• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 scottybob

scottybob

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

Thanks!!

The price problem is not the material, if its grp or carbon fibre it doesn´t matter, but the production technology does the price. we made them in vacuum infusion technology, that means optimal fiber-resin impregnation, so the lights weight is only 800 gramm fully populated per light, also the hella moduls are very expensiv. I think if we found some buyer we could give a quantity discount also the shipping to UK is not that cheap for one light set. If we could pack 3 or more lights into one box, we could also save money for shipping.

I will make pictures in the dark, that you can see how they looks like illuminated.

Actually there is no engine inside..thats why the exhaust is a slightly crooked. :rolleyes:

Have a nice weekend

Gosh! resin infusion is some serious tech for making lights. I'd imagine a part of this size wouldn't be too much heavier if made in pre-preg or even vac formed wet lay up? I appreciate the cost in the light units would be a difficult one to address on low volume production. Unfortunately the cost might be an issue with the current exchange.

Resin infusion is cheaper to produce than prepreg as the resin is added on the mould not before on a machine and also it doesnt need to be autoclave cured so cheaper to cure aswell not as strong as prepreg but for most applications it is more than strong enough.

They do look well made and good design

#22 Ben NA

Ben NA

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:34 PM

Anyone managed to successfully fit rear brake light LED bulbs? I've never seen a pic of a VX with these fitted but they look awesome on the elises!

#23 MaDFreeBiRD

MaDFreeBiRD

VX gone :( 350Z replacement :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

Anyone managed to successfully fit rear brake light LED bulbs? I've never seen a pic of a VX with these fitted but they look awesome on the elises!

+1

#24 Ben NA

Ben NA

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

Still got the VX, Josh?

#25 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

Really? People like these? This forum is so hit and miss :wacko: Well executed piece of kit but absolutely disgusting imo. I was expecting the topic ot get a slating but strangely a few are interested... Worth buying if only to stop the water leaking in behind the lenses on the oe lights :lol:

#26 MaDFreeBiRD

MaDFreeBiRD

VX gone :( 350Z replacement :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:33 AM

Still got the VX, Josh?

Yep at the mo, going through the do i dont i stage right now lol

#27 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:41 AM

I must admit that I don't like them.

To me it makes the car look like a badly designed 'kit car'!

They do Look well made though....

:yeahthat:

The carbon fibre part of the lights looks nice on it's own.

But seeing them on a VX looks HORRIBLE! :sick:

#28 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:22 AM

Really? People like these? This forum is so hit and miss :wacko:

I was expecting the topic ot get a slating

I am with you Fred, I thought it would be universally panned but nowt as queer as folk eh.

Don't think I will be saving up for a set though.

#29 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:58 AM

fooking horrific looking imho... but then the OEM lights look pretty sh** anyway :lol: mmm afterburner style :lol: I can see where the cost soon mounts up and frankly you will NOT find a solution for a pair of rears for much less than £600ish given low volumes and complexity of the product + people like Hella enjoying a BIG price tag. Kevlar/aramid ones would be cool as they can take a bump without really breaking :)

#30 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

One of the dutch guys did a full xenon/led conversion:
http://www.speedster...ght=led&start=0

Unfortunately not so clear pictures on the rear light part.

Blinker and drive-backwards lights on:
Posted Image

Blinker, drive-backward and brake lights on:
Posted Image

As the text is dutch, here's the list of what he's done"

interior light = led
number plate light = led
low beam = xenon (6000k)
high beam = led
foglights = led (6000k)
side blinkers = led
front blinkers = led
rear lights = all led

Edited by smiley, 14 May 2011 - 09:11 AM.

#31 Ben NA

Ben NA

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

As the text is dutch, here's the list of what he's done"

interior light = led
number plate light = led
low beam = xenon (6000k)
high beam = led
foglights = led (6000k)
side blinkers = led
front blinkers = led
rear lights = all led

Cheers for the help. So he's basically replaced everything with LED's. lol. The brake lights don't look much brighter than the normal lights which is concerning!

#32 Ben NA

Ben NA

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

Still got the VX, Josh?

Yep at the mo, going through the do i dont i stage right now lol

What because VX's are so hard to sell! :lol:

#33 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:45 PM

Thanks!!

The price problem is not the material, if its grp or carbon fibre it doesn´t matter, but the production technology does the price. we made them in vacuum infusion technology, that means optimal fiber-resin impregnation, so the lights weight is only 800 gramm fully populated per light, also the hella moduls are very expensiv. I think if we found some buyer we could give a quantity discount also the shipping to UK is not that cheap for one light set. If we could pack 3 or more lights into one box, we could also save money for shipping.

I will make pictures in the dark, that you can see how they looks like illuminated.

Actually there is no engine inside..thats why the exhaust is a slightly crooked. :rolleyes:

Have a nice weekend

Gosh! resin infusion is some serious tech for making lights. I'd imagine a part of this size wouldn't be too much heavier if made in pre-preg or even vac formed wet lay up? I appreciate the cost in the light units would be a difficult one to address on low volume production. Unfortunately the cost might be an issue with the current exchange.

Resin infusion is cheaper to produce than prepreg as the resin is added on the mould not before on a machine and also it doesnt need to be autoclave cured so cheaper to cure aswell not as strong as prepreg but for most applications it is more than strong enough.

Gosh, I thought it was dearer. I think I need to pay you a visit. I could learn soooo much. Vac bagging is the extent of my expertise :(. Does a reasonable job I suppose as I get to 10-15 mbar.

#34 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

Cheers for the help. So he's basically replaced everything with LED's. lol. The brake lights don't look much brighter than the normal lights which is concerning!

His pictures are crap.
According to the owner, all is much brighter, and the brakelight was giving him a headache.
As these things are dirt cheap on http://www.dealextreme.com, and delivery is free, just give it a try.
Worse case you need to switch the + and the - to get it up and running.

#35 scottybob

scottybob

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:17 AM

Thanks!!

Have a nice weekend

Gosh, I thought it was dearer. I think I need to pay you a visit. I could learn soooo much. Vac bagging is the extent of my expertise :(. Does a reasonable job I suppose as I get to 10-15 mbar.

Haha vacuum bagging and autoclave curing under 90psi is where its at :groupjump: as that gives the best finish exatly the right amount of resin per sq mtr of carbon and the best consolidation for the strongest laminate.

#36 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• 22,602 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

His pictures are crap.
According to the owner, all is much brighter, and the brakelight was giving him a headache.
As these things are dirt cheap on http://www.dealextreme.com, and delivery is free, just give it a try.
Worse case you need to switch the + and the - to get it up and running.

I wouldnt touch dealextreme with a bargepole!!!!! they are doodahs of the highest order. Find a different supplier :)

#37 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:18 PM

Find a different supplier :)

The conversion guy also used http://www.ebay.com.hk

#38 ollo

ollo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

Hy Guys, now we have calculate a new price. We can sell you the Carbon-Fibre Light Set for only 799 pounds ( 911,56 €) including invoice, shipping to UK and all spare Parts you need to fit on your vx.
This price we could offer, cause we put out the complete type and mold costs.
Is anyone interested, please send me an email to info[at]olsn.de or write me a pm.

Cheers Olli

Edited by ollo, 16 May 2011 - 03:00 PM.

#39 Ouchie

Ouchie

Monkey no mates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

Any pictures on different coloured cars? Just wondering what the lights look like in carbon on a bright colour like yellow/red/orange with a carbon spoiler.

#40 ollo

ollo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

Sorry, at the time i have no pics on different coloured cars, only the black one. But you also could paint them in your car colour, and only let the pots were the lights are in, in carbon fibre, with the carbon fibre spoiler i think it will look very nice. I can configurate the Hella lights also for UK, please tell me how the configurating have to be?

Edited by ollo, 16 May 2011 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users