally they are different. now this could be wrong and if they are the same i,ll fit a better item??

#8 palmer

palmer

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

Random question, can you fit an external dump valve to this supercharger? :D

#9 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

the missing gaskets are not O rings, best get some new ones from the states tubby and 2.2 backboxes are totally different, plus the 2.2 is 2" and the tubby is 2.5"

#10 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

The entry hole on the backboxes is the same diameter though so the tubby must step down? I have a tubby backbox but its the same as my na one(didn't obviously realise this till I had them sat together)

#11 maybach

maybach

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

Random question, can you fit an external dump valve to this supercharger? :D

sorry i am on a learning curve with these cant answer that one.

#12 maybach

maybach

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

the missing gaskets are not O rings, best get some new ones from the states

tubby and 2.2 backboxes are totally different, plus the 2.2 is 2" and the tubby is 2.5"

ill have a look for these parts in the usa.

#13 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

I have a throttle adaptor plate. Its a home brew one that I got with my SC when I bought it. Not sure if it fits the OE throttle but your welcome to have a look. Free if its of use to you.

#14 maybach

maybach

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

I have a throttle adaptor plate. Its a home brew one that I got with my SC when I bought it. Not sure if it fits the OE throttle but your welcome to have a look. Free if its of use to you.

hi yes ill have a look at it please ill pm you my number or vise versa cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users