• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:22 AM

Very quick question, the bolts on my gasket cover are pretty rusty so have bought a replacement set, before I go about it could the learned folk on here just shout if by doing the following it is a daft idea. I was literally going to remove one bolt and replace with a new one, one at a time. there shouldn't be any problems doing that should there? Its literally a case of going around them one after the other. Also what is the torque setting? I had a quick google and found on a Vaux forum saying 8nm but wanted to check...

#2 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

Wont be an issue doing that, the torque you quote seems correct - in reality a nip is sufficient.

#3 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:33 AM

Wont be an issue doing that, the torque you quote seems correct - in reality a nip is sufficient.

Super, cheers

#4 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

Gasket cover = cam cover? 

The bolts go through a sort of collar that has rubber around it, just be careful pulling each one out. I had a set that I cleaned but then they went rusty really quickly again. Bought a plating kit and am going to plate them myself when the weather gets warmer. 

#5 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:39 AM

Sorry yes my bad, I meant the rocker/cam cover - I bought these https://www.ebay.co....ne/382286114941

#6 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:02 AM

My bad, should have checked what you had. The turbo is different to the NA and the NA has special ones. You should be fine with those for your car. 

#7 coldel

coldel

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

My bad, should have checked what you had. The turbo is different to the NA and the NA has special ones. You should be fine with those for your car. 

thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users