Stolen Car - Beware!

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#1 paulr

paulr

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:30 PM

I parked my car in the garage yesterday afternoon. Got up this lunchtime to clean it, opened the garage door and there was no car. Someone last night (whilst I was out in town) has got into my garage, got into the car and taken it. I have all the keys to my garage and all my keys to the car. It's a black VXT 2003, vin - W0L0EBR973N006932. I'm bot sure if I should post my reg? At first I thought I must have parked on the court or in the road, so I just walked around (quite dazed really) looking for it. The garage doesn't look forced.... but to get into it and start it up without the keys must point to someone more professional. Anyone looking to purchase a VXT please be wary. I'm guessing it'll be used for parts ? I'm just totally gutted!

#2 Jive

Jive

• PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

I guess it will be stripped for parts too as the chassis number will be read by any mechanic that a potential buyer would take it so unless they knew they were buying stolen goods and had to take it to un approved garages. I'm getting CCTV installed after the recent vandalism of my car, at least that way i can go break some legs afterwards to relieve my anger, instead of bottling it up as the police say theres nothing they could do as they would walk even if they did find em. Edit * If its being stripped for parts i think its worth noting that on here and on ebay are the two most likely places to sell the bits off so if anyone goes to buy bits, check and see if the build number is 6932! My condolences mate. The car is pretty hard to nick without the keys, what garages have you taken it to? They would be my first suspect as they have the ability to make a key copy and program it into the ecu as well as sell/use the parts.

Edited by Jive, 19 November 2006 - 01:47 PM.

#3 l14mha

l14mha

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:51 PM

Sorry to hear that matey... :( i'm sure that every1 on this forum will keep there eyes pealed. there can't be that many black vxt's out there, so it will make shifting clams etc that little bit harder. with regards to other internal parts i'm not sure how trackable they are....anyone? liam :o

#4 paulr

paulr

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:01 PM

I guess it will be stripped for parts too as the chassis number will be read by any mechanic that a potential buyer would take it so unless they knew they were buying stolen goods and had to take it to un approved garages.

I'm getting CCTV installed after the recent vandalism of my car, at least that way i can go break some legs afterwards to relieve my anger, instead of bottling it up as the police say theres nothing they could do as they would walk even if they did find em.

Edit * If its being stripped for parts i think its worth noting that on here and on ebay are the two most likely places to sell the bits off so if anyone goes to buy bits, check and see if the build number is 6932!

My condolences mate.

The car is pretty hard to nick without the keys, what garages have you taken it to? They would be my first suspect as they have the ability to make a key copy and program it into the ecu as well as sell/use the parts.

Just the Vauxhall dealership in byfleet, so I'm sure they wouldn't be involved. Getting married in 4 months, this is the last thing I need, I'm going to loose thousands for this!

I've gone from disbelief to F*cking angry now!

#5 Immyh

Immyh

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:08 PM

hi mate sorry to hear about the car I think you should give the number plate out so if anyone spots it or is asked if they want to buy they will know instantly. anyway good luck ill keep my eyes peeled.

#6 danuk

danuk

• Pip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

Thats not a good thing to happen. My dads garage got broken into a few times, because there was just a lock for the garage handle, all they had to do to get in was to push a screwdriver in at the side of the garage door where the catch was and they were in. took about 5 seconds

#7 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:32 PM

Strange theft.. especially if theres no sign of forced entry?? Could it be your mates winding you up just before the wedding? [would make a great best man speech] Were your keys where you left them last night? PS I'd post the reg up thumbsup

#8 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:34 PM

Really sorry to hear that mate. :( :( :( Thats very very worrying :( It seems there's nothing you can do to keep your pride and joy safe these days. Hope it gets sorted in the best possible way. There may be a chance that you get here back, but wouldn't want to think in what state. :grouphug:

#9 urbanmac

urbanmac

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:03 PM

big downer.

Posted Image
Will keep em peeled

#10 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:39 PM

So sorry to hear this. I am on ebay several times a day so will make a point of searching VX items for sale.

#11 n1k_ns

n1k_ns

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Date Of VX First Registration: 01/03/2002

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:31 PM

Similar thing happened to my mates dads car, apparently they rolled the car off the drive into another van (or similar) and exported it, the alarm didnt even go off. There is an Opel Speedster on ebay at the moment with damage that has been imported which sounds very dodgy:

Clicky

Sorry to hear about it though mate, hope you get it back!!

#12 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:38 PM

There is an Opel Speedster on ebay at the moment with damage that has been imported which sounds very dodgy:

Clicky

Hmmm, Opel NA front end, VXT badged rear end and PL plates. :unsure:

Sorry, that's going off topic. Sorry to hear about the theft. Worrying that there was no sign of break in. Were the plod remotely interested?
chinky chinky

#13 Flanners

Flanners

• PipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Into my cars, motorbikes and road bking

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:39 PM

Barge and pole spring to mind. Having said that a fellow EU member who is working here may be short on cash??

#14 Robski

Robski

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:07 PM

There is an Opel Speedster on ebay at the moment with damage that has been imported which sounds very dodgy:

Clicky

Hmmm, Opel NA front end, VXT badged rear end and PL plates. :unsure:

I'm pretty certain that this is Hugo Woogo's car who is / was a member on here. Very nice chap who I met up with on a few occasions when he was based in London, but he has since moved to Brighton. The car is badged a Speedster on the rear and has had a vx220 badge added (I presume since he moved to the UK). No sign of turbo badging as far as I can see :unsure:

Rob

#15 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

I'm pretty certain that this is Hugo Woogo's car who is / was a member on here. Very nice chap who I met up with on a few occasions when he was based in London, but he has since moved to Brighton. The car is badged a Speedster on the rear and has had a vx220 badge added (I presume since he moved to the UK). No sign of turbo badging as far as I can see :unsure:

My mistake, it's a Speedster badge, not turbo. But I thought Hugo was breaking his car? :unsure:

#16 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:24 PM

:o Sorry to hear this. Anybody near your garage got CCTV cameras installed?

#17 danuk

danuk

• Pip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

Were you not selling your car. Did anyone come to view it, could it have been one of them

#18 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:40 PM

:( Gosh Paul, i'm really sorry to hear this terrible news. It was only a few weeks ago we were discussing how to our knowlidge, there had never been a VX stolen. It's indeed sad news to hear that you were the one to break the mould :( I sincerely hope you either manage to get her returned to you or at the very least, manage to get her replaced by the insurrance company. I can only imagine what you must feel and know that that will be far from the mark of what you actually do feel. All the best mate :grouphug:

#19 V2VXR

V2VXR

• PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Browsing Internet Forum Sites

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:55 PM

Like everyone else, so sorry to hear about this. :grouphug: I'd agree put up the reg number and possibly a piccy with any individual characteristics e.g. de v'ed, stealth window surround etc. Then we can all keep a look out just in case it isn't been used for spares. My first purchase for the car was a RAC Tracker so that if the worse did happen there is a high possibility that they find it again. Highly recommended for just 10quid subscription a month. Good luck with everything and have a few well deversed :drink: :drink:

#20 paulr

paulr

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:37 PM

I can't thank everyone enough for your support. I'm not angry anymore, I'm now toally relieved and embarrassed at the same time. I went to the police earlier and was filling in their crime report. 1st question was what time did i put the car in the garage. I initially said 3:00pm but then I thought - no - I was buying the wedding rings around then so I said 2:00pm. Then my girl friend said "no, because I met her at the tennis club before going to shopping, but we got home around 6:00pm. Then it finally dawned on me. I met Gemma at the tennis club and used her car to save parking 2 cars. Yep, after spending 2 hours in the jewery store and needing to rush home to got out to dinner, I had driven home in Gem's car. I went up to the tennis club and there she was, exactly where I left her. Can you actually imagine how much of an idiot I feel! I had told a fewof people of the "car being stolen" earlier, so I sheepishly phoned them to tell them the news. Funnily enough, they all took the p*ss. I've a bad memory (never this bad before) but for both of us not to realise? I think the honeymoney can't come quick enough for both of us. I now await your comments. I certainly deserve it! I don't think :beat: is strong enough!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users