• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#141 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:09 PM

Right back on topic. I like the design, except the text on the side of the car. I think it would look better without it. Or maybe angle it in line with the bottom of the window and stretch it so that there is equal space either side to the shut lines of the door.

Note what you say but we (Martin S) photoshopped different positions and sizes and on the day we offered it up in different positions and, to me, this looked best.

#142 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hi Mark, sorry I missed you at goodwood today, I had to take me Ma into hospital this pm. Did you see the JPS Exige there, the paddock must have looked like a tabacconist :lol:

No problem, I didnt stay long. Came dressed for summer and it was winter when I arrived!!!

#143 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:34 PM

I think that with your car and Cliffies we might see a lot more creative designs as the wrapping techniques get better and better.

#144 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

Mark I think you should put up a picture of your daily drive... Some of the erectile dysfunctional types over there might simmer down when they understand that it isn't your daily drive. As for the SELOC members... Unfortunately I don't hold many of them with much regard as it would always appear that it is not what the car drives like that is important, but what badge it wears... And if that is a Porsche one all the better. :lol:

#145 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:48 PM

Mark I think you should put up a picture of your daily drive... Some of the erectile dysfunctional types over there might simmer down when they understand that it isn't your daily drive.

I did mention early on, I'm sure, that 99% of the time its only driven to a track and on a track, I did consider putting the daily drive under my forum name but didnt

#146 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

Mark I think you should put up a picture of your daily drive... Some of the erectile dysfunctional types over there might simmer down when they understand that it isn't your daily drive.

I did mention early on, I'm sure, that 99% of the time its only driven to a track and on a track, I did consider putting the daily drive under my forum name but didnt

You certainly did, but It would appear that very few have read the thread from start to finish... Just jumped in to see what the craic was as the post count was rattling upwards and wanted to get it on the act.

#147 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

scoobynutterbastard.org

Posted Image

#148 Darcini

Darcini

There must be some way outa here

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

A local Elise owner who normally gives me a wave totally blanked me this morning, I presume that's your fault fiveoclock :lol:

#149 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

nice one moospeed Posted Image

Quote:Originally posted by Steve Jones
How many people have shouted "FAG" as you drove past?

Posted Image

It's a VX, not an S2.

#150 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:55 PM

A local Elise owner who normally gives me a wave totally blanked me this morning, I presume that's your fault fiveoclock :lol:

No its prob just because his wife gave him a cold back last night, even SELOC cant blame that on me :lol:

#151 dapimp

dapimp

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Bar sports, especially pool. Obviously my VX....and my lovely gf.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:00 PM

Love it mate, think it looks the nuts.

#152 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

1. Think the wrap looks B) 2. There is no correlation between your VX and any possible future increase in cigarette sales. Most kids seeing your car would not even know what a Marlboro is, let alone go out and buy a pack especially.... With regard to the SELOC thread. Are they real? Anyone would think you had respayed their car overnight and legged it. Yours is only a wrap on only a track car on only a VX. Simply don't get the anti-VX comments over there. When an ex VX owner here buys a Lotus, you just have to see how we respond. Yes, some light-hearted p*ss taking rather than comments that verge on hatred. Baffles me :wacko: Gotta love some of the replies though thumbsup

#153 rsg

rsg

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

1. Think the wrap looks B)
2. There is no correlation between your VX and any possible future increase in cigarette sales. Most kids seeing your car would not even know what a Marlboro is, let alone go out and buy a pack especially....

With regard to the SELOC thread. Are they real? Anyone would think you had respayed their car overnight and legged it. Yours is only a wrap on only a track car on only a VX. Simply don't get the anti-VX comments over there. When an ex VX owner here buys a Lotus, you just have to see how we respond. Yes, some light-hearted p*ss taking rather than comments that verge on hatred. Baffles me :wacko: Gotta love some of the replies though thumbsup

Especially the 'sh!tbox VX' comments. So based on that the only thing some of them like about their car is the bodywork and crapper engine, as thats the only thing thats changed. Oh and the badge ;)

5'o'c - Car looks the nuts, you should be proud of it.

Anyone who looks at it and thinks 'mmm I might take up smoking after seeing that car' really deserves to die a cut-short, painful and wheezy death IMO

Reminds me of this

Edited by rsg, 31 May 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#154 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:16 PM

Especially the 'sh!tbox VX' comments

Tempted to de-badge mine and get some "Vauxhall Shitbox" badges made up.... :lol:

#155 fatwomble

fatwomble

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

I was pretty annoyed at some of the stupid comments on SELOC, some people just can't help themselves. A bit of light hearted mickey taking is fine, but some of the comments were just nasty. Sad really as SELOC is a great place on generally and I've met loads of really good people on there. Some people really do put the badge before all else. I'm happy to describe my "Lotus" as VX with a different body, but I've had comments about the Europa diluting the Lotus brand :blink: As I said on SELOC, it looks good, especially in the flesh.

#156 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

I was pretty annoyed at some of the stupid comments on SELOC, some people just can't help themselves. A bit of light hearted mickey taking is fine, but some of the comments were just nasty. Sad really as SELOC is a great place on generally and I've met loads of really good people on there.

Some people really do put the badge before all else. I'm happy to describe my "Lotus" as VX with a different body, but I've had comments about the Europa diluting the Lotus brand :blink:

As I said on SELOC, it looks good, especially in the flesh.

I am sorry but the Europa does anything but dilute the brand... Knobjockeys! If the crowd only think that lotus is famed for the Elise and the '7' (ie superlightweight iconic cars) then they need to revisit the model history.

Part of the prestige that goes with Lotus is how the dealerships pamper their egos by making them feel that a handmade car from Norfolk is the ultimate style accessory and the purest automotive design... Which I am sorry to say it is neither. And don't get me started about it being a premium brand!

Edited by Mangham54, 31 May 2011 - 09:19 PM.

#157 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

Lol It's a vauxhall, and comments were invited on a lotus forum... Tbh I'm surprised how muted the comments were, given how hard fiveoclock bit :rolleyes: :P

#158 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

Lol

It's a vauxhall, and comments were invited on a lotus forum... Tbh I'm surprised how muted the comments were, given how hard fiveoclock bit :rolleyes:

:P

As I said on there no matter how much they dont like it a VX has a Lotus connection. I honestly didnt "bite", you could say I worked the audience. ;) I was careful to only reply in the same manner the confrontational people posted. Credit me with a bit of nouse. :rolleyes:

Edited by fiveoclock, 31 May 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#159 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

. Credit me with a bit of nouse. :rolleyes:

what is a bloody nouse :mellow:is it use to go on the track :mellow:do i need a nouse

#160 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

. Credit me with a bit of nouse. :rolleyes:

what is a bloody nouse :mellow:is it use to go on the track :mellow:do i need a nouse

Nouse (possibly spelt wrongly): know how, common sense, ability.

ie. If Fabrice had any nouse he wouldn't have ITB's :lol:

Edited by fiveoclock, 31 May 2011 - 09:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users