• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#81 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:28 AM

Mark, it looks really superb!! as I had no doubt it would. thumbsup It looks much better than the original photoshop images thumbsup - and certainly much better than the state I saw it in last week at BoT. ;)

#82 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

Imnotworthy thumbsup Great job, looks superb! The only problem I can see with it, on is that it's advertising a tobacco product, besides Imperial Tobacco saying that you might be infringing some copyright of there product, is that advertising tobacco is illegal other than one A5 size advert. Anyone remember the F1 a few years ago when they had to take all the Tobacco advertising off the cars for UK broadcast? I'm sure no one would pull you up on it tho!

#83 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:12 AM

There was another photoshop with that sort of red and a white roof which looks even closer. The car looks great Mark, are those rear clam holes new? Martin s

#84 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:17 AM

Glad you stuck with the proper Marlboro text and didn't try and sanitise it for the PC brigade. thumbsup

Was never going to happen Matt, same old story, my car my choice

#85 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Imnotworthy thumbsup

Great job, looks superb!

The only problem I can see with it, on is that it's advertising a tobacco product, besides Imperial Tobacco saying that you might be infringing some copyright of there product, is that advertising tobacco is illegal other than one A5 size advert. Anyone remember the F1 a few years ago when they had to take all the Tobacco advertising off the cars for UK broadcast?

I'm sure no one would pull you up on it tho!

Before I did it I checked with all the major TDO's and they all said no problem. Obviously I'm not Marlboro advertising for commercial gain so it wont be a problem either I'm sure.

#86 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

The car looks great Mark, are those rear clam holes new?

Martin s

No they were there before, perhaps they stand out more with the red and white.

#87 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:36 AM

Obviously I'm not Marlboro advertising for commercial gain so it wont be a problem either I'm sure.

Um... Sounds a little like a grey area there. I know all the advertising I get through for tobacco etc... has written on the bottom 'Only intended for viewing by the tobacco purchaser', a law that has gone crazy I think.

Like I said car looks wicked!

#88 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

Obviously I'm not Marlboro advertising for commercial gain so it wont be a problem either I'm sure.

Um... Sounds a little like a grey area there. I know all the advertising I get through for tobacco etc... has written on the bottom 'Only intended for viewing by the tobacco purchaser', a law that has gone crazy I think.

Possibly dark grey :) I see a lot of Land Rover/Range Rover owners with Camel decals and designs with no problems. I think the key thing is going to be the definition of advertising ie. a form of communication used to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to take some action with respect to products. Of course I am not doing this. Whether people like it or not the Marlboro livery is a design classic and that includes the font of the Marlboro name.

#89 insanojackson

insanojackson

• Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

I think it changes the look of the car hugely, makes it look like a one off racer instead of a production car.It looks good. I did however personally prefer it green.

#90 Ouchie

Ouchie

Monkey no mates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Possibly dark grey :) I see a lot of Land Rover/Range Rover owners with Camel decals and designs with no problems. I think the key thing is going to be the definition of advertising ie. a form of communication used to persuade an audience (viewers, readers or listeners) to take some action with respect to products. Of course I am not doing this. Whether people like it or not the Marlboro livery is a design classic and that includes the font of the Marlboro name.

Spot on. The only issue I saw was tracks getting upity because of some silly government legislation and huge fine blah blah blah. Sensible is as sensible does :lol:

#91 Ouchie

Ouchie

Monkey no mates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:24 PM

Edited by Ouchie, 29 May 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#92 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

Looking good Mark Posted Image

#93 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

looks amazing mark - roll on my full RBR livery :pw

Rah sh*t, got on in the works too :(

fiveoclock's one is really cool. regarding branding there was a Mild Seven Clio 182 (sort of Renault F1 livery replica) a few years ago at Spa which got problems, but only because the trackday was a somewhat special charity/heavily photographied event, he never got any other issues

#94 loggons

loggons

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:05 PM

Frankly I just don't get it, I can not understand why anyone would spend their own money to advertise cigarettes, or any other product for that matter. You may claim that its not advertising but, it is its promoting a brand, its making the brand look cool and sexy. Smoking is not cool, clever or sexy, its stupid and it kills people. Kids love VXs and are susceptible to what this car is doing and thats creating brand awareness. Each to their own it appears that I'm a lone voice here, I think its hideous.

#95 waggy

waggy

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

I love it! Wish I could do something similar on europa blue, any ideas?

#96 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Frankly I just don't get it, I can not understand why anyone would spend their own money to advertise cigarettes, or any other product for that matter.

It's feck all to do with advertising or brand promotion now though. It's a replica of one of the most classic and instantly recognisable motorsport liveries of all time. Roll on somebody doing a decent Silk Cut or Rothmans replica, I say. Leave the 555 stuff to the Scoobies though.

There's no issue with the livery. All of the great McLaren, Lotus, Jaguar, etc race cars of the 60's/70's/80's/90's still sport their original liveries and can be see at all sorts of historic events both on track and on the road. You can still buy model cars with all of these classic liveries. God forbid anybody under the age of 50 sees a historic Grand Prix on the TV. Better can the new Senna movie quickly. Bugger, then there's books and art. Oh christ, then there's the Internet. I haven't seen anyone trying to ban any of these due to the risk of killing children by exposing them to such dreadful corrupting imagery.

Unless fiveoclock's car suddenly makes it on to Britain's Got (No) Talent or Twat Factor, just how many people do you think will be exposed to it for whatever length of time it's on the car?

#97 loggons

loggons

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

It's feck all to do with advertising or brand promotion now though. You fail to grasp what the definition advertising is.

Edited by loggons, 29 May 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#98 loggons

loggons

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:43 PM

Deleted

Edited by loggons, 29 May 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#99 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Frankly I just don't get it, I can not understand why anyone would spend their own money to advertise cigarettes, or any other product for that matter. You may claim that its not advertising but, it is its promoting a brand, its making the brand look cool and sexy. Smoking is not cool, clever or sexy, its stupid and it kills people. Kids love VXs and are susceptible to what this car is doing and thats creating brand awareness.

Each to their own it appears that I'm a lone voice here, I think its hideous.

If you're the sort of person who gets upset about something like this then you're worth upsetting. And I see you've also played the save the children card. You need to give kids some credit, do you really think a kid sees a car with marlboro on it and starts smoking.

#100 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

He's advertising a school

http://www.marlboro.edu/

The branding has made me want to go back to school Posted Image

Oh, have you bought a stetson yet mark?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic